Scott 77 Campbell County 68

Late on this, but Campbell really missed Wilson inside. Neltner was great around the rim but simply couldn't keep up with the pace Scott was playing at.

Schneider played really well for Scott and I continue to be impressed with Trame every time I see him. Nice shot.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Mustang wisely stated to me earlier in this thread, what would Wilson have done that Neltner didn't?

Block and/or alter shots, draw double teams, pass to open perimeter shooters or cutting players.

Neltner played well & put up great numbers. But what makes Wilson so effective is that he changes the game in numerous ways.

Block and/or alter shots, draw double teams, pass to open perimeter shooters or cutting players.

Neltner played well & put up great numbers. But what makes Wilson so effective is that he changes the game in numerous ways.

Neltner played his rear off and gave the Camels more than they expected, but having Wilson's presence under the basket would make some difference. Not saying they would have won with him, but the ability to change or block shots or at least be a thought to an opposing player driving to the basket would definitely have an impact on the game.

Neltner played his rear off and gave the Camels more than they expected, but having Wilson's presence under the basket would make some difference. Not saying they would have won with him, but the ability to change or block shots or at least be a thought to an opposing player driving to the basket would definitely have an impact on the game.

Agreed.

Wilson wouldn't have helped with the 20 plus turnovers CC put up. Also I believe most of Scott's points in second half were at or near the 3 point line, not driving to the basket.

Turnovers killed Campbell County down the stretch--both forced & unforced.

Agreed.

Turnovers killed Campbell County down the stretch--both forced & unforced.

THIS ^^^^^^^

This has been the Camels downfall all year. Against lesser teams, they can overcome and get away with it. But not against good teams. They were even with CovCath after 3 and fell apart in the 4th; they were even with Mason County midway through 3rd; lost to Madison Central by 3 after TO in final seconds. It's tough to win close games or games against quality teams with 15+ less opportunities to score.