Mason County Job Open

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me more about Maze Stallworth.

Played at John Hardin and took them to their first state tournament, then on to Morehead State (IIRC, he was on most of the Faried teams). He has the most 3's made in Morehead State history and made it as far as the NBADL.

He was also an assistant at St. Catherine's College at one point. More recently, he was the head coach of Team Manimal during AAU, and they seem to be doing pretty well so far.

This past season, he was the head coach at Casey County High School last season, his second as a high school head coach. I saw them play at the Lexington Catholic holiday tournament, and while they weren't the most talented team, he seemed to get plenty out of them.

I can see why he'd be an attractive young candidate for lots of schools. He played in both college and the NBADL, has been a college assistant, and has been a head coach of a successful AAU program, so it isn't as if he's some guy from AAU who has latched onto kids in hopes of getting an in for a high school job.

The biggest knock on him is probably going to be that he doesn't have a ton of head coaching experience, but that doesn't mean I think he'd be a bad coach (again, his Casey County team looked fine given what he had to work with and I don't really know how much more anyone else would have gotten out of them), but I'd say that he's a guy whose staff is probably going to be important until he gets a few more years under his belt.

Edited by JokersWild24
Corrected Year