Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

I haven't seen or might have passed it up, but what part of the body did they squirt, leg, face, arm?

 

Does it really matter?

Edited by True blue (and gold)
fixed quote tag

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So what Tricia says is gospel right? NOT

 

Did I say that? NO! Dear Lord, I simply stated what Fox 19 stated. Plantmanky posted the whole article. I am sure you asked him if what Tricia said was gospel too

Let's hope this goes national? Well I, for one, would hope that Kentucky can minimize its reputation as the state where people think it's funny to communally pee in a bottle, microwave it, and then dump it on a sleeping person.

 

The only reason I would even consider "wanting" national attention about this is so the administrators realize that allowing the offenders to remain on the team after the victim was humiliated and harassed into tears and even harassed clear off the team is completely wrong.

 

If it keeps it from happening at one other school then it is worthwhile. I could care less if it gives an individual high school a black eye. Perhaps others will keep that in mind the next time something like this happens.

I still don't get how they have classified this. According to the handbook rule presented in this thread, the player would have to be in a protected class. I wonder why the school went that route.

 

Are you really asking that question?

Are you really asking that question?

 

Yes I am. Are you still being condescending about everything? The reason I asked is bc if this is misclassified could that affect the punishment? Is there another rule that this violated? The definition didn't match up. Are you this rude all of the time?

Yes I am. Are you still being condescending about everything? The reason I asked is bc if this is misclassified could that affect the punishment? Is there another rule that this violated? The definition didn't match up. Are you this rude all of the time?

 

Yes I am when people will not listen to the FACTS. I have stated more than once in this thread that it was called "harassment" period end of story. The administration then decided that a 3 day suspension, or was it simply a longer spring break, was warranted for what happened. I stated several times earlier in this thread that I have a lot of facts about what went down and I am not going to share them on here or via messages.

 

I am not sure how the baseball punishment was determined and by whom.

 

Some of the garbage that is being posted on twitter would explain why the world is the way it is today.

Kentucky: The state where you can get arrested for urinating in public, but if you're caught urinating in a bottle with five of your closest teammates, microwaving it, and coercing a younger teammate to dump it on another younger teammate...well...that's pretty much okay. We'll only suspend you for a few days.

Ok, we have the schools response to "Pee-gate", but I'm curious to know how the parents of the victim respond. Are they satisfied with the punishment? Do they take the issue to an attorney?

 

If I were the parent, I don't think I would be happy with what's being reported. IMO, 5 days from school and dismissed from the team for the rest of the season. For me, it's not about retribution. It's to teach these fools that actions have consequences.

Yes I am when people will not listen to the FACTS. I have stated more than once in this thread that it was called "harassment" period end of story. The administration then decided that a 3 day suspension, or was it simply a longer spring break, was warranted for what happened. I stated several times earlier in this thread that I have a lot of facts about what went down and I am not going to share them on here or via messages.

 

I am not sure how the baseball punishment was determined and by whom.

 

Some of the garbage that is being posted on twitter would explain why the world is the way it is today.

 

I read what you wrote. I am not saying that you said anything wrong. I am stating that the handbook classifies harassment as requiring an action against another based on the victim's age, race, sex, or origin. It appears that bullying was the more appropriate rule and I was wondering why they chose to go the other route. That is all. I quoted your comment bc I was trying to see if anyone knew why they went that way. Not to put you on the spot.

Ok, we have the schools response to "Pee-gate", but I'm curious to know how the parents of the victim respond. Are they satisfied with the punishment? Do they take the issue to an attorney?

 

If I were the parent, I don't think I would be happy with what's being reported. IMO, 5 days from school and dismissed from the team for the rest of the season. For me, it's not about retribution. It's to teach these fools that actions have consequences.

 

Also as stated before the parents and the victim are not told what the punishment will be because of privacy laws. The issue is over and done with for all involved. Kid has quit the team, punishment has been handed down and Birds are to play a district seeding game tomorrow against Dayton.

 

Everyone can continue to make their comments about this, that and whatever, but I am telling you that it is over.

I hinted sarcasm in JOAT's first response Mex. I knew whe re he was going with that.

I read what you wrote. I am not saying that you said anything wrong. I am stating that the handbook classifies harassment as requiring an action against another based on the victim's age, race, sex, or origin. It appears that bullying was the more appropriate rule and I was wondering why they chose to go the other route. That is all. I quoted your comment bc I was trying to see if anyone knew why they went that way. Not to put you on the spot.

 

Cannot speak to it exactly, but can guess that it would be said that there was not a pattern of bad behavior directed to this kid, by this group of kids. Isolated incident, but certainly one that was disgusting, vile and simply unexplainable no matter how you try and twist it.

I hinted sarcasm in JOAT's first response Mex. I knew whe re he was going with that.

 

Yes you did and I am trying to be very very careful about it because of what I KNOW.

I hinted sarcasm in JOAT's first response Mex. I knew whe re he was going with that.

 

My b. Sarcasm radar is normally honed in. I apologize to JOAT.

Also as stated before the parents and the victim are not told what the punishment will be because of privacy laws. The issue is over and done with for all involved. Kid has quit the team, punishment has been handed down and Birds are to play a district seeding game tomorrow against Dayton.

 

Everyone can continue to make their comments about this, that and whatever, but I am telling you that it is over.

 

The only way you can say it's over is if you are the parent. The school may have ruled but that does not mean the parent lets it go. They could keep it alive for a little while longer in the media or contact a lawyer and file a civil suit.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.