POY in each region

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad the Rose Hill BGPers can't be truthful about what really went on out there on Winslow Road this season.:sssh:

We released the green eyed monster. Which was held in captivity since 2003.

Actually, WVA Boy, my "wild tantrums" as you call them turned out to be factual. I was really stating that the thread had run its course to spare westsider further admission of his former lack of facts. Of course, I wouldn't really expect you to comprehend that nuance. I see that, even with all the posts concerning the fact that KABC's selection was limited to seniors, you seemed to miss it.. Hang in there, get facts before you speak, and we'll get you up to par.

I actually said tangents!!! Look it up!!!!! Different than "tantrums" and it seems you just proved my point again!!!! TANGENTS!!!!:thumb: ;) :banana:

Comprehension???? That's funny.:rolleyes: Comprehension takes objectivity -which you greatly lack!!! :thumb:

This is a really excellent point. However, I believe the vote was restricted to seniors only and Queen and Terry are juniors. Am I correct on seniors only being eligible?

Thank you, I see that, but because they were such good players do you think that they might have stole some "thunder" from Kala's campaign so to speak??? Kind of like Kobe Bryant MVP(Individual) vs say Steve Nash MVP (Team)

Tangents-Tantrums. You got me on that one, WVA Boy. I stand corrected. However, I must add that I never claimed to be objective. On the other hand, because of my good Catholic school foundation, I did learn to comprehend. Of course, many publics throw a tantrum when we private supporters fly off on a tangent about the benefits of private education. Have a good day.

Tangents-Tantrums. You got me on that one, WVA Boy. I stand corrected. However, I must add that I never claimed to be objective. On the other hand, because of my good Catholic school foundation, I did learn to comprehend. Of course, many publics throw a tantrum when we private supporters fly off on a tangent about the benefits of private education. Have a good day.

That can't be true!!!! I love Catholics!!!!

:eek: ;):D

Related FYI on the thread topic:

Mike Fields wrote about the East-West all-star game @ Warren Central last week that :

"Harrison County's Brooke Faulkner had 15 points to lead the East. Brown and West Carter's Brandi Rayburn, who had 13 points, six boards and three steals, were MVPs."

P.S. Neither of them were the leading scorer:

"Christian County's Arnika Brown had 20 points and 13 rebounds to lead the West to a 94-79 win"

Mike also wrote that:

"Rose Hill's 6-foot junior Laura Terry led the girls' Sweet Sixteen in scoring (97 points) and hit 12 of 24 three-pointers. She was 6-for-11 from long range in the finals. "I thought Larry Bird was a female there for a while," Todd said. "She played an incredible game." Terry also averaged nine rebounds."

Woody

Related FYI on the thread topic:

Mike Fields wrote about the East-West all-star game @ Warren Central last week that :

"Harrison County's Brooke Faulkner had 15 points to lead the East. Brown and West Carter's Brandi Rayburn, who had 13 points, six boards and three steals, were MVPs."

P.S. Neither of them were the leading scorer:

"Christian County's Arnika Brown had 20 points and 13 rebounds to lead the West to a 94-79 win"

Doesn't the all-star game name an MVP (or co-MVPs) from each team?

Doesn't the all-star game name an MVP (or co-MVPs) from each team?

Hey Westsider, thanks for catching MY error.

I have been reading everyones comments on this thread for the past week or so about Faulkner & Rayburn and when I was skimming Fields article this AM I obviously wasnt wide awake and just focused on those 2 young ladies names and wanted to add to the thread. So I rather mindlessly copied & pasted.(Albeit the editor could have written the copy a little clearer - at least thats my excuse :sssh: )

Anyway, hope I didn't upset the girls or their fans.:cry: Here is the blurb as written:

Christian County's Arnika Brown had 20 points and 13 rebounds to lead the West to a 94-79 win over the East in a girls' All-Star game at Warren Central last weekend. Harrison County's Brooke Faulkner had 15 points to lead the East. Brown and West Carter's Brandi Rayburn, who had 13 points, six boards and three steals, were MVPs.

So yes, it was Brown and Rayburn who received the MVP awards.:D

Anyway, congratulations to all the girls - high scorers or otherwise :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: