Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

A few things.

 

A few media outlets know about this incident, so any hope that things get "swept under the rug" have gone out the window.

 

And for those saying that police are going to get involved, they don't realize that the baseball team and FTPD are sort of tied into together.

 

Uh, oh. If the media gets involved it will not end well.

 

My only concern is I hope the parents of the offenders don't blow this off as a boys will be boys and go after the school if harsh punishments are handed down. That IMO would be the worst message you could send to your child.

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Uh, oh. If the media gets involved it will not end well.

 

My only concern is I hope the parents of the offenders don't blow this off as a boys will be boys and go after the school if harsh punishments are handed down. That IMO would be the worst message you could send to your child.

 

I agree with this, but with all the parents who live thru little Johnny and his athletic prowess nowadays, I would not be surprised to see parents fight it. We see and hear of situations on daily basis in the news about the over the top parents involved in their kids athletics

 

Disclaimer I have no idea who any of the parties involved are in this situation, and have no idea if anyone involved is actually named Johnny.

Uh, oh. If the media gets involved it will not end well.

 

My only concern is I hope the parents of the offenders don't blow this off as a boys will be boys and go after the school if harsh punishments are handed down. That IMO would be the worst message you could send to your child.

 

Has any of the news stations done a story on this yet?

This goes beyond just getting urine sprayed on you. What about the ridicule the victim will recieve? I'm sure other kids will come up with some duet nick name, like Mr. Peabody. What about the victim being blamed for the other kids getting in trouble? I'm sure the perps have friends and will now call gfd victim a snitch. This event will go on for a very long time for the victim.

 

Another excellent post on the subject. Hopefully the players, students and parents pay very close attention to this post and learn to keep their mouth shut in public because you never know who is listening.

Im already picturing the Colonel Crazies having a little fun with this one

This goes beyond just getting urine sprayed on you. What about the ridicule the victim will recieve? I'm sure other kids will come up with some duet nick name, like Mr. Peabody. What about the victim being blamed for the other kids getting in trouble? I'm sure the perps have friends and will now call gfd victim a snitch. This event will go on for a very long time for the victim.

 

Agree! And this is the biggest problem of all this imo. If this wasn't meant to be a "bullying" issue, it will become one now as the victim has to endure all this in school and social media. This is where the School Admin. can send a message that bullying/hazing will not be tolerated.

Im already picturing the Colon Crazies having a little fun with this one

 

Won't happen! No way Rowe and crew let that happen! No way!

Just like the DARE shirt night after HHS had a giant drug raid in 01' I believe....

Just like the DARE shirt night after HHS had a giant drug raid in 01' I believe....

 

Child please! I believe that drug raid also happened in Park Hills, Independence, Ft Mitchell, Newport, Covington.....add city here. And not even remotely close to the seriousness of this my friend!

Edited by tdyballgame
Because I can

Jack of all Trades and PurplePride I agree with your posts 100%

It was across the street from HHS in a place many students were witnessed by police entering on a daily basis. Also several football players just happened to be out on recruiting trips that day. Say what you will but facts are facts.

Im already picturing the Colonel Crazies having a little fun with this one

 

Aslong as they don't drink the blue Kool-aid.

Just like the DARE shirt night after HHS had a giant drug raid in 01' I believe....

 

Speaks volumes!

250 posts in, here I go.

 

Bullying is always bullying. Squirting urine on someone, is not ok. Hazing is not ok. Kids make dumb decisions, regardless of how parents handle it. Final punishment has not been handed down.

 

Most of the posts seem to try to make this the "culture" of HHS, this team, etc...don't believe that for a minute.

 

None of the behavior is acceptable, but I also do not believe it's unheard of behavior...it happens, in particular in male high school sports. I'm not condoning it, I understand it...mostly because they are kids. The outrage tends to come from the parent side of us, or the victim side of us...I get it.

 

The wheels of justice grind slowly, in particular with sensitive situations like this...I believe that HHS administration will get it right, I truly believe that.

 

Name the game and the senior players that played in a JV football game for HHS....

A few things.

 

A few media outlets know about this incident, so any hope that things get "swept under the rug" have gone out the window.

 

And for those saying that police are going to get involved, they don't realize that the baseball team and FTPD are sort of tied into together.

 

The police will not be involved for several reasons, the least of which is jurisdiction considering the action took place in another state. If it were something that needed police involvement and he had jurisdiction you can be sure Mike Daly would be all over it, assuming a complaint was filed.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.