March 16, 201511 yr Knowing now that Laettner was shoved by a UK player - do UK fans now change their mind about the stomp? What I found most interesting from that is how Timerblake's reaction helped diffuse the situation.
March 16, 201511 yr Specifically what about it? Stomping on a guy on a ground is worse than a shove. Shoves happen in a lot of games - A LOT. It maybe changes a bit of one's feeling about whether it was unprovoked, but then again, he stomped on the wrong guy (I know he didn't know that but he did). To me the debate will always be about whether he should have been ejected, but there is no gray area about whether it was OK to stomp on a guy. Feldhuas should have been called for T - that shove looked a lot worse than the "stomp"
March 16, 201511 yr What I found most interesting from that is how Timerblake's reaction helped diffuse the situation. So great. Loved when the Sean Woods interview followed saying that Laettner picked the right guy. That was just the way Timberlake was; if Laettner had done that to any one else it would've started a brawl.
March 16, 201511 yr Feldhuas should have been called for T - that shove looked a lot worse than the "stomp" First time I'd ever seen it. Looked like he went full force during a dead ball and threw Laettner into the goal apparatus. I'd have to watch it again to make sure my memory of seeing that last night didn't deceive me.
March 16, 201511 yr Feldhuas should have been called for T - that shove looked a lot worse than the "stomp" You're right, Feldhaus probably should have been called for a tech. You still don't step on a guy who is laying on the ground. This feels like a good time to note that as I said earlier in the thread, I actually like Laettner now. This documentary even reinforced it. I just wish he wouldn't have hit the shot.
March 16, 201511 yr See what different? You don't think he is an odd duck? I thought they did a good job of framing why Duke is universally disliked. I also thought it was hilarious at the end of the film he was outside practicing the shot with his son. :lol2: I didn't get from it that his teammates didn't like him. I got the opposite from it. That's all I kept hearing from teammates is how he was actually a good person.
March 16, 201511 yr So great. Loved when the Sean Woods interview followed saying that Laettner picked the right guy. That was just the way Timberlake was; if Laettner had done that to any one else it would've started a brawl. I know that is what Woods said, but he seems to be a lot more bark than bite. Still interesting. Maybe they would have got up in his face and people would have been restrained heightening the situation. The Laettner shot was remarkable because of the moment and pressure, but the degree of difficulty wasn't that much given the absence of defense. The Woods' shot just before still amazes me. I remember seeing that and thinking, "what in the hell was that?"
March 16, 201511 yr So great. Loved when the Sean Woods interview followed saying that Laettner picked the right guy. That was just the way Timberlake was; if Laettner had done that to any one else it would've started a brawl. I thought that was interesting of Woods to say also. After Feldhaus shoved Laettner into the support Timberlake was the first person in his face laughing and clapping so it was easy to see why he thought Timberlake did it.
March 16, 201511 yr Don't tell All Tell but I didn't watch this or dvr it. I swear, I know when I get on here for comment, if there's one person who will say exactly what snide remark I was gonna type, it's always you.:clap:
March 16, 201511 yr I thought that was interesting of Woods to say also. After Feldhaus shoved Laettner into the support Timberlake was the first person in his face laughing and clapping so it was easy to see why he thought Timberlake did it. Must be who Marcus Lee patterns his game after. Dude loves to clap.
March 16, 201511 yr I swear, I know when I get on here for comment, if there's one person who will say exactly what snide remark I was gonna type, it's always you.:clap: ...
March 16, 201511 yr No surprise you would say that. No surprise you've contributed nothing to the thread.
March 16, 201511 yr Knowing now that Laettner was shoved by a UK player - do UK fans now change their mind about the stomp? Put me in the group of people who never new or saw the shove by the UK player. They both were wrong!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.