Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

  • Author

I am also being told there are internal politics at play. In other words, in an effort to protect those involved, the football program is quietly being thrown under the bus by making accusations that stuff like that happens all the time and nothing much is done about it.

 

I will say it right now, I think the Highlands powers that be need to consider bringing in some outside consultants from nearby schools and let those consultants make the decision on the punishments.

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless there was a series of incident's reported prior to this I am against expelling a student in the spring of their senior year. If it's been an ongoing problem then I am ok with expulsion. Otherwise, kicked off the team and a couple weeks suspension along with no extracurricular activities (prom) would seem appropriate.

If I am not mistaken, wasn't there a thread that talked about this yesterday....Pretty sure it was closed by a moderator. Just wondering why that thread was closed and this one is allowed to be open? Not complaining about the issue being discussed just trying to figure out how the thread rules are applied.

I am also being told there are internal politics at play. In other words' date=' in an effort to protect those involved, the football program is quietly being thrown under the bus by making accusations that stuff like that happens all the time and nothing much is done about it. I will say it right now, I think the Highlands powers that be need to consider bringing in some outside consultants from nearby schools and let those consultants make the decision on the punishments.[/quote']

 

Who is throwing the football team under the bus and how did they do it?

I am also hearing relative to other punishments from the past this punishment is extremely light. My source on this one says the reason the punishment is so light is because there are six important players involved and the same rules don't apply.

 

And if there is an other side to this, we are all ears. Or, if you know the other side

of it, you can PM me with the details and I will not reveal you as a source but you better not be running any game.

Not just high School baseball but I'm sure a few of these kids are looking at playing baseball in college as well. Something like this would not go over very well at the next level!!

  • Author
Who is throwing the football team under the bus and how did they do it?

 

Quit playing me Clyde, ask your buddy.

Quit playing me Clyde' date=' ask your buddy.[/quote']

 

You have the sources. Don't be vague and let everyone wonder.

  • Author
You have the sources. Don't be vague and let everyone wonder.

 

You have a better source. Like I said, quit playing me.

If I am not mistaken, wasn't there a thread that talked about this yesterday....Pretty sure it was closed by a moderator. Just wondering why that thread was closed and this one is allowed to be open? Not complaining about the issue being discussed just trying to figure out how the thread rules are applied.

 

The thread you are asking about was in the high school forum. On BGP we try to keep the high school forums on high school sports discussions only and one of the rules is no discussing of possible criminal activity in those high school forums. In this forum, Controversial Issues, things of this nature dealing with high school athletes are open for discussion but are still watched and moderated closely.

 

I will say it right now, I think the Highlands powers that be need to consider bringing in some outside consultants from nearby schools and let those consultants make the decision on the punishments.

 

Bring in somebody from SK or CCH and their ruling will be to suspend 5 football starters from each side of the line for 2015. :D

 

Thought it was time to lighten things up for a minute. You may now continue regularly scheduled programming.

Have heard absolutely nothing on this besides all the posts in the thread. IMO if this is the only incident and was simply a "spur of the moment 'hilarious' idea" then they need to be kicked off the team. If there is ANY history (even consistent teasing) between the victim and the others than its time to look into punishment in school, and perhaps expulsion. IMO.

You have a better source. Like I said' date=' quit playing me.[/quote']

 

What I will not do is post falsehoods, half truths , and exaggerations mixed in with some truth and THEN tell 3 or 4 respected adults from Highlands to prove their innocence .

  • Author
What I will not do is post falsehoods, half truths , and exaggerations mixed in with some truth and THEN tell 3 or 4 respected adults from Highlands to prove their innocence .

 

In other words you don't want to share what you know because it is really bad and you would be considered a highly credible source on this matter.

In other words you don't want to share what you know because it is really bad and you would be considered a highly credible source on this matter.

 

Incorrect.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.