Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

Sounds like this wasn't a random accidental booger flip.

 

If my kid comes home and tells me he was a party to a teammate/s peeing in a bottle and spraying-pouring urine over another teammate. I wouldn't have to wait for a decision to be rendered by a coach, AD, Principal, whomever.

 

My sons baseball season would end asap. No summer ball, no prom, no car. Imposed martial law with very few freedoms until he can earn back dignity, respect, and prove he understands the importance of team, sport, and just simple respect for a peer. At least for a month, maybe two based on his remorse or lack of!

 

Written apology to the victim, victims parents, teammates. Face-to-face if victim allows apology. And my kid would be doing a lot of self reflection and reading on how to be a better teammate, and learn of the impact of bullying as well. And as a parent I'm taking a good look at my moral compass and asking how my kids value system got "jacked up."

 

And we would accept whatever school suspension would be passed down. Sucks just thinking about it...

 

Hence the penalty when folks "justify" slinging urine on others. And yes I was that guy who used to defend and pull the "weaker kids" out of the trash cans and lockers in HS. Sad state of affairs anyway you cut it.

 

Excellent post my friend. I agree 1000% with everything that you have said here. Someone finally gets it!

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a son on the team that wasn't involved in the incident. He has read this thread and told me last night that he thinks this is getting way overblown. All I know is what has been told to me by my son. Personally I think a couple kids should get suspended and kicked off of the team from what I know.

 

I was told they were going to originally squirt another kid but he wasn't around at the time. So they decided to squirt it on the victim instead. This to me doesn't really sound like bullying. It sounds like a few kids doing something really stupid and childish. The kid that squirted it said he did it just because he wanted to fit in on the team. I do personally believe that there will be some more punishment handed down. What that will be I have no idea.

 

He wanted to fit in on the team so he squirted urine on another kid? Is this something the Highlands players do regularly? :puke:

He wanted to fit in on the team so he squirted urine on another kid? Is this something the Highlands players do regularly? :puke:

 

Trying to fit in is something a lot of kids do regularly; Highlands does not hold the patent on that.

Sounds like this wasn't a random accidental booger flip.

 

If my kid comes home and tells me he was a party to a teammate/s peeing in a bottle and spraying-pouring urine over another teammate. I wouldn't have to wait for a decision to be rendered by a coach, AD, Principal, whomever.

 

My sons baseball season would end asap. No summer ball, no prom, no car. Imposed martial law with very few freedoms until he can earn back dignity, respect, and prove he understands the importance of team, sport, and just simple respect for a peer. At least for a month, maybe two based on his remorse or lack of!

 

Written apology to the victim, victims parents, teammates. Face-to-face if victim allows apology. And my kid would be doing a lot of self reflection and reading on how to be a better teammate, and learn of the impact of bullying as well. And as a parent I'm taking a good look at my moral compass and asking how my kids value system got "jacked up."

 

And we would accept whatever school suspension would be passed down. Sucks just thinking about it...

 

Hence the penalty when folks "justify" slinging urine on others. And yes I was that guy who used to defend and pull the "weaker kids" out of the trash cans and lockers in HS. Sad state of affairs anyway you cut it.

 

I'm with you in all of this. People are saying what they would do if it was their kid who had the urine put on them but everyone is putting the discipline on the school, coach and AD for the ones who did the deed.

Okay' date=' listen I do admire your loyalty to your close source that you have but if you think that he is going to jeopardize everything that he has built and tell you everything 100% how it went down, then you're living in a fantasy world. He is not going to tell you nor do I think he should tell you all the details. Heck, I truly don't think he has all the facts himself. Who knows besides the parties involved that Cruel night. I obviously don't know your source as well as you do but I do have my own sources that are pretty close to him as well. If he isn't telling them everything then he is not telling you the entire story. No matter what kind of man crush you have him, I just think you are getting a Sugarcoated storyline to protect his kids and his program. It happens and there is no shame in that. He is a little smarter than we all think. Or at least I hope he is![/quote']

 

You have no clue what I know as I haven't posted anything.

Trying to fit in is something a lot of kids do regularly; Highlands does not hold the patent on that.

 

I understand that. I'm trying to understand how squirting urine on another kid is going to allow you to fit in, and if so, what the hell are they doing on a regular basis that makes that "just being one of the guys"?

if you don't think Jeremy isn't distraught over this you're sadly mistaken. of course he's trying to protect this program as any coach in the situation should but as you've already admitted you don't know him that well. I do and I'm a thousand percent confident that he's done everything he should have or could have done in this situation.

THIS!!!!!!!

Wow this is a very sad turn of events in reading this thread. Hope my friend Jeremy and his Assistant coaches who I am very good friends with are able to cope with this situation and make the best of it and finish out the season. I'm confident they will!

 

What I am worried about is the rest of the team that still remain at this point. I fear that people are viewing the rest of the team as a bunch of thugs and not great kids that have worked their butts off to get to this point of their careers. No one has come out and said that but it could be very well the perception.

 

Kids make mistakes but that doesn't mean they don't pay the price for their actions. Maybe the silver lining here is the kids involved and whatever punishment that is handed down they will be able to use that for when they raise their own kids. Or maybe not! It's up to them... The very last thing I say to my Freshman daughter when dropping her off daily is "Treat people the way you would want to be treated"

 

Hang in there "Coaches" and for the rest of the "Dirty Birds".....Stay positive!

I understand that. I'm trying to understand how squirting urine on another kid is going to allow you to fit in, and if so, what the hell are they doing on a regular basis that makes that "just being one of the guys"?

When it comes to urine being placed on another human I wouldn't expect a reasonable explanation. Especially from teenagers.

A few things.

 

A few media outlets know about this incident, so any hope that things get "swept under the rug" have gone out the window.

 

And for those saying that police are going to get involved, they don't realize that the baseball team and FTPD are sort of tied into together.

if you don't think Jeremy isn't distraught over this you're sadly mistaken. of course he's trying to protect this program as any coach in the situation should but as you've already admitted you don't know him that well. I do and I'm a thousand percent confident that he's done everything he should have or could have done in this situation.

 

I for one think that Jeremy did all that he could possibly do as it relates to the handling of the situation. When you take your team on a trip you cannot babysit your team 24/7. From what I know of the Ripken Experience, the kids freetime is pretty limited and he does need time to rest, sleep, plan and so forth.

 

The issue as I see it going forward is how he handles the situation with the team and the offenders specifically. School punishment is handled by the administration, no questions asked. Jeremy however can impose his own penalties on top of what the school ultimately decides, including removal from the team or whatever else he decides. That is why I think Jeremy is being talked about in this conversation.

 

I would fully expect the offenders to accept their punishment whatever it might be, like the young adults that they are. The problem is that I hear all sorts of grumblings about how the victim should have just taken a shower and not say anything. That my friends is a REAL problem in my book.

 

As I understand things, the victims parents will be talking to the administration in the very near future, so I guess whatever they have to add will assist in determining the final outcome of this entire UGLY situation.

 

The real sad thing about all of this is that the kid quit the team, so not only was he a victim of the incident, but now because of it he has removed himself from the team to avoid any future issues. SAD, SAD, SAD

Trying to fit in is something a lot of kids do regularly; Highlands does not hold the patent on that.

 

I agree with what you are saying, I would just hope I would have raised my sons well enough that that would recognize that doing something so gross and wrong as was done here, that they would not want to, or need to do that to fit in.

Wow this is a very sad turn of events in reading this thread. Hope my friend Jeremy and his Assistant coaches who I am very good friends with are able to cope with this situation and make the best of it and finish out the season. I'm confident they will!

 

What I am worried about is the rest of the team that still remain at this point. I fear that people are viewing the rest of the team as a bunch of thugs and not great kids that have worked their butts off to get to this point of their careers. No one has come out and said that but it could be very well the perception.

 

Kids make mistakes but that doesn't mean they don't pay the price for their actions. Maybe the silver lining here is the kids involved and whatever punishment that is handed down they will be able to use that for when they raise their own kids. Or maybe not! It's up to them... The very last thing I say to my Freshman daughter when dropping her off daily is "Treat people the way you would want to be treated"

 

Hang in there "Coaches" and for the rest of the "Dirty Birds".....Stay positive!

 

I wholeheartedly agree TBirds. The coaches and the rest of the kids have worked their butts off and the entire program should not be admonished over this incident. The individuals involved should be punished and if that means they are taught a tough lesson by being dismissed then so be it. It is not something any parent wants to deal with but it has to be dealt with and appropriately.

 

This will send a message to the entire school and community if not handled well, I hope the administration does the right thing once they gather all the critical evidence.

You have no clue what I know as I haven't posted anything.

 

Any other time you have all the info so it must be pretty bad?

This goes beyond just getting urine sprayed on you. What about the ridicule the victim will recieve? I'm sure other kids will come up with some duet nick name, like Mr. Peabody. What about the victim being blamed for the other kids getting in trouble? I'm sure the perps have friends and will now call gfd victim a snitch. This event will go on for a very long time for the victim.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.