Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

I would say that is too light. It's a tough situation, there's the extreme, expulsion then there is the light which is this. I think people wanted somewhere in between.

 

How much different would the posts be if a random non-athlete urinated in a bottle and poured it on a teacher, coach or any other person in the administration. I am sure the penalty would be much more severe than a three day suspension and Tricia Macke would be welcomed by the school to report the story.

A bad precedent has been set which is if a student chooses to squirt, spray or pour urine on another person at this school or at a outside school event they get a 3 day suspension. My gut tells me if these young men were not athletes this thread would look much different.

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yup, and like I posted before. I am somewhat shocked at some of the kids who favorited the tweets blowing this off like it was nothing. It speaks volumes and even though they didnt make the tweet, the fact that they are marking it a favorite is just as bad IMO.

 

That as much as anything make me wonder if there is at least a look the other way culture there.

Pretty sure WCPO was at Highlands as well on Wednesday asking questions. Has anyone seen their report or was it not newsworthy enough for them?

 

A reporter for 9 was up at school on Weds.

He got there about 2:10/2:20 and went up and down both sides of the street knocking on the windows of the cars of parents waiting to pick up kids. Didn't appear that anyone talked to him as he never stayed at any car (that I could see) for more than 15-20 seconds.

Yup, and like I posted before. I am somewhat shocked at some of the kids who favorited the tweets blowing this off like it was nothing. It speaks volumes and even though they didnt make the tweet, the fact that they are marking it a favorite is just as bad IMO.

 

It's amazing to me that even young kids would be upset at the media for reporting such an event. And even more amazing that some would trash the victim. Most kids that I know are better than that. Most kids I know in this age range are GREAT kids. A minority are simply pukes.

Absolutely true. The more prestigious and recognized a program, the more interest generated. That's life!!

 

And this site is very much NKY-driven.

It's amazing to me that even young kids would be upset at the media for reporting such an event. And even more amazing that some would trash the victim. Most kids that I know are better than that. Most kids I know in this age range are GREAT kids. A minority are simply pukes.

 

But as in all walks of life, they drive the conversations. Unfortunate but true.

And here is why kids go shoot up schools or hurt themselves..

My son says the victim is taking a lot of crap at school. "It's your fault all this is happening", "should have just kept your mouth shut" type stuff. Some of it is worse, but no need to post those things here. So this isn't over for the victim and he can't just move on.

 

I think the school portion of the punishment is fitting.

 

I have a ton of respect for JB and what he's done for the program. I don't know who determined the baseball punishment. I feel like it was a little lenient. If you send a strong message, then more than likely this kind of thing doesn't happen again. The lite penalty allows the players to kind of brush it off.

 

If I were the coach the involved players wouldn't return until the victim returned. "When he comes back, you come back".

I guess its the simple things in life that bring people enjoyment.

Throwing urine on someone is a "simple thing in life?" At one point would this have to have been to be more than a simple thing? If not body fluid such as urine, what if it was feces in a kids food? Or what about semen in a kids drink? Would that be enough?

My son says the victim is taking a lot of crap at school. "It's your fault all this is happening", "should have just kept your mouth shut" type stuff. Some of it is worse, but no need to post those things here. So this isn't over for the victim and he can't just move on.

Sad to hear. So some are bullying the kid even more, and because of their own actions with the urine.

 

I feel bad for the innocent people who are also going to suffer this embarrassment because of the actions of those 5 and the school being gutless.

Here are a couple of lingering questions I still have regarding this nonsense.

 

1. Who all knew about the bottle? reports say it wasn’t the first year for the prank and the bottle had been sitting around for days. Did any of the coaches know about it?

2. Were there any coaches staying in the room where this incident took place? Since parents are not allowed on the trip do the boys just have “free rein” of rooms or is there a coach assigned to each room?

3. Who all urinated in the bottle? Purely hypothetical here but does it change anyone’s opinion if the “victim” also urinated in that same bottle earlier in the week? From what I am hearing I don’t necessarily believe that this particular bottle was meant for the “victim” however it just happen to play out that way that night as part of a series of events.

2. Were there any coaches staying in the room where this incident took place? Since parents are not allowed on the trip do the boys just have “free rein” of rooms or is there a coach assigned to each room?

.

 

I am not familiar with schools requiring an adult be in each room.

  • Author
My son says the victim is taking a lot of crap at school. "It's your fault all this is happening", "should have just kept your mouth shut" type stuff. Some of it is worse, but no need to post those things here. So this isn't over for the victim and he can't just move on.

 

I am really sorry to hear the bullying is continuing. This is bullying everyone, it is NOT harassment.

 

Also, I have seen some additional bullying (name calling) on Twitter and even one of the alleged perps on Twitter saying, "Can't believe I'm suspended three days for this" and "You know you're an attention (edited - lady of the night reference) when you release this to the media. Just let it go." Really dude!? You not only should be off the team this year you should be grounded all summer with an attitude like that. Despicable.

 

I can understand the school not giving out a punishment that would be detrimental to the perpetrators educational future but beyond that I am extremely disappointed Highlands is trying to minimize this by calling it anything other than bullying. Additionally I am disappointed that the team penalty is so light, especially considering the claims made by people close to the baseball coach saying the baseball coach was pushing for harsher penalties and the AD trumped him. Frankly, I don't believe these claims about the coach wanting to be tough on the kids. He may say it, but actions speak louder than words.

Since parents are not allowed on the trip.

Parents are not allowed on these trips? I never heard of that before.

Sounds to me like a policy change is needed.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.