Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

A source extremely close to the victim says yes and apparently a source extremely close to a guy that could lose his job over this says no.

 

Then why say "if it's true?" State it as fact.

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
And contact with bodily fluids every day can have zero effect on you. As a matter of FACT, the chances of Hep-C or AIDS infected fluids (just to name a couple of fun ones) would have such a remote chance of affecting an individual that I'm glad you're not an attorney.

 

I know you are highly highly educated on matters like this but I think you are being too dismissive. Baseball players/high school kids are often going to have open cuts or types of damaged skin due to their highly physical activities which could allow pathogens to easily infect them given the perfect storm.

Then why say "if it's true?" State it as fact.

 

Are you saying its not true?

There isn't enough money in the world for me to coach high school sports. I don't see how people do it. That's an extreme amount of love for the game and kids to have to go through what coaches have to go through. I feel another coach getting ready to be crucified for things out of his control. And that's a damn shame. It truly is.

Woah, woah, woah....who said anything about drugs?!
Sorry, said it wrong. Should have been blood test. My bad. Nothing about drugs.
I totally agree. It makes me wonder how the parents raise some of these kids. The parents need to teach their kids right from wrong.

 

Right, because parents raise their kids to be bullies and to be horrible kids.

If said activity was indeed an assault by the statutes in that jurisdiction, is it not hindering prosecution to send the alleged perpetrators home?

My guess is no one is more disappointed and embarrassed than the parents of the boys. I have really good kids but each and every one has done something in their life that shocked and disappointed me terribly despite what I hope was a good upbringing.

If said activity was indeed an assault by the statutes in that jurisdiction, is it not hindering prosecution to send the alleged perpetrators home?

 

Wouldn't think so, there was no prosecution to hinder at that point, not even a complaint.

My guess is no one is more disappointed and embarrassed than the parents of the boys. I have really good kids but each and every one has done something in their life that shocked and disappointed me terribly despite what I hope was a good upbringing.

Ditto.

Wouldn't think so, there was no prosecution to hinder at that point, not even a complaint.

 

Should there have been?

Should there have been?

 

I don't know. If it were my son there would be no legal complaint based on the little information we really have at this point.

No they dont raise them to be bullies but many sure as heck dont raise them to NOT be bullies. That is the problem with our society.

WOW REALLY!!! I don't care how old they are or if they were provaked or not if the fact is that they skirt urine on another player that's all anyone needs to know, what other facts do you need? What you said is wrong, what if that was your son it happened to?

I know you are highly highly educated on matters like this but I think you are being too dismissive. Baseball players/high school kids are often going to have open cuts or types of damaged skin due to their highly physical activities which could allow pathogens to easily infect them given the perfect storm.
Because the CDC numbers are not imaginary. It's simple math. Even with a team full of kids with open wounds, the odds just aren't there. Not being dismissive. It's easy enough to check. I'm just not on board with making up junk to stir the pot. Not on board with that part of the witch hunt at all.

 

And there's not a single individual on this board exposed DAILY to more vile fluids than I am. FACT.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.