Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
uk#1fan likes this

 

Who does this. uk#1fan, you have some serious, serious issues my friend!

 

I liked it because we now have some facts about what happened. I feel terrible for the victim.

I liked it because we now have some facts about what happened. I feel terrible for the victim.

 

You now have the facts because Tricia said it on the news. Get a clue my friend.

As I stated earlier, not bullying but harassment.

 

IMO when dealing with kids, harassment is same as bullying.

 

You harass your ex spouse or neighbor.

 

What those kids did was bully the kid.

 

So if the kid does something dumb to himself, who is to blame. He is a kid with kid feelings, not adult ones.

Obviously not the way HHS wants to hit the airwaves.

 

Let's hope it doesn't go national.

If I'm a coach and this caused one of my players to quit, no matter his skill level, then everyone that participated it would miss just as many games as he did, period. If my team went 0-20 from that point on then so be it. I'd make sure to tell everyone exactly why we were playing short-handed.

Obviously not the way HHS wants to hit the airwaves.

 

Let's hope it doesn't go national.

 

Let's hope it does.

Let's hope it does.

 

I am by no means a Highlands apologist. But Commonwealth HS football really doesn't need this kind of a black eye. Many already have their stereotypes; and this wouldn't help.

This is not a good situation, but the attitude of "boys will be boys" is what will keep the story going. Administration needs to reassess the punishments (if what is being reported is in deed true).

 

Apparently this type of thing happens a lot at Highlands. A recent former football player took Tricia to task about her breaking the story and told her that this happens all the time. It's gotten 26 and counting favorites on Twitter - mostly from current and former HHS football players.

 

If this is true and this has been going on for a while, things will get even worse in Ft. Thomas.

I am by no means a Highlands apologist. But Commonwealth HS football really doesn't need this kind of a black eye. Many already have their stereotypes; and this wouldn't help.

 

What does Commonwealth HS Football have to do with this? I'm lost.

I am by no means a Highlands apologist. But Commonwealth HS football really doesn't need this kind of a black eye. Many already have their stereotypes; and this wouldn't help.

 

How would it hurt? Would it keep schools from recruiting our handful of recruits each season? Will it prevent kids from playing football given that it was a baseball team involved? How is this going to hurt KY high school football? This is a baseball team.

As I stated earlier, not bullying but harassment.

I still don't get how they have classified this. According to the handbook rule presented in this thread, the player would have to be in a protected class. I wonder why the school went that route.

How would it hurt? Would it keep schools from recruiting our handful of recruits each season? Will it prevent kids from playing football given that it was a baseball team involved? How is this going to hurt KY high school football? This is a baseball team.

 

No doubt, but we all know which sport most if not all associate with HHS.

No doubt, but we all know which sport most if not all associate with HHS.

 

And if you're talking about national attention most news agencies would be amazed that we play football in Kentucky. They certainly wouldn't think about Highlands being a football powerhouse.

Let's hope it does.

 

Let's hope this goes national? Well I, for one, would hope that Kentucky can minimize its reputation as the state where people think it's funny to communally pee in a bottle, microwave it, and then dump it on a sleeping person.

 

The only reason I would even consider "wanting" national attention about this is so the administrators realize that allowing the offenders to remain on the team after the victim was humiliated and harassed into tears and even harassed clear off the team is completely wrong.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.