Should Ashland's Coach Love be worried?

former81tomcat

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one may get good after all :popcorn: :clap:.

With all the outrage, and most by some people that are just jumping on the pile / playing follow the leader and don't really know a friggin' thing about it then I would say Yes, he probably should be worried.

I know that Ashland does have a lot of talent and should have a better record but I am not close enough to their program to make an opinion on if only a 2nd year coach should be fired. Everything cannot be All the head coaches fault but he is the one that gets the blame, its that way everywhere and goes with the position. As a head coach it is his job to do everything he can to fix it. I personally would think that there is plenty enough blame to go around, jmo.

Also, I don't think that there has ever been, in the history of football at any level, anywhere that there weren't some complaining about the coach. Paul "Bear" Bryant probably had a few idiots somewhere complaining about him :isurrender:.

I have nothing but respect for the Tomcat program and pull for them in every game except the one vs. Raceland. I will say this about some of the comments I have heard.......Dickie Martin is arguably The Best play by play man in our area.......the end. IF Martin is hiring and firing coaches and / or influencing the people that actually do then Ashland, you do have problems. I just wish that Raceland could have had one more possession in that 4th qtr. and imo the Tomcats would have had another loss. That however, falls in the "if - if and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a merry Christmas".

Good Luck Tomcats :thumb:.

BTW....Where is LRCW on this thread ? :idunno:

Pure stupidity and desperation if they fire Coach Love after one potential bad season. And good luck attracting a quality coach for the long haul.

OK, playing devil's advocate here, what if the job is too much for him? You sacrifice another class of kids just for appearance's sake so that you can attract better applicants?

OK, playing devil's advocate here, what if the job is too much for him? You sacrifice another class of kids just for appearance's sake so that you can attract better applicants?

I understand your point but do you really think giving the man only two years is a fair evaluation of his ability to run this program?

Victories would help for sure. If they stub their toe once in the next four weeks they will have a losing record.

One would think that the Tomcats should win the rest of their games, of course Johnson Central is always a tough one. But that one is always for the district championship...my only worry is that the Tomcats come out and just go through the motions in games with BC,GC, and RC. In my opinion they need to blowout these teams to build momentum. Any lackluster efforts, clock mismanagement, etc will continue to keep threads like this popping up.

Stopped by practice this evening and it was more spirited than usual. I saw a few changes and heard a few accountabity challenges. A couple of winnable home games are what the doctor ordered. While they are winnable they are not gimmes, Ashland must play well and improve every week if they want a shot at the district title