Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

Yeah it does

Big difference if they squirt the cleates as opposed to his face

 

Didn't know cleats were a body part. Never been to a doctor to have my cleats worked on. I get your drift.

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You do realize a host of STD's, HIV, HepB, C, D, etc. are transmitted by body fluids, in which urine is included. Right?

 

While it may be unlikely, it is a concern.

Stop, just stop. For the record, there has never ever been a case of HIV transmitted to someone through contact with urine. Fire up your Google machine and check all of the internets. Never. So please can we discard that preposterous notion?

It is embarrassing that this thread has 32 pages.

 

Which needs to be pounded home to the boys committing the act. HHS is always on the biggest stage and when you do something stupid you embarrass yourself, your parents, your coach, your team and your community. Don't think the official response made that message clear but this thread sure does.

Agreed. Don't they think that attempting to get into a social media war basically telling a news anchor to back off will actually have the news teams dig even deeper?

 

No.

Or not.

 

Really? A 15-18 year old young adult doesn't know it is wrong to throw urine or feces on another human? If that is the case, then whoever raises those kids should be banned from having children. That is something that kids know when they are 5.

I couldn't disagree any stronger with you. If what the parent told Tricia Macke in the interview is true about the coach instructing some of the players (probably perpetrators) to delete the evidence off of their phones that could constitute criminal behavior and heads should roll.

 

The Fox19 article says the story is developing. If so Tricia, you need to corroborate the deletion of evidence with another witness if possible and nail your original source down. Additionally, you would need to speak with the victim's family and determine if they feel/felt coerced into not making a big deal of this and/or not pushing for a meaningful punishment.

 

I know some of you are going to be upset with me for this post and I don't give a flying you know what. This is bullying plain and simple. And if this thread stops one kid from being bullied in the future then it is a success.

 

I know some others mentioned it, this story is probably dangerously close to going national. I already suggested that Highlands needed to bring in outside investigators. Now with the parent allegation of evidence tampering I think you need to bring in an outside law firm and start the investigation over.

 

At the end of the day Highlands, you don't want to end up being a case study for how not to handle a bullying complaint.

 

Except for the fact that the victim and his parents would like this to be over. Is that not enough of a reason?

Except for the fact that the victim and his parents would like this to be over. Is that not enough of a reason?

 

Yes it is, in fact it is the only reason.

So, you you think Tricia's dogged reporting got the interview instead of the parent seeking her out to keep the story alive?

 

I am going to say it was a little of both.

I guess that you assume that anyone gives credence to anything that is said on here. I know when I was involved in sports, my opinion of what anyone said on here was minimal at best. I would assume that my opinion is not unique.

It is embarrassing that this thread has 32 pages.

 

Why?

Because these kids, kids I remind you, made a mistake. A profound and idiotic mistake. I am sure that they will learn from their mistake. But, to make these kids out as criminals, as some posters have, is ridiculous. The drastic exaggeration by some is what is embarrassing. I understand that the disgusting nature of this issue has influenced some, but I also honestly believe that had this happened at any other school, there would be substantially less interest in this. This, to me,

Why?

 

Because how dare we put Highlands in a negative spot light for so long!

is what makes the length of this thread embarrassing.

As a cards fan, being in the negative spot light is an all to familiar feeling for you, isn't it.

I guess that is where Macke found the parent for the interview? WOW! Mackie is better than we thought!

 

Or very stupid! I do realize that she is just doing her job but she could of very easily passed on this situation based on having Children of her own in the FTIS System. So what's her motive in this? Is she really just doing her job or does she have another agenda? I'm thinking the latter.....Maybe they are moving schools? There have been some pretty strong rumors the last month of them going elsewhere. Wait, I will help load the truck and drive it. Anybody want to ride shotgun?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.