Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

Just because I relayed what one person stated doesn't mean it's gospel. I'm sure that was the easiest explanation when confronted and like back to live action stated...why not come out earlier in this thread and nip it in the bud. Clearly there are posters who frequent the Dirty Bird threads who are honoring some sort of gag order. It's probably in their best Interest as well. I'm sure it will come out and the Administration will get the whole story. Unless they all collude and stick to a particular story than the truth will come out. JMO

 

Because, it's their obligation to post the "whole story" on the internet.

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where have I said boys will be boys?

 

I do think when dealing with kids , you need to expect some poor decisions and childish behavior. It's not to say that behavior should go unpunished , they should be punished. But I believe in teaching moments to make the parties involved better people. I don't believe in over blowing situations and throwing away the key.

 

Your over blowing a situation statement would probably be true if what they did only effected them. That is the point you are missing with this, it is not being overblown because their actions did effect another individual. If their actions were spray painting public signs, driving around egging someones car, etc. Then yeah a simple suspension probably would be a good thing for them to teach them a lesson. However their action of physically doing something to another individual is not something that is just being overblown.

 

As you mentioned they are just kids. So do you think a simple suspension for a few meaningless games will actually teach them anything? Yeah it will suck for those few games they missed, but once they are back again playing they won't be thinking about it anymore. In fact it will be a funny story they could still tell about remember that time we sprayed pee all over another player. It wouldn't be something they are thinking about man I really learned my lesson by missing those few meaningless games during a year, but its ok I got to play in the regional tournament still with a chance to go down state. However I guarantee it wouldn't be a funny story they would be telling people anymore if they were kicked off of the team. In fact the only time they probably would tell the story then would be to teach their own kids a lesson on how to think before you act. It would suck for them, however I guarantee it sucks worst for the kid who got peed on. Their actions harmed another individual and that is why just a simple suspension is not the right call in this case and has to be more severe like being kicked off the team.

It wasn't uncommon after basketball games to wait until someone shampooed up in the shower then everybody would whizz on them. Not really the same because, well, you are in the shower, after all.

 

We often waged dorm wars with our buddies on the floor back at school. Couple squirts of hand lotion in somebody's toothpaste was always a winner. Whizzing in someone's shampoo was another.

 

I have been involved with athletics at all levels since 1975. I have never heard of anything like that.

 

That's just disgusting and gross.

I have been involved with athletics at all levels since 1975. I have never heard of anything like that.

 

That's just disgusting and gross.

 

Exact same scenario regarding the rinsing of the hair happened in 1980 in my lockerroom.

Exact same scenario regarding the rinsing of the hair happened in 1980 in my lockerroom.

 

It was just as wrong then as it is now. Like I said before, I never saw it in 12 seasons of being in a locker room in high school and if it had happened to me either the person that did it or I would have been picking teeth up off of the floor. We didn't treat teammates like that and then expect them to have our backs during a game.

I never saw that in 4 seasons of basketball, football or baseball. If that had happened when I played someone would have been picking their teeth up off of the floor.

 

Kind of tough to tell it's going on with shampoo in your eyes and hot water raining over you.

It was just as wrong then as it is now. Like I said before, I never saw it in 12 seasons of being in a locker room in high school and if it had happened to me either the person that did it or I would have been picking teeth up off of the floor. We didn't treat teammates like that and then expect them to have our backs during a game.

 

Without commenting on the Birds incident this had no negative impact on us or our team. Again, not comparing. Just pointing out that JS's story was not isolated to one school.

It was just as wrong then as it is now. Like I said before, I never saw it in 12 seasons of being in a locker room in high school and if it had happened to me either the person that did it or I would have been picking teeth up off of the floor. We didn't treat teammates like that and then expect them to have our backs during a game.

 

Other schools had crappy coaches that let the inmates run the asylum.

Honestly, I don't know. Are the talents of the kids weighing into this equation at all? Do they have college offers that have come or could come?

 

I think the kids need to pay the price of not being able to play again, but may just be the reason why it's weighing heavy on DM, BR, JB.

 

Is it possible their last names are also causing more conflict?

Honestly, I don't know. Are the talents of the kids weighing into this equation at all? Do they have college offers that have come or could come?

 

I think the kids need to pay the price of not being able to play again, but may just be the reason why it's weighing heavy on DM, BR, JB.

 

Is it possible their last names are also causing more conflict?

 

Bahahahaha! Thanks for the laugh to end the day! I will check back in the morning!

I guess I played at some bad places because I definately did not think this was terribly uncommon as some of you think. I saw it happen in the shower many of times in high school and in college. I saw someone pee in a beer and tried to get someone to drink it. I saw someone take a tshirt out of locker and wipe their butt with it and put it back to watch the guy put in on the next day. And for the non sporty types, I know a guy who took his wife's toothbrush, scrubbed the toilet, put it back for her to use and videotaped the whole thing. There are a lot of dumb things that happen in young people's lives. i guess the difference all the victims I saw laughed it off and usually got the guy back the next day.

This thread is about Highlands not Independence! :D

 

And so is 75% of all BGP threads in the football forum...your point...

Rip the administration and Coaches all you want because they are the decision makers and leaders of the kids and the appointed adults. Attacking the kids is off limits imo but then again all I can say is God help all the perfect mommies and daddies out there raising such wonderful perfect children... A big atta boy for all of ya and I pray that you are never disappointed in your life because of something stupid your kid did that embarrassed you, your family and your school...also a great big thanks for all the perfect parental advice to the parents of the kids involved...you people make me sick :thumb:

Hey Chicken Little the sky is falling let's expell all kids out of athletics who make dumb decisions.

 

I'm actually laughing at some posters on here who claimed to have played varsity sports and act like this is the most disgusting thing they've heard of in a lockeroom. Your not fooling anyone , everyone get off the high horse.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.