Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

I know what happened, do you? Is this harrassment or is it bullying or is it something else? You figure out what the administration is calling it. I have not said one thing about a coach being fired. Has Highlands had an AD before their recent hire? Never said kids were getting special treatment either. I did say that the victim has quit the team now? You okay with that? Kid quits a sport he obviously likes to play because of the stupidity of supposed teammates?

 

Kids should not be expelled from school, suspended yes. They should never wear a Highlands uniform again, period.

 

Wow, somebody has had their feathers ruffled.

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you fools really believing that something did not happen? The kid had urine placed on his body not of his own doing. This is unacceptable no matter when, where, what time of day it happened. It is foul, gross, childish and most of all degrading to the person it happened to. The kid has since quit the team, so please tell me things are justified.

 

Some of you Highlands people make me sick with your comments and like of posts condoning what happened as a boys will be boys thing. You cannot tell me that multiple kids urinated in a bottle with there being no intention to do something stupid and foul.

 

To you PP92, if your kid was the urinated upon, you would be okay with that whether it was squirted, poured, dumped or whatever other way it was done? If so, I feel sorry for you and your kid and hope that you are never in that situation.

 

Child, please. Did you see my post where I said I feel sorry for the victim and the coach? Nah, I guess you didn't. Let me clarify for you that my main beef is with the coach being crucified, the AD being crucified and the administration being crucified when we don't have the whole story. What exactly happened? Do you know every single little detail? If so then share every detail and make it official for us all so we will all know the truth. If you only have the same speculation that everyone else has then, yeah, I hope all these half truths never happen to my kid either.

 

Either spill it all or consider yourself a fool too. There are tons of people on here who know I am not considered a Highlands fan. However, I am a fan of common sense and waiting for the whole story before casting judgment.

All I know for sure is that this isn't going to be swept under the rug..even if HHS wanted to and I don't think the powers that be are wanting to "cover things up". I think they're taking the time to get all the facts and there will be consequences....

If the media starts to run with this story, expect the process to move more swiftly and punishments to be more severe...

Awesome that you used "child please". I know I inserted my own words as I re read that. Have a whole new meaning. Lol! Love it. Good ole Chad Johnson.

A sad black eye for a great program

All I know for sure is that this isn't going to be swept under the rug..even if HHS wanted to and I don't think the powers that be are wanting to "cover things up". I think they're taking the time to get all the facts and there will be consequences....

If the media starts to run with this story, expect the process to move more swiftly and punishments to be more severe...

 

The heat is on and as any school should do they need to have a solid investigation instead of just making punishments for the sake of making punishments to appease people. Be thorough and firm in their invesitgation and decisions is all anyone should ask of them.

I know what happened, do you? Is this harrassment or is it bullying or is it something else? You figure out what the administration is calling it. I have not said one thing about a coach being fired. Has Highlands had an AD before their recent hire? Never said kids were getting special treatment either. I did say that the victim has quit the team now? You okay with that? Kid quits a sport he obviously likes to play because of the stupidity of supposed teammates?

 

Kids should not be expelled from school, suspended yes. They should never wear a Highlands uniform again, period.

 

I never said you called for any punishments yet...others have though. I just want to wait to hear what the school does and says about the incident before making a lot of snap judgments. Tell us exactly what happened since you "know what happened".

Having dealt with many many discipline situations in a 25 year career in school administration, there is always more than the public and even the many who think they are in the know really know. If they were suspended for three days to investigate the incident, I find that odd. In severe cases I suspended for 10 days and then back off, if warranted.

 

I would find this very hard to believe as an expellable offense unless there is an accumulation of many disciplinary infractions. There is a lot to consider and the investigation will take a while, especially if this took place on a field trip, as you would look at it.

 

How would you handle a kid in the French Club at an out of town convention, debate team members at an out of state or overnight competition? The policy in the Code of Conduct will rule and it has to be followed or the district is going to be liable. A school board attorney once told me that even if it is a bad policy, you better follow it or you can open up the check book.

 

I can almost assure you that the district will do that. Whether you, me, or governor thinks the penalty is lax won't matter, following the policy will.

 

There is another issue that can come into play and that is a police investigation if there is one. The school penalties can differ from the court of law. They are and can be separate. I usually wanted the police report before I made a decision and the police wanted to talk to the persons involved before I did. It is multi-faceted and almost always needs the ten days.

 

I will let the process play out before I would ever criticize the district. What if some of these students are identified special needs students, then it can go even different ways.

 

I can tell you the first person I would hold accountable would be the coach/sponsor. His/her perspective and actions would weigh heavily on my decision. The coach may be innocent, but it would take a lot for me to overlook the question - Where were you when this happened and where were you and the kids supposed to be? The coach is the adult in charge and should be accountable for what takes place. Is it possible that there was nothing the coach could have done? Yes, but it better be very convincing.

 

I have no idea in this case, but there is a lot to be investigated and done.

What I will not do is post falsehoods, half truths , and exaggerations mixed in with some truth and THEN tell 3 or 4 respected adults from Highlands to prove their innocence .

 

Okay, listen I do admire your loyalty to your close source that you have but if you think that he is going to jeopardize everything that he has built and tell you everything 100% how it went down, then you're living in a fantasy world.

 

He is not going to tell you nor do I think he should tell you all the details. Heck, I truly don't think he has all the facts himself. Who knows besides the parties involved that Cruel night. I obviously don't know your source as well as you do but I do have my own sources that are pretty close to him as well. If he isn't telling them everything then he is not telling you the entire story.

 

No matter what kind of man crush you have him, I just think you are getting a Sugarcoated storyline to protect his kids and his program. It happens and there is no shame in that. He is a little smarter than we all think. Or at least I hope he is!

Way to admonish someone who has already stated they will not post the story they heard. Not sure what you've accomplished there but I sure hope you feel better.

Sounds like this wasn't a random accidental booger flip.

 

If my kid comes home and tells me he was a party to a teammate/s peeing in a bottle and spraying-pouring urine over another teammate. I wouldn't have to wait for a decision to be rendered by a coach, AD, Principal, whomever.

 

My sons baseball season would end asap. No summer ball, no prom, no car. Imposed martial law with very few freedoms until he can earn back dignity, respect, and prove he understands the importance of team, sport, and just simple respect for a peer. At least for a month, maybe two based on his remorse or lack of!

 

Written apology to the victim, victims parents, teammates. Face-to-face if victim allows apology. And my kid would be doing a lot of self reflection and reading on how to be a better teammate, and learn of the impact of bullying as well. And as a parent I'm taking a good look at my moral compass and asking how my kids value system got "jacked up."

 

And we would accept whatever school suspension would be passed down. Sucks just thinking about it...

 

Hence the penalty when folks "justify" slinging urine on others. And yes I was that guy who used to defend and pull the "weaker kids" out of the trash cans and lockers in HS. Sad state of affairs anyway you cut it.

Hey I grew up in Ft Thomas and have heard all types of stories of stuff that have happened throughout the years. Mostly pranks and childish play but what from what I am gathering through what I'm hearing and what I am reading on this site that this was a problem between the victim and a couple of the kids on the team as a ongoing thing. That's a huge problem and can't be ignored. This is not 1985 anymore. We live in a money hungry driven society and quite honestly if stuff like this continues to go on, people are in for a very eye opening experience with legal accusations. I truly do feel sorry for the Victim here and it does sound like it was kids just being kids but again this is not the Old School world we still live in.

 

Anybody that has a High School student and in particular at Highlands, that Student handbook that they receive at the beginning of the year should be visited not only by the Students, but by the Parents as well. And it should be taken very seriously. We all as parents are on the hook here when we drop off our Children at school and should be continuously reminding them to do the right thing. No matter how uncool it is.

 

Unfortunately for this small group of players I do feel that their playing days are over at Highlands High School as it should be. I have heard students suspended from school for much lesser. This should get very interesting to see how this unfolds in the next couple of weeks.

I have a son on the team that wasn't involved in the incident. He has read this thread and told me last night that he thinks this is getting way overblown. All I know is what has been told to me by my son. Personally I think a couple kids should get suspended and kicked off of the team from what I know.

 

I was told they were going to originally squirt another kid but he wasn't around at the time. So they decided to squirt it on the victim instead. This to me doesn't really sound like bullying. It sounds like a few kids doing something really stupid and childish. The kid that squirted it said he did it just because he wanted to fit in on the team. I do personally believe that there will be some more punishment handed down. What that will be I have no idea.

Okay, listen I do admire your loyalty to your close source that you have but if you think that he is going to jeopardize everything that he has built and tell you everything 100% how it went down, then you're living in a fantasy world.

 

He is not going to tell you nor do I think he should tell you all the details. Heck, I truly don't think he has all the facts himself. Who knows besides the parties involved that Cruel night. I obviously don't know your source as well as you do but I do have my own sources that are pretty close to him as well. If he isn't telling them everything then he is not telling you the entire story.

 

No matter what kind of man crush you have him, I just think you are getting a Sugarcoated storyline to protect his kids and his program. It happens and there is no shame in that. He is a little smarter than we all think. Or at least I hope he is!

 

if you don't think Jeremy isn't distraught over this you're sadly mistaken. of course he's trying to protect this program as any coach in the situation should but as you've already admitted you don't know him that well. I do and I'm a thousand percent confident that he's done everything he should have or could have done in this situation.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.