Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

30 for 30: I Still Hate Laettner

Featured Replies

I think you meant to quote Deuce. :lol2:

 

I'm so used to quoting you. Oh, well. :thumb:

  • Replies 194
  • Views 27k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm so used to quoting you. Oh, well. :thumb:

:lol2: My homey!!! :thumb:

I still say the 'stomp' on Timberlake was overblown. He put his foot on his chest in a physical manner but to me that's not a stomp. A stomp breaks a rib or at least has intent to injure. That was intent to intimidate after being aggravated. The technical was the right call and I don't believe in today's game that is soft as Charmin that he would be tossed from the game for that act.

 

I have agreed with this assessment since the day I watched it. I caught 9 kinds of hell when I said basically the same thing to my buddies when we were watching the game.

Something that I think is going unnoticed: people are like, "people hate Laettner because he was so good", etc. No, lots of people hate Laettner because he was a jerk. Even his own teammates didn't like him according to the documentary.

Didn't realize that before the stomp, Laettner was shoved from behind into the basketball support system. To me, it looked much worse than the stomp. Just so happened that he got caught!

 

Agreed. As a lifelong UK fan, I'd never heard that one brought up. If I'm playing a game and I think a guy pushed me like that, I might try to go back at him too.

It was good, not great as far as production goes. I have liked plenty other 30 for 30s more than this one.

 

Winning cures all ills, but it was obvious even his teammates didn't like the guy on a personal level. Can't really gauge if that has changed much since his time at Duke, I doubt it. He plays it well, but Laettner has become a caricature of his "evil" self. He is an odd duck.

 

I think Laettner has changed a lot. I would imagine his time in the NBA, Dream Team, and some things he's been through since have changed Christian Laettner the person.

For everyone who is talking about all of Laettner's talent and what a great college player he was, he's a guy who didn't really do much at all at the next level.

 

For what a great teammate he was, he doesn't have a lot of pros talking about what a great teammate he was either.

The FIEND!!

 

Well, being part of a failed investment that essentially took $30 million from investors, then twice refusing to turn over financial info to creditors before a court orders you to-- that's the kind of thing that rubs people wrong.

 

He also had to have failed at least three drug tests to be suspended for the amount of time he was under the league's policy at the time. Look at a guy like Josh Gordon right now and how many he's failed while in the pros, and that's kind of what you have.

 

Look at the stuff people say about others who've essentially took $30 million from creditors then behaved as he did and see what people have said. Look at the stuff people say about a pro who has failed three drug tests. He's done both. That's not really "without controversy" to me.

He said in the program that he was suspended for marijuana use while in the pros. That is no secret.

Also an slight issue about Laettner and his lack of "controversy" and what not. Sorry, the statements that he has since been without controversy was just false.

 

Christian Laettner's Real-Estate Brick - WSJ

[/url]

 

That might explain a few tweets I saw from someone late Sunday night. Can't remember who it was, but basically cussing out Laettner & Davis for owing him money. I think @HammerTime might have retweeted it. It wasn't Pippen, Merriman, or anyone I recognized at first glance.

My goodness, some of you really have issues. :lol2: :lol2:

 

I agree, some certainly do.

Laettner was an Awesome college player and probably as good a college player as I have seen. I can't hate on greatness.

Agree ... Laettner was great, I hated his pompass attitude along with the cheap shots that he would throw in practically every game. Should anything have "cheapened" his play then that was it but no true college bb fan could imo dislike the passion and ability that he played with.

As for the hated Duke players I would have to say that Wojo is around the top of my list.

Same here.

 

I'd rather watch The Sixth Man on Netflix. Maybe 30/30 can air it on one of their programs, with a few edits, such as the unnecessary 'Chris From Richmond' segments with him wearing his mask.

I thought it was well made and worthy of an ESPN promotion, especially with UK and their undefeated record going into the tournament being such a big topic right now.

:lol2: I might add a capt. Kangaroo or a soap opera on my preferred viewing over this thing.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.