Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

I would say if the parents sue that is a much bigger epidemic in this country than kids making dumb decisions.

 

Not sure I would sue just yet, but you can rest assured that I would be consulting with an attorney prior to my meeting with the administration.

 

Another question to raise regarding suspensions from playing baseball, how are all of these rain-outs handled? Do you let them attend and participate in practices prior to their meeting the 5 game suspension?

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When it rains it pours! Where is RCC9 I want to here what he thinks about this?

 

I saw what you did there.

After reading several of the posts from many of you its pretty clear how you feel about this situation.

 

To each his own but I am a little surprised I must say.

After reading several of the posts from many of you its pretty clear how you feel about this situation.

 

To each his own but I am a little surprised I must say.

 

I'm with ya on this...I'm a little surprised at the outrage, and I have to believe that a fair number on here have 1) played hs sport and 2) been hazed to some extent.

 

It's gross, fair enough, not condoning it, but I can guarantee much worse has happened with a lot less punishment in lockers rooms around the US.

 

This should be a monumental learning opportunity for these kids, not a death sentance...and this is coming from a person who had a kid severly bullied in HS that retaliated...and consequently paid the price for the retaliation.

My two cents, if in fact urine was thrown, tossed, poured, squirted, or intentially dribbled on a player (anything other than accidental):

 

Asking for leniency for a first time offense is ridiculous. Sometimes first time offenses require strict penalties based on the severity of the action. This was not pop or Gatorade. It was urine.

 

Dismissing this as boys-will-be-boys is rediculous. I don't know any boys that have thrown urine on other boys. I've witnessed a lot of pranks in my days. None have involved urine.

 

Those directly involved should not be allowed to play baseball this season. High school sports are a privilege not a right. There is a code of conduct in most schools for most sports that must be adhered to. There are penalties, to include dismissal from the team, if student athletes do not represent their school and their sport in a respectable, responsible manner. Tossing urine on another person is neither responsible, respectable, nor a positive reflection on the school or he sport.

 

This probably won't be popular, but there are many posts that indicate the victim will be scarred for life. I don't know the victim personally, and he may be. But I think most kids this age would not be scarred for life. No doubt this was demoralizing, degrading, and humilitaing. No doubt the victim will be negatively impacted. But doubtful it will leave a long lasting mental scar. But again I don't know. I think the perps have a better chance of having long term scars. They are the ones that have acted in such a fashion that they will be looked down upon for a very long time by students, faculty, and parents. AND RIGHTfULLY SO.

 

To whoever said the perpatrators should not be kicked off the team because they have "already been punished enough". No they have not!!!

 

This was pre-meditated act. Kids don't accidentally urinate in a bottle and then think "now what am I going to do with this urine? Hey I know, let's throw it on someone". The kids that did this are not nice kids. Go ahead and say that I don't know them so how would I know. You are correct, I don't know a single one of them, nor their parents. Again if this is Gatorade or pop...it's a prank. If it's urine, it vile and disgusting. Lapse in judgment? That's a grossly irresponsible understatement.

 

Not sure how the coach could be held responsible, unless he encouraged it to happen, saw it happen, knew it happened, and laughed it off as a prank. No respectable coach or adult would do that. My guess is that this did not happen here either.

 

Summarizing: urine bad, kids bad, severe punishment required.

 

I wanted to use the phrase "Urine Idiot" somewhere. But couldn't fine the right spot. Sorry.

Channel 9 is up at Highlands right now.

 

Interesting....the school doesnt have to disclose anything about this matter do they?

Big question is what else might this incident uncover, even things not directly associated with this incident.

 

Why don't you list them for us. Let the conspiracy theorist begin. Listen, there are at least 10 people on here that knows what happened whether a direct player relationship, first hand info from a coach, and even Guru. I'm going to go out on a limb and say nothing else to be seen here my friend. But hey, you can keep dreamin!

 

Just sayin!

  • Author
My two cents, if in fact urine was thrown, tossed, poured, squirted, or intentially dribbled on a player (anything other than accidental):

 

Asking for leniency for a first time offense is ridiculous. Sometimes first time offenses require strict penalties based on the severity of the action. This was not pop or Gatorade. It was urine.

 

Dismissing this as boys-will-be-boys is rediculous. I don't know any boys that have thrown urine on other boys. I've witnessed a lot of pranks in my days. None have involved urine.

 

Those directly involved should not be allowed to play baseball this season. High school sports are a privilege not a right. There is a code of conduct in most schools for most sports that must be adhered to. There are penalties, to include dismissal from the team, if student athletes do not represent their school and their sport in a respectable, responsible manner. Tossing urine on another person is neither responsible, respectable, nor a positive reflection on the school or he sport.

 

This probably won't be popular, but there are many posts that indicate the victim will be scarred for life. I don't know the victim personally, and he may be. But I think most kids this age would not be scarred for life. No doubt this was demoralizing, degrading, and humilitaing. No doubt the victim will be negatively impacted. But doubtful it will leave a long lasting mental scar. But again I don't know. I think the perps have a better chance of having long term scars. They are the ones that have acted in such a fashion that they will be looked down upon for a very long time by students, faculty, and parents. AND RIGHTfULLY SO.

 

To whoever said the perpatrators should not be kicked off the team because they have "already been punished enough". No they have not!!!

 

This was pre-meditated act. Kids don't accidentally urinate in a bottle and then think "now what am I going to do with this urine? Hey I know, let's throw it on someone". The kids that did this are not nice kids. Go ahead and say that I don't know them so how would I know. You are correct, I don't know a single one of them, nor their parents. Again if this is Gatorade or pop...it's a prank. If it's urine, it vile and disgusting. Lapse in judgment? That's a grossly irresponsible understatement.

 

Not sure how the coach could be held responsible, unless he encouraged it to happen, saw it happen, knew it happened, and laughed it off as a prank. No respectable coach or adult would do that. My guess is that this did not happen here either.

 

Summarizing: urine bad, kids bad, severe punishment required.

 

I wanted to use the phrase "Urine Idiot" somewhere. But couldn't fine the right spot. Sorry.

 

I am sure the Crazies will take care of that for you.

Interesting....the school doesnt have to disclose anything about this matter do they?

 

Nobody ever has to talk to the media; I know I never will if they ever stick a microphone in my face.

Channel 9 is up at Highlands right now.

 

How did we all know this was coming. I'm guessing they didn't get their info from BGP.

A 3 day suspension is about as weak as it gets IMO.

Don't forget about this:

I also just got some info from the other side, according to what I was told the Highlands Administration is taking this matter very seriously and the 3 day suspensions are what the school system does until they can gather all the information from all the parties involved to make a final decision with a fitting punishment.

 

I am told this process is outlined in the HHS Student Handbook.

  • Author
How did we all know this was coming. I'm guessing they didn't get their info from BGP.

 

I wonder what side 9 is on?

I wonder what side 9 is on?

 

Don't know but our girl is on Fox19.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.