Most impressive performance in Round 1

Shelby County looked good, as did Mason County. PRP sounded pretty solid via the internet feed. Apollo played very well as a team and probably implemented their gameplan to perfection in knocking out CovCath.

DAVE

Tony Hopper is the man. I don't think Apollo would be nearly as good as they have been without him. I wish he would have been hired a couple years sooner. It would have been real interesting to see what he could have done with the group of players consisting of Mike James, Bubba Long, Travis Johnson, and Ryne Mantooth.

I won't be in Lexington until tomorrow, so I have to ask the question.

Who has had the best first round performance individually, and what team has looked the most impressive so far?[/QUOTE]

I would have to give some consideration to Apollo's Tyler Brown with 20 pts. and at least 11 rebs. Justin Little was a nice surprise off the bench with 12 pts. and 8 rebs.

PRP looked very good tonight. Madison Central won big put didnt look as impressive as PRP IMO. I heard from a very good source that Shelby Co looked extremely good, and could be the team to beat.

I don't remember who I was debating with earlier in the year, but it was about South Laurel's strength of schedule. I made a reference to Madison Central and Mason Co. about how good both teams were, and that they were underrated and really helped SL's strength of schedule. I was hammered by a particular poster for my comments. Looks like Mason and Madison are looking very good at this point. Hehehehehe. I guess hind sight is 20/20, but I just love being right!!!

I don't remember who I was debating with earlier in the year, but it was about South Laurel's strength of schedule. I made a reference to Madison Central and Mason Co. about how good both teams were, and that they were underrated and really helped SL's strength of schedule. I was hammered by a particular poster for my comments. Looks like Mason and Madison are looking very good at this point. Hehehehehe. I guess hind sight is 20/20, but I just love being right!!!
Are you sure about that?

A week after Madison Central beat South Laurel, they lost at home to a Dunbar team that finished 12-17. A week before Mason County played South Laurel, they lost to Lexington Catholic by 20.

In other words, neither team was playing particularly well on a consistent basis when they played South Laurel, and just because they're playing well now says more about the parity that's prevalent in Kentucky and those teams' potential than how well they were playing at the time.

Don't strain anything patting yourself on the back ...

Are you sure about that?

A week after Madison Central beat South Laurel, they lost at home to a Dunbar team that finished 12-17. A week before Mason County played South Laurel, they lost to Lexington Catholic by 20.

In other words, neither team was playing particularly well on a consistent basis when they played South Laurel, and just because they're playing well now says more about the parity that's prevalent in Kentucky and those teams' potential than how well they were playing at the time.

Don't strain anything patting yourself on the back ...

Ohhhhhhh there you are westsider.

:D

LOL. Maybe so...... but its still pretty funny that both Mason and Madison win their respective regions, 2 of the tougher regions in the state. And now they have the chance to make it to the state tourney final 4. They may not have been playing well at the time, but anyone with a good "basketball mind" could have seen that those 2 teams were very good, TOP 25 teams (actually top 8 at this point), and it was only a matter of time for them to start playing their best basketball.

Get over it, and admit you were wrong for once. I know its hard for you to do. :thumb:

I thought South Laurel was impressive. They are very confident and extremely strong with the ball. John Hardin was very athletic and the refs allowed the defense on the ball to get very physical. Proffitt and company can handle the physical play and know how to take care of the ball. That being the case I don't see them losing in the turnover column. I expect to see them Saturday night.

I thought South Laurel was impressive. They are very confident and extremely strong with the ball. John Hardin was very athletic and the refs allowed the defense on the ball to get very physical. Proffitt and company can handle the physical play and know how to take care of the ball. That being the case I don't see them losing in the turnover column. I expect to see them Saturday night.

Hope you are right.

They still have to play a Graves team that could give them trouble, but I think they will end up winning. Then they will have an extremely difficult semifinal matchup up against Shelby or Jefferson. I didnt get to watch Shelby play, but a close friend of mine said they may have been the most impressive team in the first round.

Hope you are right.

Then they will have an extremely difficult semifinal matchup up against Shelby or Jefferson. I didnt get to watch Shelby play, but a close friend of mine said they may have been the most impressive team in the first round.

If SL and Shelby win it will be an awesome matchup on Saturday morning. I have to give SL the edge as they have been there before.

I expect that SL would play zone against Shelby which will create problems. A.J. can shoot the three but they are best driving and dishing. SL has some long arms which makes the skip pass difficult against their zone.

Ohhhhhhh there you are westsider.

:D

LOL. Maybe so...... but its still pretty funny that both Mason and Madison win their respective regions, 2 of the tougher regions in the state. And now they have the chance to make it to the state tourney final 4. They may not have been playing well at the time, but anyone with a good "basketball mind" could have seen that those 2 teams were very good, TOP 25 teams (actually top 8 at this point), and it was only a matter of time for them to start playing their best basketball.

Get over it, and admit you were wrong for once. I know its hard for you to do. :thumb:

Am I? That's a matter of opinion.

Madison Central lost to Franklin County (16-12) just four weeks ago and lost by double digits, at home, to Scott County barely two weeks before they beat Scott in the regional final. Mason County lost to Clark County at home a little over a month ago, then won two squeakers on their home court to get to Rupp.

I say it's as much a matter of parity and teams getting hot at the right time ... and who's to say I'm wrong?

PRP looked very good tonight. Madison Central won big put didnt look as impressive as PRP IMO. I heard from a very good source that Shelby Co looked extremely good, and could be the team to beat.

Probably was me. I don't think I "hammered" you, just pointed out that I thought John Hardin had played more quality opponents. I still believe that. South Laurel proved it was the better team on the floor in a very good ballgame. I hope they move on and win it all so that I can say, licking my wounds, that the 5th region rep. got beaten by the eventual state champ.:cool: