Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

U

I couldn't disagree any stronger with you. If what the parent told Tricia Macke in the interview is true about the coach instructing some of the players (probably perpetrators) to delete the evidence off of their phones that could constitute criminal behavior and heads should roll.

 

The Fox19 article says the story is developing. If so Tricia, you need to corroborate the deletion of evidence with another witness if possible and nail your original source down. Additionally, you would need to speak with the victim's family and determine if they feel/felt coerced into not making a big deal of this and/or not pushing for a meaningful punishment.

 

I know some of you are going to be upset with me for this post and I don't give a flying you know what. This is bullying plain and simple. And if this thread stops one kid from being bullied in the future then it is a success.

 

I know some others mentioned it, this story is probably dangerously close to going national. I already suggested that Highlands needed to bring in outside investigators. Now with the parent allegation of evidence tampering I think you need to bring in an outside law firm and start the investigation over.

 

At the end of the day Highlands, you don't want to end up being a case study for how not to handle a bullying complaint.

 

I completely agree that the story now has new life.

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Evidence tampering?

Outside investigators?

 

Oy Vey!

Since there is video of this could this be a serious crime?

 

Yeah, like they always say: It' not the crime that gets you in trouble, it's videotaping the crime.

this story is probably dangerously close to going national.

 

Already national. I found this from a Mississippi TV station.

 

At least five student-athletes being investigated for harassment - WDAM-TV 7-News, Weather, Sports-Hattiesburg, MS

 

And with a quick look I see a station in Cleveland has mentioned it as well.

 

http://www.19actionnews.com/story/28767349/at-least-five-student-athletes-being-investigated-for-harassment-at-highlands-high-school

It is embarrassing that this thread has 32 pages.

Agreed. Don't they think that attempting to get into a social media war basically telling a news anchor to back off will actually have the news teams dig even deeper?

 

"News team"? Tricia is the "team" and she's probably investigating this from her couch at home.

I couldn't disagree any stronger with you. If what the parent told Tricia Macke in the interview is true about the coach instructing some of the players (probably perpetrators) to delete the evidence off of their phones that could constitute criminal behavior and heads should roll.

 

So the kids should be told to keep the video so it can be passed around and posted and further humiliate the victim of this? And, now the coach is labeled a "criminal"?

Yes I am. Are you still being condescending about everything? The reason I asked is bc if this is misclassified could that affect the punishment? Is there another rule that this violated? The definition didn't match up. Are you this rude all of the time?

 

Actually this could be considered assault or menacing. Regardless of what the Highlands code book states.

 

I think KRS trumps the code book. These young men could face criminal charges if the family chooses to file a criminal complaint.

"News team"? Tricia is the "team" and she's probably investigating this from her couch at home.

 

I guess that is where Macke found the parent for the interview? WOW! Mackie is better than we thought!

Actually this could be considered assault or menacing. Regardless of what the Highlands code book states.

 

I think KRS trumps the code book. These young men could face criminal charges if the family chooses to file a criminal complaint.

 

I'm not an attorney, but I'd bet KRS doesn't have jurisdiction on this since it actually happened in NC.

Does it really matter?

 

Yeah it does

Big difference if they squirt the cleates as opposed to his face

Agreed. Don't they think that attempting to get into a social media war basically telling a news anchor to back off will actually have the news teams dig even deeper?

 

That's generally how it works.

I guess that is where Macke found the parent for the interview? WOW! Mackie is better than we thought!

 

So, you you think Tricia's dogged reporting got the interview instead of the parent seeking her out to keep the story alive?

I've heard the term crime and criminal activity thrown out a few times but as far as I can tell no crime was committed. Does anyone know NC law? As I understand it, other states require both intent to infect and a knowledge that the person providing and throwing the body fluids knows he/she is HIV positive. If there were no crime, and it certainly appears that there was no crime, then the coach telling them to delete videos could be an attempt to save the victim further embarrassment.

 

As to national attention, does anyone think this is really national newsworthy? How much interest would any of us have in a story from South Dakota with the same circumstances? I would give it a glance, think how disgusting the perpetrators were and how inadequate the school's response was, and forget about it 5 minutes later if not sooner. It's a story here because it's local and HHS is one of the marquee schools in KY.

 

Finally, I am both disappointed and embarrassed for the HHS powers that be.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.