Mason County Job Open

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From an inside source of the high school, Jason Hinson rang the phones off the hook. Was declined numerous times because of no teaching degree. The requirements for the job were 2 years of head coaching, and also a teaching degree. So, I'm guessing the ones that met these requirements were trimmed to a select few which are given an interview. This is just what I heard from an inside office source of the Mason County High School. I would be surprised if Buddy Biggs wasn't named the head coach in the coming week(s). Seems to have a lot of support from around the town from the people I've spoken with.

He didn't do well at Ashland with a region that was ranked one of the weakest. Only won 5 games this year. I would think the Mason Co job would bring in a coach with a better resume in the past few years.

He didn't do well at Ashland with a region that was ranked one of the weakest. Only won 5 games this year. I would think the Mason Co job would bring in a coach with a better resume in the past few years.

One bad season out of however many he has coached does not a career make. He knocked on the door of Sweet 16 (admittedly fell short) and won a lot of games at Ashland. Last year the wheels came out but that coach is a fighter. Whoever gets him next will get an extremely motivated coach who won't fail. Just my opinion on that aspect of it.

Coach Biggs won over 165 games his first eight years at Ashland. He was without his best player most of this season. He has a region title at Pendleton County and was in four 16th region finals in his tenure at Ashland. I think this would be a great hire.

A very out of character post for you Goldie! Do you have a personal issue with Biggs?

You certainly aren't looking at the big picture on Buddy.

A very out of character post for you Goldie! Do you have a personal issue with Biggs?

Buddy was a very good coach when he got to Ashland and having gone through what he did this season can only give him a new perspective on coaching

I dont think Goldie was implying that he is a bad coach, he is a good coach no question about it, what she was saying and I could be wrong, is that it will be a bigger name and a more impressive resume. In my opinion Buddy would do a great job anywhere he goes. I also think Mason will go with someone else. I hope Coach Biggs lands somewhere, some school will be fortunate to get him

I dont think Goldie was implying that he is a bad coach, he is a good coach no question about it, what she was saying and I could be wrong, is that it will be a bigger name and a more impressive resume. In my opinion Buddy would do a great job anywhere he goes. I also think Mason will go with someone else. I hope Coach Biggs lands somewhere, some school will be fortunate to get him

Exactly what I meant. One with a bigger name and more impressive resume with the tradition and history of the Mason Co program. ONe of the top coaching jobs in the state IMO.

NO, just because of who I am and support, my posts are all the time taken out of context or read the wrong way by Mason Co fans. I really respect Buddy Biggs and what he did at PC.

He was an assistant at Mason for one of the best we have had on the sidelines in my opinion. Had a lot of good players, I think one is Darius Miller?? Kind of a good player. I think O'Hearn is one of the best in the state as well so that helps winning regions and a title. I just think they will go with someone who has more success or Coach Cox, just my opinion. An example would be David Henley/Steve Wright, if they applied.

He was an assistant at Mason for one of the best we have had on the sidelines in my opinion. Had a lot of good players, I think one is Darius Miller?? Kind of a good player. I think O'Hearn is one of the best in the state as well so that helps winning regions and a title. I just think they will go with someone who has more success or Coach Cox, just my opinion. An example would be David Henley/Steve Wright, if they applied.

A really good example.

NO, just because of who I am and support, my posts are all the time taken out of context or read the wrong way by Mason Co fans. I really respect Buddy Biggs and what he did at PC.

I am not a Mason Co fan! I must have read it wrong, as did others!