Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

What are you hearing about it being a continuing course of conduct?

 

Not 100% certain on that aspect of things. Do know for a fact that the victim has in fact quit the team now. Pretty sad that the innocent party in all of this is the one suffering the most. Just not the way things should work in my humble opinion.

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not 100% certain on that aspect of things. Do know for a fact that the victim has in fact quit the team now. Pretty sad that the innocent party in all of this is the one suffering the most. Just not the way things should work in my humble opinion.

 

Word.

What are you hearing about it being a continuing course of conduct?

 

Not much. Was told that the victim wanted to quit the team just before the season was ready to start. Not sure if it was related to any of these issues or simply having second thoughts. Seemed odd though given the fact that the kid had gone through offseason workouts with the team.

  • Author

I also just got some info from the other side, according to what I was told the Highlands Administration is taking this matter very seriously and the 3 day suspensions are what the school system does until they can gather all the information from all the parties involved to make a final decision with a fitting punishment.

 

I am told this process is outlined in the HHS Student Handbook.

I also just got some info from the other side, according to what I was told the Highlands Administration is taking this matter very seriously and the 3 day suspensions are what the school system does until they can gather all the information from all the parties involved to make a final decision with a fitting punishment.

 

I am told this process is outlined in the HHS Student Handbook.

 

That sounds better, at any rate.

From a previous post it sounds like he got in some shots.

 

Good for him.

 

That is good to know the kid stood up for himself.

I do not believe Kentucky has an assault statute for bodily fluids, some states do have this. I think the big issue would be did the kid have some type of disease or infection. If so, could the urine be considered a weapon. I am sure the police will require the kid get tested. For assault, there needs to be a bodily injury also.

For those crushing Jeremy, Dale is the one pushing for the punishments to not be so severe.

What proof do you have of that? If that is the case I think Dale needs to go ahead and take his brown box and go home. I have a hard time believing that.

What proof do you have of that? If that is the case I think Dale needs to go ahead and take his brown box and go home. I have a hard time believing that.

 

Believe what you want, I don't care.

 

"I never had to kick a player of the football team."

This is a "sensational news" story. Once the local news gets this… and add in the perceived light sentence for the offending athletes, the assumed wealthy powerful parents, the underclassman victim impact, etc… you've got a scandal. Highlands is one of the most recognized high school athletic programs in the state if not the country. They better take that seriously. Hazing, humiliation, golden showers, Highlands… just a matter of time before this one hits the paper. If the powers do not take decisive and hard-line action, it will be much worse than a losing baseball season. Just my opinion.

For those crushing Jeremy, Dale is the one pushing for the punishments to not be so severe.

 

Who has the power to remove them from the team, Dale or Jeremy?

Who has the power to remove them from the team, Dale or Jeremy?

 

Sounds like everyone is getting a slap on the wrist.

Sounds like everyone is getting a slap on the wrist.

 

So far it does but it sounds like they're still investigating.

This is going to turn into a fiasco before its all said and done. The kids who were involved have only themselves to blame.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.