Pro Wrestling - The Way It Used To Be

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember when Ronnie Garvin first showed up in Knoxville. Ron Fuller was set to wrestle Harley Race for the Title in a few weeks. Race put out a bounty on Fuller for anyone that could put him out of commission. Fuller had a match against someone which he had won. Garvin then attacks him leaving him lying on the mat. Garvin then proceed to come off of the top rope with an elbow across Fuller's next over and over again, 10-20 times it seemed. Fuller then was in a neck brace and couldn't wrestle Race and Garvin was paid his bounty. Up to that point no one knew who Garvin was, he looked like a skinny blonde kid just out of the crowd. I loved those old NWA days!!!

I remember when Ronnie Garvin first showed up in Knoxville. Ron Fuller was set to wrestle Harley Race for the Title in a few weeks. Race put out a bounty on Fuller for anyone that could put him out of commission. Fuller had a match against someone which he had won. Garvin then attacks him leaving him lying on the mat. Garvin then proceed to come off of the top rope with an elbow across Fuller's next over and over again, 10-20 times it seemed. Fuller then was in a neck brace and couldn't wrestle Race and Garvin was paid his bounty. Up to that point no one knew who Garvin was, he looked like a skinny blonde kid just out of the crowd. I loved those old NWA days!!!

I remember that! Watched it on WBIR out of Knoxville. "Fists of Stone" Ronnie Garvin. Fun stuff.

I remember when Dusty Rhodes and Magnum T.A. got "banned" from wrestling and then this new masked tag team mysteriously showed up. It was so blatantly obvious that it was them that it was just pure greatness.

I remember Dusty in a mask wearing boots with "DR" on them...that was great stuff.