Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

Will someone post the punishment if it's been determined? Not sure how anyone can read 32 pages of this.

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will someone post the punishment if it's been determined? Not sure how anyone can read 32 pages of this.

 

My guess is that when that happens there will be a new thread.

Will someone post the punishment if it's been determined? Not sure how anyone can read 32 pages of this.

 

I only have 10 pages of this. If you change your settings, it doesn't look as bad!

Will someone post the punishment if it's been determined? Not sure how anyone can read 32 pages of this.

 

Get your popcorn . :popcorn:

Edited by Qryche11

Get your popcorn and enjoy. :popcorn:

 

Actually it's not enjoyable. Well except for one poster that is.

A. Boys will be boys (the female hazing/bullying/degradation equivalent - I shudder to think).

 

2. Typical locker room activity. Happens all the time. If this happens to you, you turn the other cheek and don't say anything about it. PROTECT THIS HOUSE! Problem with that mindset is that it is cowardly and the perpetrators have no incentive to change their behavior.

 

D. In all seriousness - like everyone else, I would like to have all the facts before ultimately passing judgment.

 

I'm really glad I've never been in your locker rooms then.

I'm really glad I've never been in your locker rooms then.

 

I forgot my "facetious smiley". The behavior - if true - and where there's smoke there's probably fire - is repugnant.

I'm glad you clarified that. I was somewhat aghast that you had written it.

Will someone post the punishment if it's been determined? Not sure how anyone can read 32 pages of this.

 

Bengal Maniac seems to have experience from the administration side and based on his/her posts we may never learn the punishment. At least not all of it. As I said when my children were involved in discipline, others never new of their punishment unless they said something and we never new what exactly happened to any other students involved.

 

Of course this being a high profile incident it may be different.

I dont think it will be that hard to figure out if they dont show up for anymore games this season or maybe come back after the next 5.

True, the playing aspect should be clear. I would hate to be an injured player that was not involved though as people could make the wrong determination.

Bengal Maniac seems to have experience from the administration side and based on his/her posts we may never learn the punishment. At least not all of it. As I said when my children were involved in discipline' date=' others never new of their punishment unless they said something and we never new what exactly happened to any other students involved. Of course this being a high profile incident it may be different.[/quote']

 

I understand the privacy part but I'm guessing the punishment is severe enough that it's visible to the crowd.

I understand the privacy part but I'm guessing the punishment is severe enough that it's visible to the crowd.

 

Playing time, yes. School time less so.

Bullying someone on purpose or doing something to get a few laughs is the same thing and is still bullying either way. Who cares if they were doing it for a few laughs, I am sure it wasn't funny to the person they did it to. There is no excuse at all for doing something to someone that would hurt someone. So yeah they probably were doing it because they thought they would be funny. However they also should have thought about how that person they were doing it to would feel. So that is their fault for not thinking that, and should definitely be kicked off of the team and should at a minimum be suspended a few days from school.

 

So while their may be more details to come, the only thing that does seem to be a fact is that did happen. So those things I mentioned should be at least the minimum punishment they receive.

 

I agree with the bolded 100%. And I'll add on to it: Through this experience they will learn to consider others' feelings before they act. I cannot speak for anyone else, but I know for sure that it was through actual experience that I learned to think about others.

I agree with the bolded 100%. And I'll add on to it: Through this experience they will learn to consider others' feelings before they act. I cannot speak for anyone else, but I know for sure that it was through actual experience that I learned to think about others.

 

You would hope wouldn't you. But like others have said, some people, adults and students think this is being blown out of proportion. So if that's the case and the penalty isn't stiff enough, sorry but nothing will change these adults and kids mindsets.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.