Should Ashland's Coach Love be worried?

former81tomcat

After watching a little more, there are assignments defensively that I dont understand. We nullify what our defenders can do by putting them in positions with assignments that dont promote their strengths. While Rowan may not break the long one, I am afraid they will have 10 + play drives that not only result in possible points and field position but will limit the number of offensive plays Ashland will run.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching a little more, there are assignments defensively that I dont understand. We nullify what our defenders can do by putting them in positions with assignments that dont promote their strengths. While Rowan may not break the long one, I am afraid they will have 10 + play drives that not only result in possible points and field position but will limit the number of offensive plays Ashland will run.

If that happens, Ashland has big, big problems.

No disrespect intended, but Rowan is simply not very good. Pretty much a one-trick pony on offense.

I agree with assignments that don't promote their strengths. I think the same thing is true with the offense, especially QB.

I appreciate the confidence. Evidently your child has played for me at some point. Maybe even on one of our State Championship teams. While there is truth in my sarcasm, it is sarcasm nevertheless. If my observations bother you that much I apologize. Do you email the guys on Sportscenter that make observations that upset you too? I hope that you were not confused by my statements and this is some misunderstanding. As an Ashland fan, I was encourged by some of the things I saw yesterday. Hence my post. I am also confused by some things. Hence my post. I believe the next four are winnable, I believe that with some momentun and a few breaks maybe we can upset Johnson Central. Never once have I asked for the Coach's head. I fully believe he should have the opportunity to right the ship. If this forum isnt the place to share my observations, then I am wrong forgive me. If it is an appropriate environment for people to share their thoughts then you can, hmmmmmmmmmm you can continue to read my thoughts.

I don't know who you are or what state championships you are referring to. If this forum isn't the place for my observations, I'm paying my money so........ If you can't take public criticism from a stranger behind a keyboard I wonder how Love feels?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join Date: Dec 06 Location: Bluegrasspreps Director of Football Operations Posts: 32,559

Who Said it Tonight?

"I've been under a tremendous amount of stress all year."

This is how Love said he feels. It is on another thread started by RAM. I am glad you are more concerned about my thoughts than he is. If he wants to know how I feel all he has to do is ask me. He knows me by name and he knows I was a supporter of him when Hart retired and he knows that I believe it is his job to right the ship. He also knows me well enough that he asked me personally about me being involved in some way. So if you are worried about the relationship between Coach Love and I no need to worry. If you are worried that my thoughts influence or pressure him in any way, you can relax, he and I understand each other completely.

I've been thinking about what you said. Love must feel very lucky to have a coach with at least 2 championship rings come by his practice and offer comments. If it wasn't a gray area of trying to reveal an identity I'd ask which school or schools you won rings at. Being so close to WV and also in KY I have no idea.

I share my thoughts and observations about Ashland football in Ashland football forums. It is true that Iam4thecats has paid his money and has every right to criticize me. Could a moderator please open a thread in the appropriate forum for Iam4thecats to post his criticisms?

Theme song

Mirror, mirror on the wall

Tell me, mirror, what is wrong?

Can it be my De La clothes

Or is it just my De La song?

What I do ain't make-beleive

People say I sit and try

But whan it comes to being De La

It's just me myself and I

It's just me myself and