Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

I think some people are forgetting we are dealing with 18 year olds. That does not justify what happened, or make it okay, but lets remember that this was likely a "Hey dude, how funny would it be if we poured this on -----" incident.

 

And many of us do not know the full context. I'd bet the players did not intend to actually hurt the victim, they were likely just looking for a few laughs. And perhaps they were provoked and overreacted? It makes no sense for someone on the complete outside (like me) to get all upset and concerned without knowing the full story.

 

Also, FWIW St. Olaf College (D3 school in Minnesota) just recently cancelled their baseball team's season because of hazing. I hope for the innocent players on the team this does not happen.

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bring in somebody from SK or CCH and their ruling will be to suspend 5 football starters from each side of the line for 2015. :D

 

Thought it was time to lighten things up for a minute. You may now continue regularly scheduled programming.

 

See what you started, lol.

I think some people are forgetting we are dealing with 18 year olds. That does not justify what happened, or make it okay, but lets remember that this was likely a "Hey dude, how funny would it be if we poured this on -----" incident.

 

And many of us do not know the full context. I'd bet the players did not intend to actually hurt the victim, they were likely just looking for a few laughs. And perhaps they were provoked and overreacted? It makes no sense for someone on the complete outside (like me) to get all upset and concerned without knowing the full story.

 

Also, FWIW St. Olaf College (D3 school in Minnesota) just recently cancelled their baseball team's season because of hazing. I hope for the innocent players on the team this does not happen.

 

That sums up my thoughts, too. I'd also like to add that I'm glad social media wasn't around during my glory days.

I never said a single word about your good friend Jeremy. All I said was: "I am also hearing the victim had previously approached the head coach about some incidents. Very very scary if true."

 

So, the reality, regardless of school alignments, fanboy connections, friendships, family alignments, if that young man reported ANY issues with this sort of behavior previous to this incident and nothing was done by head coach, assistant coaches, administration...they best get a spot next to the cannon for a guillotine.

 

This is just...very, very sad :no:

I have no tolerance for this period.

 

I see bullying all the way down to the 2nd grade and it makes me sick that kids treat other kids this way.

Oh great. Here comes some brilliant insight.

 

That's one word for it.

I know most of the offenders are probably juveniles but throwing bodily fluids on someone could be considered assault, couldn't it?

 

If the players were given a drug test and if anything came back could determine the severity of possible charges I believe.

Contact with bodily fluids of multiple individuals can have profound, even deadly, health implications. I am not an attorney, but IMO this should be considered assault with a deadly weapon and prosecuted appropriately.

 

Exhibit B.

That sums up my thoughts, too. I'd also like to add that I'm glad social media wasn't around during my glory days.

 

Right there with you brother.

  • Author
Is it true?

 

A source extremely close to the victim says yes and apparently a source extremely close to a guy that could lose his job over this says no.

If the players were given a drug test and if anything came back could determine the severity of possible charges I believe.

 

Woah, woah, woah....who said anything about drugs?!

I think some people are forgetting we are dealing with 18 year olds. That does not justify what happened, or make it okay, but lets remember that this was likely a "Hey dude, how funny would it be if we poured this on -----" incident.

 

And many of us do not know the full context. I'd bet the players did not intend to actually hurt the victim, they were likely just looking for a few laughs. And perhaps they were provoked and overreacted? It makes no sense for someone on the complete outside (like me) to get all upset and concerned without knowing the full story.

 

Also, FWIW St. Olaf College (D3 school in Minnesota) just recently cancelled their baseball team's season because of hazing. I hope for the innocent players on the team this does not happen.

 

I asked the question earlier if any of them were 18. By the sound of things the victim is under 18 (please correct me if I am wrong.) If that is the case and some of those involved are over 18, does that not present a huge legal issue for them?

I have no tolerance for this period.

 

I see bullying all the way down to the 2nd grade and it makes me sick that kids treat other kids this way.

 

I totally agree. It makes me wonder how the parents raise some of these kids. The parents need to teach their kids right from wrong.

See what you started, lol.

 

Mea culpa. :D

Sounds like one heck a law suit coming?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.