30 for 30: I Still Hate Laettner

3Goggles

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haters - Do you hate what he did? how he played? Or do you hate him? Big difference. Some would say he's the kind of player you want on your team.

You will get those that say they hate him for the stomp but it's because he literally torched the UK team, didn't miss a shot the entire game, and hit the game winning shot to bounce UK from the tourney.

Haters - Do you hate what he did? how he played? Or do you hate him? Big difference. Some would say he's the kind of player you want on your team.

Well, he is arguably one of the 5 best college basketball players of all time, so that is not much of a reach.

I feel bad for UK fans having to relive that moment at least once a year in March and however many other times when "great finishes" come up. Even with the national titles since then and Calipari's success, that would still drive me nuts.

With that said, Laettner will be doing an autograph show here in Chicago in May, anyone want anything signed? If I can't interest you in that, Jenna Jameson will be at the same show. :lol2:

Please, UK has way more street cred than Duke does. UK has Drake as their celebrity fan. LeBron is a UK guy also. When was the last time a rapper as popular as Drake embraced Duke? The Fab Five had their 30 for 30 where they expressed their hatred for Duke. The media may hate UK more than Duke but public perception and popularity nationwide shows that Duke is hated way more than UK. People in California, Nevada, Texas and west of the Mississippi hate Duke. They all like/love UK.

Having a hard time grasping the bolded part.

Well, he is arguably one of the 5 best college basketball players of all time, so that is not much of a reach.

Do you really believe that? Lew Alcindor, Bill Walton, Larry Bird, Elvin Hayes, Patrick Ewing, Jerry West, Oscar Robertson, Bill Russell, Elgin Baylor, Pete Maravich, David Thompson? You think he was greater than all but five of the above?

I think he was a great collegian as well, but not Top Five great. (BTW, I didn't include anyone who didn't fulfill their time and eligibility. Some were allowed to only play three years and others four but all finished as Seniors)

I am interested.

To be honest , I think it is bad karma with this show being released when it is. I could see it going hocus pocus on UK and delivering the title to Duke. I believe in crap like that though.

The difference is that UK was the underdog in '92. The BIG underdog. Won't be that way this year no matter what happens.

Do you really believe that? Lew Alcindor, Bill Walton, Larry Bird, Elvin Hayes,

Patrick Ewing, Jerry West, Oscar Robertson, Bill Russell, Elgin Baylor, Pete Maravich, David Thompson?

You think he was greater than all but five of the above?

I think he was a great collegian as well, but not Top Five great. (BTW, I

didn't include anyone who didn't fulfill their time and eligibility. Some were

allowed to only play three years and others four but all finished as Seniors)

Don't forget Wilt...