Republicans- Is Glenn Beck right?

I wish he were not correct , as I think he's crazy as they come , but sometimes truth comes from unusual places. I'm afraid both parties at the highest levels are nothing but crooks with no morals . Will pass whatever to stay in power or gain money.

No fan of Rove but also no fan of Beck. Unfortunately, the issues facing this country are no where near as black and white as Beck and others would like them to be. They just aren't. If 60% or more of Americans felt the way Beck and others do on a lot of issues it would be much easier for the leaders of Congress to govern. But they don't. To me at least, there are about 25% of Americans on the far left; about 25% of Americans on the far right; and the remaining Americans are in the middle, leaning one way or the other (leaning one way at times and other ways at times).

A leader of Congress pushing an agenda too far either to the right or the left satisfies the 25% on that side, but loses not only the 25% on the other side but a large portion of the 50% in the middle. Which doesn't work. It just doesn't.

Beck and those feeling similar want Congress to move this country dramatically and quickly back to the right. Such won't work, as big, fast steps to the right "scare" a lot of folks in the middle. If this country is going to be moved to the right it will be a result of gradual, baby steps. Those advocating dramatic, quick and big movements to the right sometimes do more harm than good in my opinion. Principles are great I guess, but practicality has to come into play in order to govern and manage a country (or organization) that lacks a really strong and committed consensus on issues and direction.

Perhaps the Americans in the middle are so fed up with the current President and the condition of the country that someone like Cruz could get elected. But I don't think so (at least not yet).

^^^I agree L-neck. While I'm curious about some of the ideas Cruz has, I too wonder if the pendelum swings too far, too fast and everyone gets gun shy.

While I can't stand to listen to Beck (I think he's a megalomaniac), there are some threads of the fiber that are solid.

I would vote for someone who could stabilize the overall climate, but I honestly do not see that anywhere on either side of the aisle....