Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

30 for 30: I Still Hate Laettner

Featured Replies

They aren't. It just makes them feel better to say that.

 

 

No surprise you would say that.

  • Replies 194
  • Views 27k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The second guy always gets caught. :lol2:

 

At the same time, Laettner's stomp was more obvious than him being pushed into the support.

 

But it was for show and drama. Obviously, he was not trying hurt Timberlake.

 

The elbows and blows he took from the Connecticut player on the floor were real.

 

He was definitely 'brash'.

 

BTW, visited Duke campus last week for first time - actually while Duke/NC St. was going on. Beautiful place.

It was good, not great as far as production goes. I have liked plenty other 30 for 30s more than this one.

 

Winning cures all ills, but it was obvious even his teammates didn't like the guy on a personal level. Can't really gauge if that has changed much since his time at Duke, I doubt it. He plays it well, but Laettner has become a caricature of his "evil" self. He is an odd duck.

Anyone else think Laettner and Bill Simmons look and sound similar?

I really enjoyed the show. Would have loved to have him on any team I root for.

Laettner was an Awesome college player and probably as good a college player as I have seen. I can't hate on greatness.

 

Only Dukies I really couldn't stand are Hurley and my all time favorite Dukie to hate Cherokee Parks!

 

1998 exercised any Duke "Demons" left from 92!!! #ComebackCats

13 years afterwards - an apology.

 

Christian Laettner Apologizes to Aminu Timberlake for Stepping on His Chest | Bleacher Report

 

 

He sort of addressed in 2011:

 

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/

 

It was Feldhaus that did the push into the backboard bracket but Laettner thought it was Timberlake.

Edited by Bluegrasscard
fix link due to violation

It was good, not great as far as production goes. I have liked plenty other 30 for 30s more than this one.

 

Winning cures all ills, but it was obvious even his teammates didn't like the guy on a personal level. Can't really gauge if that has changed much since his time at Duke, I doubt it. He plays it well, but Laettner has become a caricature of his "evil" self. He is an odd duck.

 

We all see different things.

I didn't realize he held all of those NCAA records that's impressive.

 

Neither did I. It's impressive; then I started doing the math. He was arguably the best player during the period at a school that went to four consecutive Final Fours. That's a lot of games to compile stats.

 

That's just an insane run.

I may catch one of the 10,000 replays of this one sometime. Tonight I was relaxing, still enjoying the U.K. Victory and didn't want to ruin a nice evening. Duke or Laettner Are Not anywhere on my priority list. Should I not be too busy waiting for the grass to start growing this year I might tune in.

Same here.

 

I'd rather watch The Sixth Man on Netflix. Maybe 30/30 can air it on one of their programs, with a few edits, such as the unnecessary 'Chris From Richmond' segments with him wearing his mask.

I thought it was well made and worthy of an ESPN promotion, especially with UK and their undefeated record going into the tournament being such a big topic right now.

Didn't realize that before the stomp, Laettner was shoved from behind into the basketball support system. To me, it looked much worse than the stomp. Just so happened that he got caught!

 

Knowing now that Laettner was shoved by a UK player - do UK fans now change their mind about the stomp?

We all see different things.

See what different? You don't think he is an odd duck?

 

I thought they did a good job of framing why Duke is universally disliked. I also thought it was hilarious at the end of the film he was outside practicing the shot with his son. :lol2:

Knowing now that Laettner was shoved by a UK player - do UK fans now change their mind about the stomp?

 

It was never about the stomp for me; just hated that game winning shot!

Knowing now that Laettner was shoved by a UK player - do UK fans now change their mind about the stomp?

 

Specifically what about it? Stomping on a guy on a ground is worse than a shove. Shoves happen in a lot of games - A LOT. It maybe changes a bit of one's feeling about whether it was unprovoked, but then again, he stomped on the wrong guy (I know he didn't know that but he did).

 

To me the debate will always be about whether he should have been ejected, but there is no gray area about whether it was OK to stomp on a guy.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.