Selma

born2reign

Just saw it today and really enjoyed this one.

I love historical movies and this fake on the March from Selma. To Montgomery led by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. is well done and covers a lot of information. There are definitely some parts that are tough to stomach, as a black man. The movie is well worth it, though IMO.

I've not seen the movie but I've seen where it is being accused of being inaccurate in it's depiction of President Johnson.

The movie gets at the politics of the day. If accurate, the movie doesn't spare many people's legacies, including Dr. King's.

I thin LBJ may be one of the most misunderstood presidents in history. I wish I knew what the real LBJ was like but I really have no clue. He has been portrayed in many different movies as a bumbling idiot (Right Stuff) or a war monger in several Vietnam war movies and now a racist. All of which have been said to be UN-true characterisations of him.

I thin LBJ may be one of the most misunderstood presidents in history. I wish I knew what the real LBJ was like but I really have no clue. He has been portrayed in many different movies as a bumbling idiot (Right Stuff) or a war monger in several Vietnam war movies and now a racist. All of which have been said to be UN-true characterisations of him.

To be fair, I don't think he was portrayed as a racist. He drops an n-word in the movie in a conversation with Gov. Wallace. He is portrayed as someone that put other aspects, namely attacking poverty in the US via government programs and bills, of his Great Society ahead of the voting rights agenda that was the focus of the Selma campaign.