Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 72 Kansas 40

Featured Replies

A KU poster actually posted this before the game last night.

 

Perry Ellis is going to win against their bigs with experience, by drawing fouls and kicking it back out to our newfound skills behind the arc. Harrison twins and frank mason will be a good match up but expect a lot of jumpers from graham, svi, and oubre coming off the bench. Kansas is the better defensive team and that will be apparent

 

I think he lost his job as an analyst. :lol2:

 

Didn't realize futurecoach was a Kansas fan. :sssh::D

  • Replies 121
  • Views 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A KU poster actually posted this before the game last night.

 

Perry Ellis is going to win against their bigs with experience, by drawing fouls and kicking it back out to our newfound skills behind the arc. Harrison twins and frank mason will be a good match up but expect a lot of jumpers from graham, svi, and oubre coming off the bench. Kansas is the better defensive team and that will be apparent

 

I think he lost his job as an analyst. :lol2:

 

And this was the reaction afterwards:

 

It's like sleeping with a girl who says the last three guys she was with had a 10, 11, and 12 inch dongs. You got nothing for her. Well I don't. It's a bad luck year, where barring injury, or hoping for a miracle upset in the tourney, you are at best playing for second. Doesn't help us much if we lose our four best guys. We got nothing next year then but svi.

Exactly. May be a couple of those nights, it's okay as long as they're not in March or April.

 

Exactly what I was thinking. Hopefully those nights won't come once they've got 30 games under their belts.

I don't get into it until after the bowl season, but that was unreal. Won by 32 and offensively it was a very off night for them.

One thing that stuck out to me was the effort, both platoons were giving. This team is really good.

 

Kansas I feel like is going to be good in March, but they ran into a buzzsaw last night.

A KU poster actually posted this before the game last night.

 

Perry Ellis is going to win against their bigs with experience, by drawing fouls and kicking it back out to our newfound skills behind the arc. Harrison twins and frank mason will be a good match up but expect a lot of jumpers from graham, svi, and oubre coming off the bench. Kansas is the better defensive team and that will be apparent

 

I think he lost his job as an analyst. :lol2:

I can't figure out (I sort of look like Bobby) Perry Ellis. He may be the worst good player in college basketball. Or the best terrible player. I can't decide.

Not a UK fan but they looked scary good. Their length and athleticism is off the charts. Only way they get beat is if they play teams or a team knocks down shots from the perimeter. You are not going to score or be successful againts the Cats inside. They can challenge all night and they dont have to worry about fouling with their depth. I also thought Kansas was terrible. UK had a lot to do with it. Kansas is #5 on name only to me. They kept trying to drive all night. UK frustrated them early and they never recovered. Kansas lost 10 games last year and still was considered a top team. I dont get the love for them.

I'm sure the majority of the fans would consider it a bust, and yes I admit I would be disappointed, but to me anytime a UK team makes it to the Final Four I consider it a great season.

 

I agree with you. Final Four is a great season.

 

This team is fun to watch and I am not a cat fan. Look forward to watching them play.

Well...we see what happened to No. 5. I watched No. 4 Wisconsin in person and I'd take Kentucky by double digits against them. I'm not saying 40-0...but who is going to beat this team?

 

 

Outside of egos beating them?

 

A team with an awesome PG and 2-3 lights out shooters and plenty of physical bigs.....not sure anyone has that.

Outside of egos beating them?

 

A team with an awesome PG and 2-3 lights out shooters and plenty of physical bigs.....not sure anyone has that.

 

Duke? :idunno:

Outside of egos beating them?

 

A team with an awesome PG and 2-3 lights out shooters and plenty of physical bigs.....not sure anyone has that.

For starters, you have to look at where they are weakest. The Harrison twins are still not the most gifted on defense and they do not have much of a true SF to guard on the perimeter. You need a team that can pull away a big or two from the middle and be able to penetrate. UL and Wisconsin are the first teams that pops in to my head. The advantage UK has is they can switch screens and do not find themselves in bad mismatches too often. Teams will play a lot of zone against UK. That does make the opponent vulnerable to offensive rebounds which is advantage UK. The PGs still are not comfortable with constant pressure.

Duke? :idunno:

 

They are the only team I think can play with UK on a neutral court as of today. The season is very very very young and a lot can happen between now and April. Okafor is a beast but going against a fresh WCS, Towns and Johnson is tough to ask anyone. Duke would have to be almost perfect from the perimeter to be able to win.

 

I'm really interested in seeing how good Arizona and Wisconsin are.

They are the only team I think can play with UK on a neutral court as of today. The season is very very very young and a lot can happen between now and April. Okafor is a beast but going against a fresh WCS, Towns and Johnson is tough to ask anyone. Duke would have to be almost perfect from the perimeter to be able to win.

 

I'm really interested in seeing how good Arizona and Wisconsin are.

 

They are good but they don't have the athleticism to do much of anything with Kentucky. Their two big men (Dekkar and Kaminski) are as good as advertised but they don't have the guard play to handle UK's guards. What they do have that is intriguing, is 4 three-point shooters (including both big men) on the court simultaneously. They could utilize a true stretch 4 and open the paint up a little but I still don't think they have the athleticism to get to the basket.

 

If they played Kentucky right now, I'd take the Wildcats by double digits. That being said, Bo Ryan is a hell of a coach and will have them playing at a high level in March.

I'll be very disappointed if the selection committee puts Duke and UK where they meet before the title game.

  • Author
They are the only team I think can play with UK on a neutral court as of today. The season is very very very young and a lot can happen between now and April. Okafor is a beast but going against a fresh WCS, Towns and Johnson is tough to ask anyone. Duke would have to be almost perfect from the perimeter to be able to win.

 

I'm really interested in seeing how good Arizona and Wisconsin are.

 

UK & Duke have the most talent, but I think Arizona & Wisconsin are going to be awfully tough too. I look forward to seeing them both play.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.