Pro Wrestling - The Way It Used To Be

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48846[/ATTACH]

One scary dude!

I remember meeting him as a kid at the local Armory after a match. He was shorter than I thought. Then when he left, he got in the car with his "Arch Enemy" the Mongolian Stomper and his manager and left with them.

That day changed wrestling for me forever...I was about 12

I remember meeting him as a kid at the local Armory after a match. He was shorter than I thought. Then when he left, he got in the car with his "Arch Enemy" the Mongolian Stomper and his manager and left with them.

That day changed wrestling for me forever...I was about 12

Funny. I remember how Leduc would scare the heck out of fans in those taped studio matches. They were genuinely scared of him. I would have been too. I remember the time he took an axe and cut his arm to show how crazy he was.

Funny. I remember how Leduc would scare the heck out of fans in those taped studio matches. They were genuinely scared of him. I would have been too. I remember the time he took an axe and cut his arm to show how crazy he was.

I remember him as a "Good Guy" a lot and his rivalry with the Mongolina Stomper and his Mgr Gorgeous George. Stomper Smashed a block on his head

End of this video...

I saw the Mongolian Stomper wrestle several times in person in and around Southeastern KY. He was an intimidating presence for a youngster. I once saw a little old lady go up to the ring and hit him with her shoe. He was a legend around Knoxville when he wrestled for Southeastern. I think he even served as a deputy sheriff around Knoxville after his wrestling career was over. Word has it that he stayed in such great shape by riding his bike everywhere, maybe fifty or sixty miles a day. Archie Gouldie is his real name. He was actually a native of Canada.

Any idea who Bret Hart once said was the greatest Canadian wrestler of all-time? That's right, the Stomper, Archie Gouldie!!!

mongolianstomper.jpg

The legendary Mongolian Stomper.

The Stomper was said to have been born with an affliction that caused him to be super-sensitive to sound. It was a gimmick, of course. You may remember the Stomper wearing headgear like amateur wrestlers wear. The headgear was supposed to protect his ears . When the crowd would make excessive noise he would put his hands over his ears as if it pained him and then proceed to stomp the living daylights out of his opponent. Little old men and women sometimes would even take out their dentures and hit them together in order to bother the Stomper's ears. I saw it happen. Ah... the good days of regional wrestling at the local gyms and National Guard armories.

Edited by Science Friction