Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

And to think, only 2 days removed from Easter and another crucifixion.

 

Well, Good Friday and all that.

 

But I get you. I hope all the facts come out.:thumb:

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would say that if true, whoever was a part of it should be at least kicked off the team. Call up JV players or figure something out if they do not have enough players, so that the innocent players do not get punished. But if true these players should not get to play again, possibly any other sport at HHS, depending on all f the facts concerning all of the possible bullying.

 

Depending on all if the facts, including past issues, then possibly expulsion is in order.

 

If the coaches knew of this, and were approached in the past about possible issues concerning a kid getting bullied, then them still having a job will depend on what they knew, and what was done about it.

 

Did any of the players involved play other sports?

 

At the end of the day, I think that the victims and his family has a lot on their side, if they don't like what HHS does to the kids then they can always go after them in court, possibly the school as well?

 

What if the victims parents file some sort of restraining order? Then those involved would basically have to find a new school since they would not be allowed to be near the victim?

 

 

Geez. Maybe we should just hang them and get it over with.

Having urine squirted on you is a big deal. There is no equivocation possible. It's not boys being boys. It's at best gross and humiliating, at worst a potential health hazard.

 

You were there? You saw it happen?

 

Again maybe they do need to be kicked off the team. I'm just not comfortable based on info provided so far. Some of you continue to rush to judgement to quickly on every issue .

 

Exactly. We haven't heard both sides of the story but Jeremy, Dale and the administration are being raked over the coals. Unfairly IMO.

Geez. Maybe we should just hang them and get it over with.

 

First, I said "if true".

Does HHS have or not have a code of conduct and an anti bullying policy? They need to follow it!!

 

So sports are more important? If what is stated is true they need to be kicked off the team. Calling up the JV players is a lot better than canceling the season. Unless being in contention for a regional baseball title is more important.

 

What if the coach knew about the bullying and did not do anything? Again, I said "if he/they knew and did nothing".

 

Not sure a about the public, but if you throw urine on a jailer it's a third degree assult, a class D felony.

 

And I am sure any parent who's kid was bullied would file charges if the school doesn't do what the parents expected.

 

Again, I said "if" all this is true and depending if there was a history of bullying, then even more should be done. Any parent who is in the sport of the victims parents would do the same.

 

"IF" this all is true, when this all comes out with police involved, news reports, HHS will have no choice but to take a much harsher stand.

Has to be a record for most times the word "if" is used in a thread.

There isn't enough money in the world for me to coach high school sports. I don't see how people do it. That's an extreme amount of love for the game and kids to have to go through what coaches have to go through. I feel another coach getting ready to be crucified for things out of his control. And that's a damn shame. It truly is.

 

They obviously do it for the big money PP92...

They obviously do it for the big money PP92...

 

:lol2: No doubt.

You were there? You saw it happen?

 

So you're willing to excuse it?

Everything I've said has been based on supposition. Since we've gotten so worried about propriety in this thread IF urine was thrown there is no excuse for it.

So you're willing to excuse it?

Everything I've said has been based on supposition. Since we've gotten so worried about propriety in this thread IF urine was thrown there is no excuse for it.

 

Not if it is true. In this thread the urine has been squirted, poured, dumped on and thrown. Which is it? How am I supposed to decide how the kids should be punished if no one can tell me exactly what happened?

I'm with you PP92. There is another thread in this forum ,"A Rape on Campus", that should make us all pause a little bit before jumping in and crucifying people before the facts are known.

Are you fools really believing that something did not happen? The kid had urine placed on his body not of his own doing. This is unacceptable no matter when, where, what time of day it happened. It is foul, gross, childish and most of all degrading to the person it happened to. The kid has since quit the team, so please tell me things are justified.

 

Some of you Highlands people make me sick with your comments and like of posts condoning what happened as a boys will be boys thing. You cannot tell me that multiple kids urinated in a bottle with there being no intention to do something stupid and foul.

 

To you PP92, if your kid was the urinated upon, you would be okay with that whether it was squirted, poured, dumped or whatever other way it was done? If so, I feel sorry for you and your kid and hope that you are never in that situation.

First, I am not a fool NJAK. Second, while I am a staunch HHS fan and a former HHS baseball player, I have often been ripped on here by a few other HHS fans for not being enough of a HHS fan. I try to be very objective when it comes to HHS. I do think something happened and hope that whoever did whatever is punished accordingly. I am not going to go along with the herd and say that the coach is a bum or the AD is a bum because of this...or that players are getting special treatment because they are starters, etc. As far as I know, the final punishments have not even been announced. People are on here spouting that people should be forced out and kids should expelled, etc. without knowing exactly what happened. If that makes you sick, you will just have to deal with it I guess...

First, I am not a fool NJAK. Second, while I am a staunch HHS fan and a former HHS baseball player, I have often been ripped on here by a few other HHS fans for not being enough of a HHS fan. I try to be very objective when it comes to HHS. I do think something happened and hope that whoever did whatever is punished accordingly. I am not going to go along with the herd and say that the coach is a bum or the AD is a bum because of this...or that players are getting special treatment because they are starters, etc. As far as I know, the final punishments have not even been announced. People are on here spouting that people should be forced out and kids should expelled, etc. without knowing exactly what happened. If that makes you sick, you will just have to deal with it I guess...

 

I know what happened, do you? Is this harrassment or is it bullying or is it something else? You figure out what the administration is calling it. I have not said one thing about a coach being fired. Has Highlands had an AD before their recent hire? Never said kids were getting special treatment either. I did say that the victim has quit the team now? You okay with that? Kid quits a sport he obviously likes to play because of the stupidity of supposed teammates?

 

Kids should not be expelled from school, suspended yes. They should never wear a Highlands uniform again, period.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.