Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

Just like the DARE shirt night after HHS had a giant drug raid in 01' I believe....

 

It was across the street from HHS in a place many students were witnessed by police entering on a daily basis. Also several football players just happened to be out on recruiting trips that day. Say what you will but facts are facts.

 

Lol! So which was it. I remember that very well. I also remember that a few of the kids involved didn't even attend Highlands. So please stop your non sense. Nothing to do with this thread. And I'm sure you really don't intend to dig up old stuff because a person can find that at every school. Even yours!

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait.... Things like this happen at Highlands??? No way!!! I always thought all that glittered was gold.

Wait.... Things like this happen at Highlands??? No way!!! I always thought all that glittered was gold.

 

Nope, our kids are just like everywhere else.

 

Feel better?

Wait.... Things like this happen at Highlands??? No way!!! I always thought all that glittered was gold.

 

Hope you enjoy the ride my friend!

Lol! So which was it. I remember that very well. I also remember that a few of the kids involved didan't even attend Highlands. So please stop your non sense. Nothing to do with this thread. And I'm sure you really don't intend to dig up old stuff because a person can find that at every school. Even yours!

 

Absolutely things happen at many schools at my HS 3 of my teammates were kicked off the football team week of opening game for breaking team rules all starters. Suspended from school as well and had to do an awful lot just to be allowed to attend class.

Nope, our kids are just like everywhere else.

 

Feel better?

 

I know they are, just have more swept under the rug than everywhere else.

I have a son on the team that wasn't involved in the incident. He has read this thread and told me last night that he thinks this is getting way overblown. All I know is what has been told to me by my son. Personally I think a couple kids should get suspended and kicked off of the team from what I know.

 

I was told they were going to originally squirt another kid but he wasn't around at the time. So they decided to squirt it on the victim instead. This to me doesn't really sound like bullying. It sounds like a few kids doing something really stupid and childish. The kid that squirted it said he did it just because he wanted to fit in on the team. I do personally believe that there will be some more punishment handed down. What that will be I have no idea.

 

No offense but if it's enough to get kids kicked off the team I think it's a pretty big deal.

No offense but if it's enough to get kids kicked off the team I think it's a pretty big deal.

 

Who said it wasn't a big deal?

Who said it wasn't a big deal?

 

You said it was getting way overblown. Poor choice of words, I apologize.

I know they are, just have more swept under the rug than everywhere else.

 

You have not been paying attention or you have a reading comprehension problem.

I did not read through the entire thread. I do not have a comprehension problem either. I will go back through and read all the comments when I have the time. But chances are, my mind won't change a bit.

Any other time you have all the info so it must be pretty bad?

 

And suppose he knows the whole story he should tell you because why? If I knew the whole story I wouldn't say a word. The damage has already been done.

I did not read through the entire thread. I do not have a comprehension problem either. I will go back through and read all the comments when I have the time. But chances are, my mind won't change a bit.

 

 

I'm sure it won't. It is apparent you are not a Highlands fan and that's ok. Don't let your name go to your head though; you do not know it all.

I'm sure it won't. It is apparent you are not a Highlands fan and that's ok. Don't let your name go to your head though; you do not know it all.

 

Actually, I like Highlands. Do I they think they get treated different because its Highlands? Yes. Do I know things that have happened that have NEVER made public because it was Highlands? Yes. On this situation, I only know hearsay. So i really don't "know it all" however, I know quite a bit. Have a good day! :up:

You said it was getting way overblown. Poor choice of words, I apologize.

 

My 17yr old son said that. I am sure he just wants this to go away. He is 17.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.