Economy bounces back second quarter

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just going by dan's post. I know less than zero about economics.

1 percenters can weather anything, in fact they're probably accumulating value stocks today. The little guys are the ones hurt. Hopefully it bounces back in the coming weeks. Just never know what will set a frenzy going.

1 percenters can weather anything, in fact they're probably accumulating value stocks today. The little guys are the ones hurt. Hopefully it bounces back in the coming weeks. Just never know what will set a frenzy going.

That would be me.:lol2:

You and me both brother. I'm just lucky I'm not planning on hitting my retirement up for a few years.

And I'm lucky that I retired 6 years ago taking home about 80 percent of my take-home when I was working. And hoping that early SS will still be available in 4 years, and not at the expense of my current KERS.

The official UE number bumped back up in June from 6.1% to 6.2%

U.S. job growth cools, unemployment rate rises | Reuters

Have not had time to dig too much but some other data points from above:

Average hourly earnings, which are being closely monitored as a potential signal of reduced slack that could prompt the Fed to raise rates, rose only one cent.

The core personal consumption expenditures price index, which is the Fed's preferred inflation measure, increased 1.5 percent in the 12 months through June, still below the central bank's 2 percent target.

"It still points to a job market and an economy that is improving, but we also have the absence of wage pressures building, which is becoming another concern for investors," (Official rate rises and it points to a job market that is improving?)

The jobless rate has declined from a peak of 10 percent in October 2009, but much of the drop has been because Americans have left the workforce. (Emphasis added. Participation rate is lowest in decades.)

The ranks of the long-term unemployed swelled last month, which will catch the attention of policymakers. The length of time Americans are spending unemployed also rose in July after hitting its lowest level in more than five years in June. (Not good that this metric reversed direction.)

The length of the average workweek held steady at 34.5 hours. (For increased hiring this is not good. Increased hours are leading indicator to more hiring.)

So the bottom line is we have 11 million more jobless Americans than we had when Obama took office..
That should be the bottom line. Democrats will be campaigning on the bogus unemployment and GDP growth numbers.

I predict that the GDP growth rate for the second quarter will be revised downward but another robust GDP growth rate will be announced by the Obama administration in early November, just in time for the final days of the 2014 campaign.

This tactic should not work more than once but most American voters are basically morons, and I mean that in the nicest way possible. Even more troubling is the fact than non-voters are even more willfully ignorant than the average voter.

That should be the bottom line. Democrats will be campaigning on the bogus unemployment and GDP growth numbers.

I predict that the GDP growth rate for the second quarter will be revised downward but another robust GDP growth rate will be announced by the Obama administration in early November, just in time for the final days of the 2014 campaign.

This tactic should not work more than once but most American voters are basically morons, and I mean that in the nicest way possible. Even more troubling is the fact than non-voters are even more willfully ignorant than the average voter.

I agree with the bolded passage. For the life of me I don't understand why so many people keep voting Republican. Lest you miss the point, disagreeing with you does not make one a moron.

I agree with the bolded passage. For the life of me I don't understand why so many people keep voting Republican. Lest you miss the point, disagreeing with you does not make one a moron.
I never said it did, but I am sure that you know that, don't you?

I never said it did, but I am sure that you know that, don't you?

Well, no. Everything you write leads me to believe that you think people that disagree with you are morons. You are the one that said "most American voters are basically morons". I happen not to believe that. I disagree with the will of the voters quite often, but over the long haul I think that the voters get it right. Certainly I think that they got it right in the last two presidential elections. It is a system that has served us well for a long time. It will serve us well in the future. I believe that the voters will eventually punish the Republican party for its embrace of an obstructionist, know nothing political platform. When that happens they will return to right center candidates that provide a counterbalance to a left center democratic party.