Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

Anybody who thinks the Police should be involved needs to step away from their keyboard and take a deep breath.

 

In a lot of states it's a crime to throw bodily fluids on another....Why shouldn't they be involved if SC has the law on their books?

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Child please! I believe that drug raid also happened in Park Hills, Independence, Ft Mitchell, Newport, Covington.....add city here. And not even remotely close to the seriousness of this my friend!

 

This is more serious than a drug raid? Come on man.

250 posts in, here I go.

 

Bullying is always bullying. Squirting urine on someone, is not ok. Hazing is not ok. Kids make dumb decisions, regardless of how parents handle it. Final punishment has not been handed down.

 

Most of the posts seem to try to make this the "culture" of HHS, this team, etc...don't believe that for a minute.

 

None of the behavior is acceptable, but I also do not believe it's unheard of behavior...it happens, in particular in male high school sports. I'm not condoning it, I understand it...mostly because they are kids. The outrage tends to come from the parent side of us, or the victim side of us...I get it.

 

The wheels of justice grind slowly, in particular with sensitive situations like this...I believe that HHS administration will get it right, I truly believe that.

 

Name the game and the senior players that played in a JV football game for HHS....

 

Check around before you make your accusations. There was more than one occasion where a senior or seniors played in JV football games. Not a tool are you?

So what do you think the punishment should be? A slap on the wrist, and a shoulder shrug because "boys will be boys"?

 

I don't know the whole story but from what I've read a suspension from the team is where I'm leaning. I'm not ruining a kids career over one poor childish mistake. If he is a consistent problem and given multiple chances then kicked off the team.

 

In no way am I kicking a kid out of school over this. He may spend a good portion or the rest of the year in detention. No way I'm destroying a kids future and expelling him.

 

Hopefully this is a teaching moment and this kid or group of kids learn from it.

Why are you looking for resonable explanation from HS kids. That's what people keep missing. This was "gross" and as someone put it it earlier "childish", but these are kids who do childish and stupid things.

 

I really believe a few people have blown this event so out of proportion it's turned this whole thread into a joke.

 

I'm not Highlands supporter, I've never lived in Ft. Thomas, but I believe in being resonable.

 

Are you a parent? Do you have a child? Your ridiculous argument can be turned around on you my friend. You're right..these are kids/children. How do you think this young man/child/kid felt as urine was doused/poured/squired on him? Do you think the scarring of that will go away soon? Do you think he enjoyed playing baseball? How do you think he feels about being - essentially - urinated on, not being on the team anymore, and having to deal with this NONSENSE that he didn't create for himself?

 

Please, immediately, everyone, stop with the foolish and embarrasing "boys will be boys" logic. This young man is going to be carrying this for a LONG time. My heart breaks for him and his family.

 

Do these boys deserve to be outted? jailed? stoned? have all of us who are fixated by youth sports talk about them like we are? Hell no. Do they deserve to be severely punished and stripped of priveledges immediately. Hell yes.

 

We are all better than this...as men and fathers. We owe it to our boys to teach them this is NEVER ok.

In a lot of states it's a crime to throw bodily fluids on another....Why shouldn't they be involved if SC has the law on their books?

 

Again if you think the law should be involved step away from the keyboard.

So what do you think the punishment should be? A slap on the wrist, and a shoulder shrug because "boys will be boys"?

 

Not speaking for Lipton Bash, but in my opinion the punishment can't be determined unless the decision makers know if this is a pattern of bullying or a one time "dumb kid" moment. If it's the latter, an formal apology, lots of running and a 5 game suspension would be appropriate. I've personally seen worse pranks than this and like others have mentioned, sometimes boys do really dumb things in group settings. It doesn't mean they are criminals who need to have their lives ruined with criminal charges.

If it has been ongoing bullying then harsher punishment needs to be considered up to and including expulsion. I still don't see how this reaches the criminal level as many on here are suggesting.

I also know that Dale Mueller didn't kick people off the football team because often times, the kids that others would deem worthy of removal he viewed as kids that needed football, discipline, structure, accountability, etc. in their lifes even more. I don't know the kids involved here, their home lives or their past behavior but I think the administration, including Dale Mueller, will do what is right for all parties involved.

Are you a parent? Do you have a child? Your ridiculous argument can be turned around on you my friend. You're right..these are kids/children. How do you think this young man/child/kid felt as urine was doused/poured/squired on him? Do you think the scarring of that will go away soon? Do you think he enjoyed playing baseball? How do you think he feels about being - essentially - urinated on, not being on the team anymore, and having to deal with this NONSENSE that he didn't create for himself?

 

Please, immediately, everyone, stop with the foolish and embarrasing "boys will be boys" logic. This young man is going to be carrying this for a LONG time. My heart breaks for him and his family.

 

Do these boys deserve to be outted? jailed? stoned? have all of us who are fixated by youth sports talk about them like we are? Hell no. Do they deserve to be severely punished and stripped of priveledges immediately. Hell yes.

 

We are all better than this...as men and fathers. We owe it to our boys to teach them this is NEVER ok.

 

Where have I said boys will be boys?

 

I do think when dealing with kids , you need to expect some poor decisions and childish behavior. It's not to say that behavior should go unpunished , they should be punished. But I believe in teaching moments to make the parties involved better people. I don't believe in over blowing situations and throwing away the key.

Where have I said boys will be boys?

 

I do think when dealing with kids , you need to expect some poor decisions and childish behavior. It's not to say that behavior should go unpunished , they should be punished. But I believe in teaching moments to make the parties involved better people. I don't believe in over blowing situations and throwing away the key.

 

Do you have children?

Not speaking for Lipton Bash, but in my opinion the punishment can't be determined unless the decision makers no if this is a pattern of bullying or a one time "dumb kid" moment. If it's the latter, an formal apology, lots of running and a 5 game suspension would be appropriate. I've personally seen worse pranks than this and like others have mentioned, sometimes boys do really dumb things in group settings. It doesn't mean they are criminals who need to have their lives ruined with criminal charges.

If it has been ongoing bullying then harsher punishment needs to be considered up to and including expulsion. I still don't see how this reaches the criminal level as many on here are suggesting.

I also know that Dale Mueller didn't kick people off the football team because often times, the kids that others would deem worthy of removal he viewed as kids that needed football, discipline, structure, accountability, etc. in their lifes even more. I don't know the kids involved here, their home lives or their past behavior but I think the administration, including Dale Mueller, will do what is right for all parties involved.

 

Agreed. Like I said if the parties involved have shown a pattern of this behavior and been warned and punished in the past then more severe punishment is needed.

 

But if this was an isolated poor decison at the attempt of some childish humor, then in no way does it justify some of the extreme punishments some are calling for, let's take a deep breath people.

Do you have children?

 

No I don't but I'm an adult who has coached children in basketball for many years before I moved.

 

The fact that I don't have children I think is why I have the more reasonable approach and not the emotional approach some posters are showing.

 

My decision is coming from dealing with kids who make bad decisions in team settings and making punishments in the past.

 

I've always believed in giving kids more than one chance and using poor decision making as learning expereinces.

 

If I didn't have adults like that in my life as a child who knows where I would be, if some of you were the adults in my life I know my childhood wouldn't of been as enjoyable or as successful as an adult. I know I wasn't perfect and I had my fair share of poor decisions.

Another point I will toss out here for discussion. What if the victim and family feel that the punishment given out does not fit the crime and in a few short weeks the kid retaliates and not by throwing urine on someone?

 

There have been many instances in the crazy world we live in where bullied/picked on kids do some things to themselves or others because of what has happened to them. I sure hope this does not happen and I do not think that it will because he knows who is true "family" is and they are there to support him and fight with him through stupidity and ignorance.

Agreed. Like I said if the parties involved have shown a pattern of this behavior and been warned and punished in the past then more severe punishment is needed.

 

But if this was an isolated poor decison at the attempt of some childish humor, then in no way does it justify some of the extreme punishments some are calling for, let's take a deep breath people.

 

What should the punishment be in your eyes? IMO the suspension from school should have been given to all involved. If decision of school admin was 3 days then all do the time. The issue with only having them suspended for X number of games is the fact that they were on a field trip representing Fort Thomas Highlands High School. I too have heard 5 games and IMO that is not near enough for what occurred. Sometimes kids need to learn that it is not about winning at all costs. If not removed from the team, then a 2 week suspension from the team is reasonable in my book and there are very strict guidelines put into place and if not followed to a "T" it is see you later.

Only thing I will say about this issue is to think about this two ways. What would you have done if it would have happened to you. Then think about what you would have done had it happened to your child. I will say that school suspension for a week or two would be a start, secondly they would be removed from the team. Not the whole group but at least the one who did the spraying/squirting. This would be after a formal apology from all parties involved. If I was the parent of this victim I would expect nothing less. If the parents of the accused thought I was be unreasonable, then well, I would handle it as my father did...your son messes with my son then I will come knocking on your door and you can answer for your sons actions. Kids now a days cannot stand up for themselves or they get in trouble as well. So the parents have to step up to the plate for them.

This is more serious than a drug raid? Come on man.

 

Bullying/hazing vs a drug raid that involved pot, yes! Those are my priorities my friend!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.