30 for 30: I Still Hate Laettner

3Goggles

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a chance.

I agree, but the gap has closed. People have a strong disdain for what UK has come to represent in college athletics.

The ironic thing is Duke is now playing the game the same way UK has been chastised for.

In the early 90's I don't think anyone questions Duke was the most hated team. I just think in todays game UK has taken that crown.

I agree. Plus, Kentucky's tradition and hate goes back farther than Duke's. UK was hated when Duke basketball was no more revelent than Drake or Duquesne.

I agree, but the gap has closed. People have a strong disdain for what UK has come to represent in college athletics.

The ironic thing is Duke is now playing the game same way UK has been chastised for.

Kentucky has the "one and done" label and takes a lot of heat for that, such as the recent Rolling Stone article that said UK was ruining college basketball. But Duke has three one and done players on their team this year and no one seems to take a negative opinion of that. It's only when UK does it that it gets noticed.

Please, UK has way more street cred than Duke does. UK has Drake as their celebrity fan. LeBron is a UK guy also. When was the last time a rapper as popular as Drake embraced Duke? The Fab Five had their 30 for 30 where they expressed their hatred for Duke. The media may hate UK more than Duke but public perception and popularity nationwide shows that Duke is hated way more than UK. People in California, Nevada, Texas and west of the Mississippi hate Duke. They all like/love UK.