Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

30 for 30: I Still Hate Laettner

Featured Replies

I'm wondering if they will give a count of the # of "I STILL HATE laettner" t-shirts they saw at Rupp

  • Replies 194
  • Views 27k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the early 90's I don't think anyone questions Duke was the most hated team. I just think in todays game UK has taken that crown.

 

Not a chance.

Not a chance.

 

I agree, but the gap has closed. People have a strong disdain for what UK has come to represent in college athletics.

 

The ironic thing is Duke is now playing the game the same way UK has been chastised for.

Not a chance.

 

People love Coach K, and they haven't had a player people hate since JJ.

In the early 90's I don't think anyone questions Duke was the most hated team. I just think in todays game UK has taken that crown.

I agree. Plus, Kentucky's tradition and hate goes back farther than Duke's. UK was hated when Duke basketball was no more revelent than Drake or Duquesne.

I agree, but the gap has closed. People have a strong disdain for what UK has come to represent in college athletics.

 

The ironic thing is Duke is now playing the game same way UK has been chastised for.

Kentucky has the "one and done" label and takes a lot of heat for that, such as the recent Rolling Stone article that said UK was ruining college basketball. But Duke has three one and done players on their team this year and no one seems to take a negative opinion of that. It's only when UK does it that it gets noticed.

Please, UK has way more street cred than Duke does. UK has Drake as their celebrity fan. LeBron is a UK guy also. When was the last time a rapper as popular as Drake embraced Duke? The Fab Five had their 30 for 30 where they expressed their hatred for Duke. The media may hate UK more than Duke but public perception and popularity nationwide shows that Duke is hated way more than UK. People in California, Nevada, Texas and west of the Mississippi hate Duke. They all like/love UK.

No chance I watch this show. I still hate him just enough to throw something at the television.

No time wasted on this. Too busy watching perfection.

I think I might actually like Laettner now. I mean, I wish he hadn't hit that shot, but he's embraced this role so much and has fun with it that I just have a ton of respect for him.

I burned my couch after that game. :taz:

I burned my couch after that game. :taz:

 

I burned my neighbor's.

Hey, I'm no fool. I need my couch for when I'm in trouble.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.