Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mountain Top 10!

Featured Replies

ive heard a lot about the 14th and some of the regions around individually...lets here some opinions on the top 10 teams in the mountains????:banana:

  • Replies 34
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a tough one. I'd have to wait and see how the first week turns out before I could pick a Mountain Top Ten.

I agree with PatDAd, the 15th region lost a ton of talent.

1. Corbin

2. Bell County

3. Lee County

4. Allen Central

5. Pikeville

6. Leslie County

7. Sheldon Clark

8. Middlesboro

9. Johnson Central

10. Clay County

I agree with PatDAd, the 15th region lost a ton of talent.
Ditto!

1. Leslie County

2. Paintsville

3. Lee County

4. Johnson Central

5. Middlesboro

6. Pikeville

7. Allen Central

8. Corbin

9. Perry Central

10. Bell County

Bell is not a top ten in the mountains, not this year but maybe next year.

1. Leslie County

2. Paintsville

3. Lee County

4. Johnson Central

5. Middlesboro

6. Pikeville

7. Allen Central

8. Corbin

9. Perry Central

10. Bell County

 

You think that Perry Central is better than Leslie??

You think that Perry Central is better than Leslie??

South Laurel would be in the top 5 of this group by season's end.

You think that Perry Central is better than Leslie??

Leslie was at the #1 on his list I think.

1. Corbin

2. Bell County

3. Lee County

4. Allen Central

5. Pikeville

6. Leslie County

7. Sheldon Clark

8. Middlesboro

9. Johnson Central

10. Clay County

 

Are you kidding? I'm pretty sure that Corbin lost a BUNCH, and Clay County was as bad as I've ever seen them last season. Maybe you know something that I don't, do they have some young kids that will be stepping up in a major way?

These are the teams you have to consider. No one knows who will be the top yet, because games haven't been played.

 

13th -- Corbin, Bell County, Rockcastle County, Clay County, Whitley Co., Middlesboro (These teams were good last year.)

 

14th -- Powell Co, Lee Co, Leslie Co, Perry Central, KCC, Hazard, Letcher Central

 

15th -- Pikeville, Johnson Central, Allen Central, Lawrence Co., Sheldon Clark, Paintsville

 

(and the 12th if you want to include them)

12th -- South Laurel, North Laurel, Mercer Co, Southwestern, Pulaski, Danville, Russell, Boyle Co.

 

(and the 16th if you wish)

16th -- Boyd County, East Carter, Ashland Blazer, Greenup Co, Rowan Co.

Don't forget that there has been some re-districting.

 

Rockcastle is now in the 12th. North and South Laurel are now in the 13th.

 

I don't know about other Regions.

OK, my take on the Mountain Regions.

 

12th - Rockcastle, Danville, SW Pulaski & Mercer Co. are historically excellent teams. I'd pick Danville as a pre-season favorite. Rock has the best battery.

 

13th - Middlesboro & Corbin at the top, both have potential, but also potential problems with youth. I've heard a lot about South Laurel, Whitley is an up-n-comer.

 

14th - Powell County has ruled this usually weak Region for years, but I look for Leslie to assume the crown, with Hazard & Lee Co. in the mix.

 

15th - Pikeville & Johnson central at the top. Sheldon Clark as an up-n-comer.

 

16th - Belongs to Boyd Co., with Ashland as a dark horse. Don't know as much about the 16th, though.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.