Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

Am I really delusional. Check around before you make your accusations. There was more than one occasion where a senior or seniors played in JV football games. Not a tool are you?

 

I don't have to ask around, I actually know, rather than just spouting off about something, why don't you provide the games and the senior players that played ?

 

By making these statements, without backing them up, you would appear to be either a) delusional or b) a tool....either way, no seniors are playing in JV games.

 

If you feel that is an accusation, then prove me wrong, otherwise, I'll stand by my statements. Sorry your feelings got hurt for getting called out.

 

I'll go out a limb here and say that I know of NO high school that has seniors play in JV games...but I would like to know if that has happened, anywhere....just prove one time.

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Im already picturing the Colonel Crazies having a little fun with this one

 

Won't happen! No way Rowe and crew let that happen! No way!

 

I agree KJ and I don't think Rowe can stop it tdyb.

 

Think about it, "Ur in trouble!" "Ur in trouble!" "Urine Trouble!"

 

Any bad event in a game is cause for a you are in trouble chant.

 

And I am sure the Crazies are much more creative than all of us old timers.

 

"Urine Trouble!"

Do the Crazies attend baseball games? If so that's pretty neat.

What should the punishment be in your eyes? IMO the suspension from school should have been given to all involved. If decision of school admin was 3 days then all do the time. The issue with only having them suspended for X number of games is the fact that they were on a field trip representing Fort Thomas Highlands High School. I too have heard 5 games and IMO that is not near enough for what occurred. Sometimes kids need to learn that it is not about winning at all costs. If not removed from the team, then a 2 week suspension from the team is reasonable in my book and there are very strict guidelines put into place and if not followed to a "T" it is see you later.

 

I'm not saying I would be against what you just said. My point is we don't have all the information either.

 

For example I don't know any of the kids involved or their history. But let's say the kids were model teammates, students, or kids in general prior to this event. I think any resonable punishment should take their past positive behavior into account as well.

 

If I have a player on my team who has been a joy to work with busts his tail and has never caused me a single problem. Well I'm not going to turn my back on him because of one poor decision. I'm going to punish him and make sure he learns his lesson. I always felt my job as a coach was not only on the court but to teach life lessons they could take with them outside the court.

This is more serious than a drug raid? Come on man.

 

Its odd that you mention drugs, after what someone said to me last night.

^What better way to teach them that their actions have consequences than to take baseball away from them their senior year? I'd say that would be a really good life lesson learned.

Its odd that you mention drugs, after what someone said to me last night.

 

Don't you think there's enough going on here that we don't need to bring drug use speculation into the picture? Highlands does not hold the patent on that either.

I agree KJ and I don't think Rowe can stop it tdyb.

 

Think about it, "Ur in trouble!" "Ur in trouble!" "Urine Trouble!"

 

Any bad event in a game is cause for a you are in trouble chant.

 

And I am sure the Crazies are much more creative than all of us old timers.

 

"Urine Trouble!"

 

I got my money on Bob...just sayin'

^What better way to teach them that their actions have consequences than to take baseball away from them their senior year? I'd say that would be a really good life lesson learned.

 

Serious question did you play basketball, baseball or football in high school? Have you ever coached kids for extended period of time in any of the above sports.

 

If you answer yes to any of them, then this behavior shouldn't be shocking. I just don't understand the mindset of extreme punishment for offenders if this was their first offense. I'd rather keep them on the team where hopefully I can help them not make anymore poor decisions.

 

I think a suspension works best because it keeps the teammates around them and if the suspensions causes losses they see first hand how their poor decision making hurts those around them. But I'm not disowning a kid over this , if he hasn't been trouble in the past . In no way should that be the case.

Don't you think there's enough going on here that we don't need to bring drug use speculation into the picture? Highlands does not hold the patent on that either.

 

When it rains it pours! Where is RCC9 I want to here what he thinks about this?

Serious question did you play basketball, baseball or football in high school? Have you ever coached kids for extended period of time in any of the above sports.

 

If you answer yes to any of them, then this behavior shouldn't be shocking. I just don't understand the mindset of extreme punishment for offenders if this was their first offense. I'd rather keep them on the team where hopefully I can help them not make anymore poor decisions.

 

I think a suspension works best because it keeps the teammates around them and if the suspensions causes losses they see first hand how their poor decision making hurts those around them. But I'm not disowning a kid over this , if he hasn't been trouble in the past . In no way should that be the case.

 

I have never seen kids use urine as a joke.

Don't you think there's enough going on here that we don't need to bring drug use speculation into the picture? Highlands does not hold the patent on that either.

 

Big question is what else might this incident uncover, even things not directly associated with this incident.

Serious question did you play basketball, baseball or football in high school? Have you ever coached kids for extended period of time in any of the above sports.

 

If you answer yes to any of them, then this behavior shouldn't be shocking. I just don't understand the mindset of extreme punishment for offenders if this was their first offense. I'd rather keep them on the team where hopefully I can help them not make anymore poor decisions.

 

I think a suspension works best because it keeps the teammates around them and if the suspensions causes losses they see first hand how their poor decision making hurts those around them. But I'm not disowning a kid over this , if he hasn't been trouble in the past . In no way should that be the case.

 

These kids showed the type of teammates they are very clearly. So they get to stay apart of the team, but the victim is the one that loses out on being part of a team? That doesn't fly with me. I played baseball multiple years and basketball one year in high school. Nothing remotely close to this occurred.

Serious question did you play basketball, baseball or football in high school? Have you ever coached kids for extended period of time in any of the above sports.

 

If you answer yes to any of them, then this behavior shouldn't be shocking. I just don't understand the mindset of extreme punishment for offenders if this was their first offense. I'd rather keep them on the team where hopefully I can help them not make anymore poor decisions.

 

I think a suspension works best because it keeps the teammates around them and if the suspensions causes losses they see first hand how their poor decision making hurts those around them. But I'm not disowning a kid over this , if he hasn't been trouble in the past . In no way should that be the case.

 

This is not giving someone a hotfoot in the dugout, a shaving cream pie in the face or taping them to a dugout pole. This is throwing human waste on them. Human waste. That goes beyond taking previous good behavior into account. I'm fine with not expelling them from school but they should absolutely be done playing baseball this season. They also deserve to lose any other extra-curricular activities such as prom. As for the law getting involved, that should be up to the victim and also depend on how the law in South Carolina views this. If it is considered a crime there and the victim wants to press charges then I'm all for it. This type of bullying/hazing behavior is unacceptable. I bet the band director at Florida A&M wishes that he'd have gotten a handle on this kind of behavior before that kid lost his life a few years back.

In a lot of states it's a crime to throw bodily fluids on another....Why shouldn't they be involved if SC has the law on their books?

 

The only law I could find in SC regarding throwing bodily fluids on another individual involves prisoners or inmates who would do it toward correctional facility employees. That certainly does not apply here.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.