Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

Does HHS have an Athletic Code of Conduct? Some schools I've seen have one that is separate from the regular schools code of conduct and it is more restrictive as to the way student/athletes are to act and represent their school.

 

The school has Dale. I see this as a potentially defining moment for the AD. He's about to retire, has probably seen it all in his day, and I would think would not tolerate this to any level.

 

As for the comments about victims fighting back in a bullying situation, I can tell you that CCHS will suspend all, regardless of victim or bully, even after they have attempted to protect the victim.

 

Qryche: you know the players in this saga, but you say they are tight lipped....hmmm, I'm guessing at least a few of them still have a couple years eligibility left on the football field...now that's a quandry

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Negative, the names I am hearing are all Sr's with zero football eligibility left. The only underclassman were the victim and the main perp who did the alleged squirting of the urine.

 

bleeekkkk everytime I think of that I cringe....

The school has Dale. I see this as a potentially defining moment for the AD. He's about to retire, has probably seen it all in his day, and I would think would not tolerate this to any level.

 

As for the comments about victims fighting back in a bullying situation, I can tell you that CCHS will suspend all, regardless of victim or bully, even after they have attempted to protect the victim.

 

Qryche: you know the players in this saga, but you say they are tight lipped....hmmm, I'm guessing at least a few of them still have a couple years eligibility left on the football field...now that's a quandry

 

Will the fact that some of the kids may have been football players have any impact on punishment?

Will the fact that some of the kids may have been football players have any impact on punishment?

 

Negative, IMO.

Will the fact that some of the kids may have been football players have any impact on punishment?

 

Likely not....that ship has sailed

I am also told the punishments handed down have been very light (the strongest being a 3 day suspension) and there are a lot of unhappy parents about the lack of real punishment given the offense.

 

I know most of the offenders are probably juveniles but throwing bodily fluids on someone could be considered assault, couldn't it?

I know most of the offenders are probably juveniles but throwing bodily fluids on someone could be considered assault, couldn't it?

 

Yes, I would think so.

I know most of the offenders are probably juveniles but throwing bodily fluids on someone could be considered assault, couldn't it?

 

Don't the police equate that with assault when someone tries to throw blood, spit or other bodily fluids on them?

Will the fact that some of the kids may have been football players have any impact on punishment?

 

Doubt it.

 

That does come back to Plantman's prior question. If underclassmen were involved do you stop at the punishment being an entire baseball season lost (assuming they are suspended from the team) or do you carry it on to another season. If so, how long?

 

My guess is it will depend on what type of behavior preceded this incident. Lot's of unanswered questions.

  • Author
I know most of the offenders are probably juveniles but throwing bodily fluids on someone could be considered assault, couldn't it?

 

In some cases it is a felony but I am not up to date on the latest Kentucky Revised Statues (or to be more specific the statues in the state of the offense).

Don't the police equate that with assault when someone tries to throw blood, spit or other bodily fluids on them?

 

Yes, but charges would have to be filed where ever this took place on their road trip.

Not in any way saying that this is the case, BUT, when something as disgusting, deplorable and NOT OK occurs, someone better be taking a really close look at exactly what in the hell is going on in that program to where something like that can go down.

 

Sometimes these weird outlier events do occur (as a coach, I've dealt with one of these incidents sadly), but sometimes, you have programs where the inmates run the asylum, where chaos ensues, and the chief sometimes turns a blind eye to the lunatics.

 

Hope this isn't the case, but...wow...that's horrible. I can't imagine being that young man's father and how upset/angered I would be. Will be VERY interesting to see how this falls out.

  • Author
Not in any way saying that this is the case, BUT, when something as disgusting, deplorable and NOT OK occurs, someone better be taking a really close look at exactly what in the hell is going on in that program to where something like that can go down.

 

Sometimes these weird outlier events do occur (as a coach, I've dealt with one of these incidents sadly), but sometimes, you have programs where the inmates run the asylum, where chaos ensues, and the chief sometimes turns a blind eye to the lunatics.

 

Hope this isn't the case, but...wow...that's horrible. I can't imagine being that young man's father and how upset/angered I would be. Will be VERY interesting to see how this falls out.

 

I am also hearing the victim had previously approached the head coach about some incidents. Very very scary if true.

 

And if the victim's parents are go getters I think we are just at the tip of the iceberg.

Not in any way saying that this is the case, BUT, when something as disgusting, deplorable and NOT OK occurs, someone better be taking a really close look at exactly what in the hell is going on in that program to where something like that can go down.

 

Sometimes these weird outlier events do occur (as a coach, I've dealt with one of these incidents sadly), but sometimes, you have programs where the inmates run the asylum, where chaos ensues, and the chief sometimes turns a blind eye to the lunatics.

Hope this isn't the case, but...wow...that's horrible. I can't imagine being that young man's father and how upset/angered I would be. Will be VERY interesting to see how this falls out.

 

Everything I've ever heard about Coach B leads me to believe that is not the case.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.