Mountain Top 10!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He will be playing. I know the basketball coaches don't want him to play, but they didn't want him to play football either. I will be SHOCKED if he isn't playing.

Brace yourself for a JOLT, from what I've been told...He's not playing.

OK, my take on the Mountain Regions.

12th - Rockcastle, Danville, SW Pulaski & Mercer Co. are historically excellent teams. I'd pick Danville as a pre-season favorite. Rock has the best battery.

13th - Middlesboro & Corbin at the top, both have potential, but also potential problems with youth. I've heard a lot about South Laurel, Whitley is an up-n-comer.

14th - Powell County has ruled this usually weak Region for years, but I look for Leslie to assume the crown, with Hazard & Lee Co. in the mix.

15th - Pikeville & Johnson central at the top. Sheldon Clark as an up-n-comer.

16th - Belongs to Boyd Co., with Ashland as a dark horse. Don't know as much about the 16th, though.

About the 14th...I don't understand how you get that Powell Co. has ruled it for years when I don't recall the last time they took home a championship

The last 2 years powell has been in the championship game..and semifinals the year before that. They will always be there knocking on the door...The only team that i can think of that has been more dominant and IMO is more dominant in the 14th is Hazard. Maybe they were looked over because of the rough year last year.