Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

I do not believe Kentucky has an assault statute for bodily fluids, some states do have this. I think the big issue would be did the kid have some type of disease or infection. If so, could the urine be considered a weapon. I am sure the police will require the kid get tested. For assault, there needs to be a bodily injury also.

 

It wouldn't matter whether Kentucky has an assault statute for bodily fluids if the incident occurred in South Carolina.

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WOW REALLY!!! I don't care how old they are or if they were provaked or not if the fact is that they skirt urine on another player that's all anyone needs to know, what other facts do you need? What you said is wrong, what if that was your son it happened to?

 

Believe me, I am much closer to the kid's age than having a son of my own. Like I said, it depends on the context.

 

If I were constantly teased day in and and day out but the same guys, and I was having a rough day and dreading baseball that day, and I had urine poured on me, I'd be pretty ticked.

 

If a bunch of my buddies were pulling pranks on each other like 17 and 18 year olds do on team vacations, I would maybe be a little upset but I'd get over it pretty quickly.

 

FWIW, when I was a freshman in high school an incident similar to the one of this entire thread happened to me. I maybe called the guy an expletive, gave him a little punch on the arm and moved on with my day.

 

Again, what I have described does not seem to be the case with this incident, therefore I have no realistic say in how this specific incident should be handled. The top two incidents are hypothetical, and the third I provided is a personal example.

Believe what you want, I don't care.

 

"I never had to kick a player of the football team."

 

I believe it for sure. This is the same guy who played seniors in JV football games. He has not done AD work for 20 years, why start now. Certainly he did not kick players off the football team, he just had them run a bit and still let them be captains. I am with Q, finish packing your boxes and hit the road.

That is correct. I have no idea where this happened

How does this get turned on Dale unless someone has an agenda? Start with Jeremy then see where accountability leads. No matter anything else if the boys remain on the team that's a huge black eye for him. And I like the guy.

Man is the Internet mafia out in full affect again. Should kids be punished , of course. Some one you want to ruin kids lives for one minor poor decision. I just don't understand that mind set.

I am also told the punishments handed down have been very light (the strongest being a 3 day suspension) and there are a lot of unhappy parents about the lack of real punishment given the offense.

 

So the Highlands Code of Conduct and policy on bullying is a joke then?

 

(Never mind) I just got to your post about the 3 days could be a start of something more.

Edited by SportsGuy41017

If it's my kid that gets dumped on, it ain't a minor poor decision.

If it's my kid that gets dumped on, it ain't a minor poor decision.

 

I'd say if it was your high school son you need to quit babying.

 

Again maybe they do need to be kicked off the team. I'm just not comfortable based on info provided so far. Some of you continue to rush to judgement to quickly on every issue .

Having urine squirted on you is a big deal. There is no equivocation possible. It's not boys being boys. It's at best gross and humiliating, at worst a potential health hazard.

I would say that if true, whoever was a part of it should be at least kicked off the team. Call up JV players or figure something out if they do not have enough players, so that the innocent players do not get punished. But if true these players should not get to play again, possibly any other sport at HHS, depending on all f the facts concerning all of the possible bullying.

 

Depending on all if the facts, including past issues, then possibly expulsion is in order.

 

If the coaches knew of this, and were approached in the past about possible issues concerning a kid getting bullied, then them still having a job will depend on what they knew, and what was done about it.

 

Did any of the players involved play other sports?

 

At the end of the day, I think that the victims and his family has a lot on their side, if they don't like what HHS does to the kids then they can always go after them in court, possibly the school as well?

 

What if the victims parents file some sort of restraining order? Then those involved would basically have to find a new school since they would not be allowed to be near the victim?

What in the sam heck is this world coming too? Who in their right mind would first think about urinating in a bottle with others and secondly deciding to throw it on someone.

 

Apparently idiot 18 and under boys. Not making excuses for the guys who did this AT ALL and they all should face whatever consequences come their way. However, I did completely idiot stuff in my youth that got me in a lot of problems. My parents were VERY strict yet I strayed from their "teachings".

And to think, only 2 days removed from Easter and another crucifixion.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.