Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

30 for 30: I Still Hate Laettner

Featured Replies

I still say the 'stomp' on Timberlake was overblown. He put his foot on his chest in a physical manner but to me that's not a stomp. A stomp breaks a rib or at least has intent to injure. That was intent to intimidate after being aggravated. The technical was the right call and I don't believe in today's game that is soft as Charmin that he would be tossed from the game for that act.

 

 

I agree on the severity. Someone once described it as Christian Laettner simply saying: "I'm Christian and You are not." :D

 

It was very intentional though. I loved in the broadcast when Len Bias tried to give him an out on the replay saying, "I don't know if he meant to do that or not."

 

Immediately Vern Lenquist said in a curt tone: "Oh, yes he did." :thumb:

  • Replies 194
  • Views 27k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree on the severity. Someone once described it as Christian Laettner simply saying: "I'm Christian and You are not." :D

 

It was very intentional though. I loved in the broadcast when Len Bias tried to give him an out on the replay saying, "I don't know if he meant to do that or not."

 

Immediately Vern Lenquist said in a curt tone: "Oh, yes he did." :thumb:

I think you mean Len Elmore. :D And, yeah, he definitely meant to do that. :lol2:

I think you mean Len Elmore. :D And, yeah, he definitely meant to do that. :lol2:

 

Yeah. Brain didn't function. Need more coffee. :walk:

I still say the 'stomp' on Timberlake was overblown. He put his foot on his chest in a physical manner but to me that's not a stomp. A stomp breaks a rib or at least has intent to injure. That was intent to intimidate after being aggravated. The technical was the right call and I don't believe in today's game that is soft as Charmin that he would be tossed from the game for that act.

 

Please, people think that stomp was like an Eddie Guerrero frog splash off the top ropes.

Please, people think that stomp was like an Eddie Guerrero frog splash off the top ropes.

They act like he ruined Aminu's life with that 'stomp'. :lol2: And they still don't acknowledge that Richie was 1/2 from the line when shooting the technical free throws.

They act like he ruined Aminu's life with that 'stomp'. :lol2: And they still don't acknowledge that Richie was 1/2 from the line when shooting the technical free throws.

 

It was because his chest was caved in.

Please, people think that stomp was like an Eddie Guerrero frog splash off the top ropes.

 

Man, I used to love the frog splash.

I know many hate Laettner and he should have been kicked out of the game IMO. However, "all Laettner did" was take 20 shots in that game (10 from the field and 10 from the line) and make EVERY ONE...and hit an incredibly tough pressure packed final shot for the win. You can hate him all you want but he played one of the great games in NCAA Tourney history that day.

I thought that I had plainly said that my beef was with the officials, Laettner did have an unbelievable / geat game. That last shot really wasn't that far out, a little past top of the key.

As far as Duke being a "Rivalry", I don't think so. A rivalry to me anyway is a team that you play every season, sometimes twice. There was a stretch there when U.K. / Duke met in the NCAA two or three seasons in a row and once in the regular season in that stretch. Should we ever play every season then yes, it would be one of the best rivalries anywhere.

I Love College Basketball......All college basketball so naturally I respect Duke for the program they are. Can't stand them and hope they lose every game unless it's IU or UL but I do watch then play.

Really enjoyed that film. Made me appreciate Laettner and the garbage he went through (some earned, some definitely not).

Enjoyable documentary. I like Christian, and love that he accepts his villain role. I was too young to appreciate his career when he was playing (only knew him as a NBA role player) so getting to see all of those old clips was awesome.

 

The LSU treatment was brutal.

 

The hate from Kentucky fans specifically was less of an angle than I anticipated.

That made me like Laettner even more.

I am not a Duke fan whatsoever but enjoyed watching the show. It was very well done.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.