Beechwood 37 Conner 7 Scrimmage

Impressive performance by the Tigers controlling the game throughout. Beechwood had 4 different running backs make impressive runs - Studer, Stringer, Erdman and Caldwell. The Tigers won the battle at the line of scrimmage. Conner had one good drive late after Beechwood had built a 30-0 lead. Outside of that drive, Conner had 3 first downs on the night.

Conner is very young. They only have 7 seniors on the roster. It looks like a rebuilding season for the Cougars. They split the QB duties between Martin and Padgett. IMO Kyler Padgett was the clear winner in that QB battle leading the Cougars to their only score with a nice mix of running and a long pass play.

The JV scrimmaged for 25 minutes running clock at halftime. This was the one bright spot of the night for Conner getting a 14-0 win. Beechwood had 3 possessions - stopped on downs at the 22; fumble on first play of next possession; interception thrown a couple plays into their 3rd possession. Conner's JV QB sophomore Walker Buerlow threw a 7 yard TD pass, a 23 yard TD pass and a 2 point conversion pass for Conner's scoring.

I talked to a couple of people who went to the scrimmage and they both told me Beechwood looks big, fast, and strong.

This is definitely the year for Beechwood to win it all and beat Mayfield along the way. If the Tigers don't do it this year everyone will always look back and say "only because Mayfield moved up."

I talked to a couple of people who went to the scrimmage and they both told me Beechwood looks big, fast, and strong.

This is definitely the year for Beechwood to win it all and beat Mayfield along the way. If the Tigers don't do it this year everyone will always look back and say "only because Mayfield moved up."

They better have their "A" game.

I agree with your post Guru. Beechwood has a very good team this year that has a legitimate chance at finally beating Mayfield and winning another title. The key word there is chance. They are not favored to beat Mayfield. Conner is in rebuild mode so this score needs to be kept in that perspective. But the Tigers look to be ready for a really good season.

Like I'm Mr. Snot or Mr. Snakesnot to you... rookie:eyeonyou:

Rookie by user name only but ok Mr. Snot. You have spent more time on BW threads than most BW fans so I suppose you have earned the moniker. Same holds true for Mr. Pick or Mr. Tooth. Not sure what he prefers.

Rookie by user name only but ok Mr. Snot. You have spent more time on BW threads than most BW fans so I suppose you have earned the moniker. Same holds true for Mr. Pick or Mr. Tooth. Not sure what he prefers.

Just call me The Godfather :laugh:

My opinion is that for now lets let Bw take the #1 spot. This young Cards team is just that young and it is much like what we saw in 2011 and most of the same spots are again the big question marks. We have a young inexperienced QB that appears to be stronger armed and at this point a little ahead of Jake Guhy in 2011 at the same point in the season. That 2011 team featured a great back and LB in Jonathan Jackson and this team will feature a name all will come to know in Trajon Bright. At this point in 2011 Jackson was better. Both teams have/had very good receiving corps. The lines were similar so not sure which had the advantage. Both had good defenses, that should again be the case. If this team progresses like the 2011 team Mf will be a hard out but that question will not get answered for awhile yet.

But

Is Bw better than 2011? They appear to have a better QB and not as good of a back as Nuss was

Hard to say from way back here out west but I sure recall how that was the team circled for years that would return Bw to the title and they frost champs and all that. I doubt Bw 2014 is as good as BW 2011 but it likely will not have to be to win a title this year

I say Bw is #1 or Frank is for now and may change my tune after seeing how Mf matures. That is as straight up and honest of an answer as I can give for someone hidden behind a Cpu that really has no idea about either