Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

The couple posts about if kids were starters on other teams or if they were football players made me laugh. You should be embarrassed to even consider that that makes a difference . Wait, I know, it's called hate. Give it up on attacking the football team or any other sport. So laughable and again, I'm embarrassed for you!

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

I am also hearing relative to other punishments from the past this punishment is extremely light. My source on this one says the reason the punishment is so light is because there are six important players involved and the same rules don't apply.

 

And if there is an other side to this, we are all ears. Or, if you know the other side of it, you can PM me with the details and I will not reveal you as a source but you better not be running any game.

The punishment is definitely not going to fit the crime. I'm hearing a week suspension from school and baseball. That's pathetic and a joke if you ask me. I hear the victim has already quit the team and doesnt want to be part of anymore bullying. All of the names i have heard involved are seniors, except the victim of course. Time to teach the students and younger baseball players a lesson for the future that nothing will ever be tolerated like this. The punishment must fit the crime!

I'm sorry but immediate and permanent dismissal from the team AT A MINIMUM is the only acceptable punishment.

That is so disappointing. This is a prime opportunity to teach some really good life lessons to the perpetrators, the rest of the team, and the student body as a whole.

No matter how you look at bullying/practical joke its disgusting and unsanitary. the boys involved should be definitely kicked off the team, the administration better get this right. If i was the parent of this young man i would not let this slide and would ask for the maximum punishment. Hope he called the authorities.

The couple posts about if kids were starters on other teams or if they were football players made me laugh. You should be embarrassed to even consider that that makes a difference . Wait, I know, it's called hate. Give it up on attacking the football team or any other sport. So laughable and again, I'm embarrassed for you!

Please don't act like it doesn't matter...if this a couple of kids on a overnight field trip that no one had ever heard of, they'd probably be expelled for the rest of the year. Kids that play sports and are "Known" by the administration get the benefit of the doubt in most cases at most schools...not just in this case.

I am also told the punishments handed down have been very light (the strongest being a 3 day suspension) and there are a lot of unhappy parents about the lack of real punishment given the offense.

 

Honestly this sounds about right to me, but I am not privy to all the details. My personal opinion is that these kids do not deserve to get kicked out of school, assuming this was an isolated event.

No matter how you look at bullying/practical joke its disgusting and unsanitary. the boys involved should be definitely kicked off the team, the administration better get this right. If i was the parent of this young man i would not let this slide and would ask for the maximum punishment. Hope he called the authorities.

 

I'm going to go out on a limb and say they already know.

The couple posts about if kids were starters on other teams or if they were football players made me laugh. You should be embarrassed to even consider that that makes a difference . Wait, I know, it's called hate. Give it up on attacking the football team or any other sport. So laughable and again, I'm embarrassed for you!

 

Nah, you got it wrong. Not hating, I'm a huge supporter of Bird football. Just getting to the question early as it was coming...sooner or later, probably from somewhere in Independence.

 

The question dealt with suspension, which could come in several ways: team suspension, school suspension, school expulsion, loss of extracurricular privileges for duration, etc... not at all that football would dictate the punishment, but rather if the punishment would dictate future football playing. Go Birds !

Edited by BirdBrain
spelling

I am also hearing relative to other punishments from the past this punishment is extremely light. My source on this one says the reason the punishment is so light is because there are six important players involved and the same rules don't apply.

 

And if there is an other side to this, we are all ears. Or, if you know the other side of it, you can PM me with the details and I will not reveal you as a source but you better not be running any game.

 

There you go.

The punishment is definitely not going to fit the crime. I'm hearing a week suspension from school and baseball. That's pathetic and a joke if you ask me. I hear the victim has already quit the team and doesnt want to be part of anymore bullying. All of the names i have heard involved are seniors, except the victim of course. Time to teach the students and younger

baseball players a lesson for the future that nothing will ever be tolerated like this. The punishment must fit the crime!

 

IF this is the case, there are a lot of men at Highlands I've found to be good, compassionate men who care about the young men they teach and coach, who should not only be disgusted with themselves for failing miserably, but they should also be relieved of duty.

 

This can't be true right? They have to be better than that...right?

Edited by FBCoachDYF
grammar nazi

Sure are a lot of judges, jury members, and executioners in this thread.

Sure are a lot of judges, jury members, and executioners in this thread.

 

Are you surprised?!

The couple posts about if kids were starters on other teams or if they were football players made me laugh. You should be embarrassed to even consider that that makes a difference . Wait, I know, it's called hate. Give it up on attacking the football team or any other sport. So laughable and again, I'm embarrassed for you!

 

It makes a difference in the punishment. Do you punish for just baseball, or other sports as well. Do you suspend from one activity or multiple. It actually makes a huge difference in how you look at the whole picture and how you discipline appropriately.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.