Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

I know they are, just have more swept under the rug than everywhere else.

 

Can't agree with that at all. It's not a Highlands problem, it's a high school sports problem. IMO, sports at the high school level haven't become the most important thing, they've become the only thing that matters anymore.

 

Kids that play sports in HS can get away with A LOT more than a normal student can, especially if they're an important component of the team. That's not a Highlands issue IMO, it's an issue at darn near all schools any more.

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My 17yr old son said that. I am sure he just wants this to go away. He is 17.

 

Right, he is just a kid and is very close to the situation. You agreed someone could/should be getting kicked off the team. If it's serious enough for that to happen I don't think it's getting overblown.

 

 

 

I'd love for someone to give us the real story. We have a number of people saying they know but won't say.

I don't have an ax to grind here. Not a Highlands fan, but I'm not a Highlands hater either. My perspective:

 

Coach of the baseball team sounds like he's getting crucified when he has handled it as best as he can given the circumstances.

 

To me, the AD in question is more of an issue than the coach.

 

It is disappointing to see the "kids will be kids, boys will be boys" rationale being used here. Bodily fluids, even as a prank, is disgusting, degrading, and yes it's considered assault in many places. It is impossible to blame parents here because many people are raised in great homes with great values and just make very bad decisions, but that doesn't excuse it. This is an opportunity to teach a major life lesson. People minimizing this or making excuses for this need a self evaluation in a bad way.

 

Bullying is a huge problem right now. It's not the same as back in the day when there was no social media or cell phones so bullying took place at school but then the child had a safe haven at home. Now bullies can reach out no matter where the victim is. Bullying isn't harmless, it's not okay, and it's not a rite of passage.

 

I know nothing about this incident but what I'm reading here. Based on that, I'd say expulsion (unless the perpetrators have a documented history of poor behavior/bullying) is extreme. We should all have the chance to learn from our mistakes. At a minimum, they should not be allowed to play extracurriculars and they should experience suspension (3 days not being enough) and some community service of some type around the topic of bullying and harassment.

Needless to say....I guess the future Birds can kiss the Cal Ripken Experience bye bye or any other Spring Break Trip. That blows....

Actually, I like Highlands. Do I they think they get treated different because its Highlands? Yes. Do I know things that have happened that have NEVER made public because it was Highlands? Yes. On this situation, I only know hearsay. So i really don't "know it all" however, I know quite a bit. Have a good day! :up:

 

The more you post the more obvious it becomes how little you know and that you have an agenda despite your protests. Pretty sad but you have a nice day too.

 

 

To me, the AD in question is more of an issue than the coach.

 

 

Why? What has he done/not done that is an issue more so than what the coach and administration have done/not done? Can he kick the boys off the team over the coach's protests, if there are any? Should he at this point in the investigation? Can he suspend students from school? Should he suspend the coach? Am interested in hearing your reasoning.

I don't have an ax to grind here. Not a Highlands fan, but I'm not a Highlands hater either. My perspective:

 

Coach of the baseball team sounds like he's getting crucified when he has handled it as best as he can given the circumstances.

 

To me, the AD in question is more of an issue than the coach.

 

It is disappointing to see the "kids will be kids, boys will be boys" rationale being used here. Bodily fluids, even as a prank, is disgusting, degrading, and yes it's considered assault in many places. It is impossible to blame parents here because many people are raised in great homes with great values and just make very bad decisions, but that doesn't excuse it. This is an opportunity to teach a major life lesson. People minimizing this or making excuses for this need a self evaluation in a bad way.

 

Bullying is a huge problem right now. It's not the same as back in the day when there was no social media or cell phones so bullying took place at school but then the child had a safe haven at home. Now bullies can reach out no matter where the victim is. Bullying isn't harmless, it's not okay, and it's not a rite of passage.

I know nothing about this incident but what I'm reading here. Based on that, I'd say expulsion (unless the perpetrators have a documented history of poor behavior/bullying) is extreme. We should all have the chance to learn from our mistakes. At a minimum, they should not be allowed to play extracurriculars and they should experience suspension (3 days not being enough) and some community service of some type around the topic of bullying and harassment.

 

I like your style HOF...:thumb:

A few things.

 

A few media outlets know about this incident, so any hope that things get "swept under the rug" have gone out the window.

 

And for those saying that police are going to get involved, they don't realize that the baseball team and FTPD are sort of tied into together.

 

 

What can the FTPD do about an incident that happened in South Carolina?

The more you post the more obvious it becomes how little you know and that you have an agenda despite your protests. Pretty sad but you have a nice day too.

 

Haha whatever you say.

Will Highlands still be number one in the coaches poll because of this?

Will Highlands still be number one in the coaches poll because of this?

 

Seriously???? THAT'S what you're concerned about?

Seriously???? THAT'S what you're concerned about?

 

Don't give him the time of day. He wanted you to bite at that.

I understand that. I'm trying to understand how squirting urine on another kid is going to allow you to fit in, and if so, what the hell are they doing on a regular basis that makes that "just being one of the guys"?

 

Why are you looking for resonable explanation from HS kids. That's what people keep missing. This was "gross" and as someone put it it earlier "childish", but these are kids who do childish and stupid things.

 

I really believe a few people have blown this event so out of proportion it's turned this whole thread into a joke.

 

I'm not Highlands supporter, I've never lived in Ft. Thomas, but I believe in being resonable.

Why are you looking for resonable explanation from HS kids. That's what people keep missing. This was "gross" and as someone put it it earlier "childish", but these are kids who do childish and stupid things.

 

I really believe a few people have blown this event so out of proportion it's turned this whole thread into a joke.

 

I'm not Highlands supporter, I've never lived in Ft. Thomas, but I believe in being resonable.

 

So what do you think the punishment should be? A slap on the wrist, and a shoulder shrug because "boys will be boys"?

A few things.

 

A few media outlets know about this incident, so any hope that things get "swept under the rug" have gone out the window.

 

And for those saying that police are going to get involved, they don't realize that the baseball team and FTPD are sort of tied into together.

 

Anybody who thinks the Police should be involved needs to step away from their keyboard and take a deep breath.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.