Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

  • Author
Highlands should be doing everything in it's power to monitor this situation and they very well may be. Highlands is a strong institution/community. If this kids situation goes south in any capacity, the legal ramifications could be epic.

 

I agree.

 

Additionally, I think Highlands would be wise to say new evidence has been presented/alleged and they are re-opening the investigation (like I said, outside law firm at this point and make it from Ohio, no one from Campbell county or with any ties to Highlands).

 

In addition to the continued bullying at school (alleged) and what we all can see online, Highlands needs to investigate the tampering with evidence accusations made by the parent. If any coach/administrator/school official had a hand in tampering with evidence or even suggesting tampering with evidence it is strong grounds for dismissal.

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
If he is so uncomfortable with some of his team mates I don't think he would be sitting with some of them at lunch. I think the kid just wants all of it to go away and move on from it.

 

Again, you have to consider it (trying to be friendly with the alleged perps) being a defense/coping mechanism.

 

I suppose we really need an expert on how kids deal with bullies and/or some of our shrink members to inform us on these complicated human conditions.

Sounds like some great teammates. That's not even funny on any level and should lead to charges.

If he is so uncomfortable with some of his team mates I don't think he would be sitting with some of them at lunch. I think the kid just wants all of it to go away and move on from it.

 

Then why did he quit the team?

The former football player who is now at Georgetown says on Twitter that is not the worst thing to happen in the locker rooms. I'm guessing he is talking about Highlands since that is where he went. So exactly what is the worst thing to happen in a Highlands locker room? Sodomy? Just asking. Remember, this came from a recent Highland grad.

  • Author
Then why did he quit the team?

 

I agree there are mixed messages here.

 

Additionally, we all need to understand, Highlands has a terrific baseball team this year and there are several members on BGP that don't want this incident to hurt the team's chances. In other words, when some members comment you have to consider the possibility that they may steer the conversation in a direction that will ensure the baseball team has all their players for the envisioned run.

Then why did he quit the team?

 

Do we know if this is the sole reason?

I agree there are mixed messages here.

 

Additionally, we all need to understand, Highlands has a terrific baseball team this year and there are several members on BGP that don't want this incident to hurt the team's chances. In other words, when some members comment you have to consider the possibility that they may steer the conversation in a direction that will ensure the baseball team has all their players for the envisioned run.

 

Trust me I understand that wholeheartedly.

Do we know if this is the sole reason?

 

Do we care? I can't get past that he's no longer on the team but the knuckle draggers that did this are.

Then why did he quit the team?

 

There could be a bunch of different reasons. I have been told by more than one person that he didn't know if he was going to even play baseball this year. He is a starting varsity football player. Maybe the incident made him reevaluate his decision and now he can go train with the football team. I have no clue exactly why he quit..... Only he and his family do.

My son says the victim is taking a lot of crap at school. "It's your fault all this is happening", "should have just kept your mouth shut" type stuff. Some of it is worse, but no need to post those things here. So this isn't over for the victim and he can't just move on.

 

I think the school portion of the punishment is fitting.

 

I have a ton of respect for JB and what he's done for the program. I don't know who determined the baseball punishment. I feel like it was a little lenient. If you send a strong message, then more than likely this kind of thing doesn't happen again. The lite penalty allows the players to kind of brush it off.

 

If I were the coach the involved players wouldn't return until the victim returned. "When he comes back, you come back".

 

If I were the coach - the perps would not come back the remainder of the season - regardless of what the victim does. I would also highly encourage the victim to return.

Do we care? .

 

It matters.

 

If he had no prior thoughts of quitting it is one thing. If he said he was already considering quitting then the narrative put forth by some is not correct.

There could be a bunch of different reasons. I have been told by more than one person that he didn't know if he was going to even play baseball this year. He is a starting varsity football player. Maybe the incident made him reevaluate his decision and now he can go train with the football team. I have no clue exactly why he quit..... Only he and his family do.

 

That's probably an understatement.

The former football player who is now at Georgetown says on Twitter that is not the worst thing to happen in the locker rooms. I'm guessing he is talking about Highlands since that is where he went. So exactly what is the worst thing to happen in a Highlands locker room? Sodomy? Just asking. Remember, this came from a recent Highland grad.

 

I think it's more that the particular age group doesn't see throwing urine on some one as being a big deal. The mindset of young men is a lot different than mine and probably yours and most of the adults on here and their idea of a big deal is certainly different. My two sons, ages 18 and 22, both think this was wrong and disgusting but both also feel that punching someone out would be worse. Shoot, the younger one thinks breaking his phone would have been worse. Disgusting things just don't seem to bother them. Maybe it's the ease of finding gross videos online. I don't have an answer.

It matters.

 

If he had no prior thoughts of quitting it is one thing. If he said he was already considering quitting then the narrative put forth by some is not correct.

 

So this pushed him over the edge? Even if that's the case it doesn't change my opinion.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.