Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

So the kids should be told to keep the video so it can be passed around and posted and further humiliate the victim of this? And, now the coach is labeled a "criminal"?

 

Maybe, just maybe the coach told the thugs (and yes I consider this thuggish behavior) to delete the video to protect the victim but somehow I'm more inclined to believe the coach told them to delete the video to protect the program and the school.

 

If the thugs are in uniform or play 1 inning before the other young man is back on the team then the punishment is to light.

 

And for the person lamenting how many pages this thread has, on my browser we're now at 34 and counting.

 

I'm not a Highlands person but I've always respected their program for what they've accomplished while maintaining very high standards of excellence in the school. What's coming out about how this has been handled has me rethinking that.

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Or very stupid! I do realize that she is just doing her job but she could of very easily passed on this situation based on having Children of her own in the FTIS System. So what's her motive in this? Is she really just doing her job or does she have another agenda? I'm thinking the latter.....Maybe they are moving schools? There have been some pretty strong rumors the last month of them going elsewhere. Wait, I will help load the truck and drive it. Anybody want to ride shotgun?

 

Frankly, in most newsrooms that would be a fireable offense. If she let that slide, what happens when a similar situation comes up in a school where her children do not attend? Sets a pretty bad precedent as far as fairness goes.

As a cards fan, being in the negative spot light is an all to familiar feeling for you, isn't it.

 

Because that has ANYTHING to do with this thread. We can throw your opinions in the "irrelevant" category from here on out.

Because these kids, kids I remind you, made a mistake. A profound and idiotic mistake. I am sure that they will learn from their mistake. But, to make these kids out as criminals, as some posters have, is ridiculous. The drastic exaggeration by some is what is embarrassing. I understand that the disgusting nature of this issue has influenced some, but I also honestly believe that had this happened at any other school, there would be substantially less interest in this. This, to me,

 

What they dis IS potentially criminal. A kid on a whim vandalizing a building made a mistake but also committed a criminal act. And for what it's worth I have less of an issue with the boorish nature of what the thugs did and what now appears to be a very light punishment to me.

Maybe, just maybe the coach told the thugs (and yes I consider this thuggish behavior) to delete the video to protect the victim but somehow I'm more inclined to believe the coach told them to delete the video to protect the program and the school.

 

If the thugs are in uniform or play 1 inning before the other young man is back on the team then the punishment is to light.

 

And for the person lamenting how many pages this thread has, on my browser we're now at 34 and counting.

 

I'm not a Highlands person but I've always respected their program for what they've accomplished while maintaining very high standards of excellence in the school. What's coming out about how this has been handled has me rethinking that.

 

Now some of these comments are over the top. What part of this are people not understanding here. The kid does not want back on the team and in fact has moved on from the entire situation as has the family. They certainly do not deserve having this continually discussed because some think that the admin is going to succumb to the media. Not going to happen folks.

 

As for Tricia, believe T-birds has brought to light the real reason for her reporting this issue as she has. Also have a pretty good idea of her source and if suspicions are correct it speaks volumes.

 

So lets get a thread started on the trials and tribulations of Tricia Macke with the Fort Thomas Independent Schools.

As a cards fan, being in the negative spot light is an all to familiar feeling for you, isn't it.

 

That response shows you really have no way to defend what's happening. When you can't defend something, divert attention.

I still don't get how they have classified this. According to the handbook rule presented in this thread, the player would have to be in a protected class. I wonder why the school went that route.
That is why I posted those. To me, based on what is known about the incident, it seems to fit bullying more than harassment. But since Bullying seems to have harsher penalties.......
That is why I posted those. To me, based on what is known about the incident, it seems to fit bullying more than harassment. But since Bullying seems to have harsher penalties.......

 

It's both by my definitions but by what the school uses it sounds like it's neither as it lacks key elements in both situations! Crazy.

I have never really tried to defend their actions. That would just be silly. I am more so disappointed in the exaggeration and crucifixion of these kids for making a, although serious, non-life altering mistake.

I'm not talking about the kids now, I'm talking about the adults. As long as the victim doesn't feel comfortable enough to go back on the team everyone involved should also be off the team. When that happens I'm done.

Well I think that's were we differ in opinion.

I have never really tried to defend their actions. That would just be silly. I am more so disappointed in the exaggeration and crucifixion of these kids for making a, although serious, non-life altering mistake.

 

It didn't alter the life of the victim? You sure about that?

In 10, 20, 30 years from now I doubt this incident will even be remembered, let alone alter the victims life. While I can not be sure about that, you can not be sure that it will.

And I was under the impression that my opinions were in your "irrelevant" category. I'm not to sure why you feel the need to respond to such irrelevance.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.