Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

You are 100% wrong in that statement and you can write that down and circle it.

 

If true, this is a huge problem here and probably the bigger root cause of why bullying will continue. Inexcusable.

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If true, this is a huge problem here and probably the bigger root cause of why bullying will continue. Inexcusable.

 

Nah. The kid has been through enough. Why would the parents want to parade him around on the news as a poster child of bullying?!

Nah. The kid has been through enough. Why would the parents want to parade him around on the news as a poster child of bullying?!

 

Agree with this. Why would you put the poor kid through more. I'm sure he probably doesn't want attention for being "that kid".

Suspend the offenders for a week, kick them off the team, and make them scrub all the urinals at the school each day for the remainder of the year.

Since it appears it is being handled as an internal matter the school can disclose anything they want to disclose. Sure they may have "rules" but they are self made "rules" if anything.

 

Maybe I am wrong about disclosure as a matter of law and I am all ears on being educated?

 

There are laws on confidentiality that a school cannot disclose any personal information on a student including disciplinary records if they are minors, believe me, I wanted to at times but couldn't on discipline. If it goes to court, it obviously can and must be disclosed. If they are 18+ then you possibly could but would generally not due to investigative issues or possible lawsuits.

 

You can say we investigated and followed the policy as far as discipline is concerned, but that is about as far as you could go.

Nah. The kid has been through enough. Why would the parents want to parade him around on the news as a poster child of bullying?!

 

Why because the school has not done anything about it.

Why because the school has not done anything about it.

 

So you want to humiliate the kid more?

So you want to humiliate the kid more?

 

If this happened to my kid I would go to the news and I would go to the best lawyer I could find.

Why because the school has not done anything about it.

 

And you know this all the way from Independence?! You still think it's an insult to call us cake eaters.

So you want to humiliate the kid more?

 

I wouldn't let a teammate, coach or a school sweep something like this under the rug!

If this happened to my kid I would go to the news and I would go to the best lawyer I could find.

 

I wouldn't let a teammate, coach or a school sweep something like this under the rug!

 

So what you're really saying is you don't give a crap about the kid, you just want to stick it to a school you don't like. Gotcha.

If this happened to my kid I would go to the news and I would go to the best lawyer I could find.

 

If the school ends up handling this in a way I feel appropriate, I would do neither. No reason to. From what I have read in this thread - they still have not made a final ruling.

And you know this all the way from Independence?! You are so clueless, you still think it's an insult to call us cake eaters.

 

:clap:

So what you're really saying is you don't give a crap about the kid, you just want to stick it to a school you don't like. Gotcha.

 

I do care about the kid. I hope he sues the crap out of the school! Somebody already said he has went to the coach before.

I do care about the kid. I hope he sues the crap out of the school! Somebody already said he has went to the coach before.

 

You clearly don't if you want to humiliate him further by calling up any news station that'll listen. The kid has been through enough. That's horrible parenting IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.