Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

30 for 30: I Still Hate Laettner

Featured Replies

I didn't get from it that his teammates didn't like him. I got the opposite from it. That's all I kept hearing from teammates

 

Did you miss the part where they called him a butthole? I really do not think there is much love for this guy from his teammates! I knew KY fans hated him, but did not realize the hatred from the rest of the country and even his teammates. As someone else stated, he is an odd bird.

Edited by LSPM89
Rule 8

  • Replies 194
  • Views 27k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone has a reason to 'still hate Christian Laettner' it has to be Sean Woods. His shot was amazing in terms of difficulty. The game would probably still known as the greatest game in college basketball and his shot would have been the icon.

 

He seemed more at ease with it than Jaylen Rose, very classy.

No surprise you've contributed nothing to the thread.

 

 

Not much to Contribute you have said it all.

I always knew that he was good. I didn't realize how athletic he was. He ran the floor very very well for his size. Not the most fluid looking guy, but he got to where he needed to get to quickly.

I always knew that he was good. I didn't realize how athletic he was. He ran the floor very very well for his size. Not the most fluid looking guy, but he got to where he needed to get to quickly.

 

Bilas sent a tweet last night that he could walk on his hands the length of a basketball court.

Yes!!!

 

Creepy, isn't it?

I still say the 'stomp' on Timberlake was overblown. He put his foot on his chest in a physical manner but to me that's not a stomp. A stomp breaks a rib or at least has intent to injure. That was intent to intimidate after being aggravated. The technical was the right call and I don't believe in today's game that is soft as Charmin that he would be tossed from the game for that act.

 

Never knew Feldhaus gave CL a pretty nice shove into the base of the basket until last night. After watching last night, I do NOT hate CL.

On thing I didn't know was that Laettner was perfect from the field that night...

Never knew Feldhaus gave CL a pretty nice shove into the base of the basket until last night. After watching last night, I do NOT hate CL.

Same here. I knew he was aggravated by Timberlake before he gave him the stomp but I never knew it was a case of mistaken identity after being shoved into the support.

Did you miss the part where they called him a butthole? I really do not think there is much love for this guy from his teammates! I knew KY fans hated him, but did not realize the hatred from the rest of the country and even his teammates. As someone else stated, he is an odd bird.

 

Nope. I did see the part where Bobby Hurley spoke highly of him and jumped into his arms telling him he loved him when they won their first championship. I don't even think I need to mention Brian Davis do I? I'll watch it again and look for signs but I didn't get the vibe from anyone on the show last night that they don't like him.

 

I did get the vibe that Sean Woods didn't like Timberlake. "If it was anyone else there would have been a brawl." I get it that Timberlake "diffused" the situation but none of them seemed to have his back. He got stomped and everyone just kind of went about their business. No "hold me back" fights or anything. Great teammates there. :thumb:

On thing I didn't know was that Laettner was perfect from the field that night...

 

Oh yeah. Beast mode. Did not miss a shot or FT.

Same here. I knew he was aggravated by Timberlake before he gave him the stomp but I never knew it was a case of mistaken identity after being shoved into the support.

 

I remember it since that night. 10-10 and 10-10. Sold his soul to the devil and didn't show up nearly close to his talent in the Final Four. I think the KY game drained Duke so much it's a testimony to the type of team they had that could will their way to victory vs IU and Michigan the next week.

I remember it since that night. 10-10 and 10-10. Sold his soul to the devil and didn't show up nearly close to his talent in the Final Four. I think the KY game drained Duke so much it's a testimony to the type of team they had that could will their way to victory vs IU and Michigan the next week.

I think you meant to quote Deuce. :lol2:

Nope. I did see the part where Bobby Hurley spoke highly of him and jumped into his arms telling him he loved him when they won their first championship. I don't even think I need to mention Brian Davis do I? I'll watch it again and look for signs but I didn't get the vibe from anyone on the show last night that they don't like him.

 

I did get the vibe that Sean Woods didn't like Timberlake. "If it was anyone else there would have been a brawl." I get it that Timberlake "diffused" the situation but none of them seemed to have his back. He got stomped and everyone just kind of went about their business. No "hold me back" fights or anything. Great teammates there. :thumb:

 

I've never hated him. But I did get the vibe from Hurley's face and voice that he still doesn't like the things Christian did to him in their time together.

 

It's interesting that last night my wife, who is a 3rd grade teacher, said at the end, "I don't hate him but I think he's just always been a "bully." For whatever effect he hoped to create, he looks like the bullies I have to deal with in my classes."

 

Just thought it interesting. He was great. But I still don't put him in the Top Ten. But I would in the next five probably.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.