Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

If the coach wants harsher punishment than the AD, I believe the coach should bench the kids. IMO I do not think the guilty parties deserve to wear the uniform, but if the AD and administration of the school says they allowed to, then Coach - make them ride the pine the rest of the year, or until the victim returns.

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My son says the victim is taking a lot of crap at school. "It's your fault all this is happening"' date=' "should have just kept your mouth shut" type stuff. Some of it is worse, but no need to post those things here. So this isn't over for the victim and he can't just move on. I think the school portion of the punishment is fitting. I have a ton of respect for JB and what he's done for the program. I don't know who determined the baseball punishment. I feel like it was a little lenient. If you send a strong message, then more than likely this kind of thing doesn't happen again. The lite penalty allows the players to kind of brush it off. If I were the coach the involved players wouldn't return until the victim returned. "When he comes back, you come back".[/quote']

 

Man this kids life has flipped upside down. I really feel for him. As us adults know HS is just HS but to a 16-18 year old kid it is your life.

My son says the victim is taking a lot of crap at school. "It's your fault all this is happening", "should have just kept your mouth shut" type stuff. Some of it is worse, but no need to post those things here. So this isn't over for the victim and he can't just move on.

 

I think the school portion of the punishment is fitting.

 

I have a ton of respect for JB and what he's done for the program. I don't know who determined the baseball punishment. I feel like it was a little lenient. If you send a strong message, then more than likely this kind of thing doesn't happen again. The lite penalty allows the players to kind of brush it off.

 

If I were the coach the involved players wouldn't return until the victim returned. "When he comes back, you come back".

 

Again this why you have kids shooting up schools or hurting themselves.. What a joke. I strongly considered sending my kids there for high school but this changes my perspective a bit..

My son says the victim is taking a lot of crap at school. "It's your fault all this is happening", "should have just kept your mouth shut" type stuff. Some of it is worse, but no need to post those things here. So this isn't over for the victim and he can't just move on.

 

I think the school portion of the punishment is fitting.

 

I have a ton of respect for JB and what he's done for the program. I don't know who determined the baseball punishment. I feel like it was a little lenient. If you send a strong message, then more than likely this kind of thing doesn't happen again. The lite penalty allows the players to kind of brush it off.

 

If I were the coach the involved players wouldn't return until the victim returned. "When he comes back, you come back".

 

However some are concerned about the ones who did this receiving to big of a punishment. As I mentioned in a longer post this type of thing won't end for this kid. However the players who did this they will be moved on from this and over it after they miss their meaningless games and still having a chance to play in the region with a chance to go to State. What they did has now allowed other young dumb boys to now take advantage of it and also get on this kid. So the one who was bullied is now the one also getting the blame for others. The actions of the ones who did this goes much further. Which is why a bigger consequence has to be in place when kids bad decisions have an impact on another individual.

Again this why you have kids shooting up schools or hurting themselves.. What a joke. I strongly considered sending my kids there for high school but this changes my perspective a bit..

 

Sounds like home schooling for your kids.

I am really sorry to hear the bullying is continuing. This is bullying everyone, it is NOT harassment.

And what is HHS doing about this kid still being bullied? A slap on the wrist again? So, the victim is the one being blamed, sound familiar?

 

I know it's two different situations, but does anyone remember Steubenville?

Sounds like home schooling for your kids.

 

Every high school will have issues that arise. What infuriates me is the reaction and subsequent light punishment. It begs to ask would the same punishment had been given to a non athlete. And from other posts it appears the poor kid is still getting teased at school. So yes I would push for a much more severe punishment.

  • Author
And what is HHS doing about this kid still being bullied? A slap on the wrist again? So, the victim is the one being blamed, sound familiar?

 

Apparently in school and definitely on Twitter.

 

Highlands has to be policing the Twitter accounts of the alleged perps, right? And the additional on Twitter should be grounds for expulsion.

Apparently in school and definitely on Twitter.

 

Highlands has to be policing the Twitter accounts of the alleged perps, right? And the additional on Twitter should be grounds for expulsion.

 

Why would Highlands police the Twitter accounts? To me, that would be more of a parental duty, not the school's responsibility.

Apparently in school and definitely on Twitter.

 

Highlands has to be policing the Twitter accounts of the alleged perps, right? And the additional on Twitter should be grounds for expulsion.

 

At what point could the Commonwealth Attorney come in? Or will they have to be called in?

  • Author
Why would Highlands police the Twitter accounts? To me, that would be more of a parental duty, not the school's responsibility.

 

So Highlands should ignore the additional bullying of the victim?

 

This comment isn't personal NamecipS but it seems to me that this kind of thinking is why bullying is so prevalent and just further evidence (if Highlands stands tough and says nothing else on this matter - rolling eyes here) that Highlands dropped the ball.

  • Author
At what point could the Commonwealth Attorney come in? Or will they have to be called in?

 

At this point you probably have offenses in two different states which makes it very complicated. I doubt the long arm of the law will get involved without the victim's family pressing for it. And according to several people on here the victim's family wants this all to go away but keep in mind everyone that is probably a defense mechanism too. In other words, secretly the victim's family probably wants justice but saying so, even to close friends, will probably making the bullying worse.

 

And another thing, if this does end up in court there definitely needs to be a change of venue.

So Highlands should ignore the additional bullying of the victim? This comment isn't personal NamecipS but it seems to me that this kind of thinking is why bullying is so prevalent and just further evidence (if Highlands stands tough and says nothing else on this matter - rolling eyes here) that Highlands dropped the ball.

 

Highlands should be doing everything in it's power to monitor this situation and they very well may be. Highlands is a strong institution/community. If this kids situation goes south in any capacity, the legal ramifications could be epic.

He quit the team... I'd assume he was playing baseball because he loved the sport. And it's pretty obvious that he doesn't feel comfortable around his former team mates, hence why he quit... I'd say his life has already been altered.

 

If he is so uncomfortable with some of his team mates I don't think he would be sitting with some of them at lunch. I think the kid just wants all of it to go away and move on from it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.